Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Official Redskins Final Cuts Thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-01-2012, 11:28 PM   #1
44 goes 50 gut

Re: Official Redskins Final Cuts Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucket View Post
Slaton is better then any back we have atm. People are on the Morris train right now but the guy is running over 2nd teamers and the Colts. Who couldnt stop my high school team from scoring last year. Helu should be the starter is we dont end up getting Slaton. Hes our best back, only thing is... People say he has durability issues.
His two banged up achillies tendons and his injuries last year say he's got durability issues.

Of course Slaton may very well be a flash in the pan. He had his own injuries if memory serves me correctly and he certainly hasn't done anything recently.

That said he also might have been Pushed out of the ideal system for his skills by a guy called Arian Foster.

So what I'm saying is: the guy might make a nice insurance back who has at least some plausible possibility of returning to a form that would make him pro bowl RB. Stranger things have happened... we are talking about Football after all.

Last edited by 44 goes 50 gut; 09-01-2012 at 11:35 PM.
44 goes 50 gut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 10:25 AM   #2
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Slaton is better then any back we have atm.

No. They could bring Reggie Bush over here and he still wouldn't be a better back than the ones we have. He'd be a better 3rd down back, but that's about it. Slaton is barely hanging onto a roster spot for a reason.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 12:07 PM   #3
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post

No. They could bring Reggie Bush over here and he still wouldn't be a better back than the ones we have. He'd be a better 3rd down back, but that's about it. Slaton is barely hanging onto a roster spot for a reason.
I think the Skins are looking for someone with good hands and explosiveness to fill the 3rd down back role. My guess is that Helu was supposed to be that player but he hasn't been healthy lately.

Apparently, Skins management thinks that Slaton might be able to reclaim his career in that role. I have my doubts about Slaton but it wouldn't hurt my feelings if the Skins were to bring in a back who could be a big play threat in the passing game.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 01:01 PM   #4
Bucket
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post

Because our backs have achieved so much? Our starting back last year who beat out the 2 we have at the moment got cut. You are being delusional. You can keep adding. your opinionated replys about how our back are betterthen Bush or Slaton but both jave achieved more then any back we have. Hell, i would even say combined
Bucket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 01:11 PM   #5
artmonkforhallofamein07
Pro Bowl

I will say this about Slaton, I am a big WVU fan. I have watches him through college and into the pros.

One thing Slaton did very well at WVU was pick up blitzing defenders very well. To the point where when he was in his prime at WVU I used to compare him to Portis in the way he played the game. He is a quick and physical runner and can pick up blitzes with the ferocity that Portis used to.
Old 09-02-2012, 03:20 AM   #6
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Slaton is better then any back we have atm. People are on the Morris train right now but the guy is running over 2nd teamers and the Colts. Who couldnt stop my high school team from scoring last year. Helu should be the starter is we dont end up getting Slaton. Hes our best back, only thing is... People say he has durability issues.
Morris played against the Bears first team and looked good.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 using Taptalk 2
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 08:35 AM   #7
HailGreen28
Playmaker

This is kinda nitpicking because I know they have to work on building at every position, and I don't know* what they try to do and it just falls through....

I feel like the front office should quit worrying so much about stockpiling RBs, and get more results on bringing in secondary and OL that could start for us. Even though they're probably working on that.

*(not like SS does (thank you!) let alone what's happening in Allen and Shanny's offices)
HailGreen28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 12:03 PM   #8
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by HailGreen28 View Post
This is kinda nitpicking because I know they have to work on building at every position, and I don't know* what they try to do and it just falls through....

I feel like the front office should quit worrying so much about stockpiling RBs, and get more results on bringing in secondary and OL that could start for us. Even though they're probably working on that.

*(not like SS does (thank you!) let alone what's happening in Allen and Shanny's offices)
I think you can maybe make an argument that they're not doing enough/haven't done enough to build up the secondary. I wouldn't say that's true for the OL.

I don't think they're all gung-ho we have to get Slaton. It's just that a couple of weeks ago Helu's status looked really bleak and Hightower was still trying to find his way back. So they scanned other team's rosters and who might be available and lo and behold there's an RB likely available with experience in this offense. That's all
Old 09-02-2012, 09:11 AM   #9
budw38
Playmaker

My guess would be Kyle S. while at Houston coached Slaten who as a rookie rushed for over 1,200 yds and almost 5 yds/carry . I think we have a nice group of backs either way !
budw38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 12:03 PM   #10
MTK
\m/

I'd sure as hell take Reggie Bush.

Slaton, meh. Good depth.
Old 09-02-2012, 12:05 PM   #11
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
I'd sure as hell take Reggie Bush.

Slaton, meh. Good depth.
Couple of years ago I, and I think FRPLG, really believed Bush would be a great fit here. Still tend to think so. He's very underrated in my opinion.
Old 09-02-2012, 12:38 PM   #12
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Couple of years ago I, and I think FRPLG, really believed Bush would be a great fit here. Still tend to think so. He's very underrated in my opinion.
If you could go back to the draft that Bush was in, he wouldn't even be a top 15 pick that year, never the less a #2 pick. He's a great all-purpose/3rd down back, but he simply isn't cut out to be a every down back. Had Daniel Thomas not been hurt as much as he was, he probably would have taken a bunch of carries away from Bush last year.

This is not saying I wouldn't want him on the team, just not as a every down back.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 12:39 PM   #13
MTK
\m/

I think he proved last year he can carry the load.
Old 09-02-2012, 01:25 PM   #14
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

Are we bringing him in?

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 02:00 PM   #15
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Reggie bust I mean bush had a good year last year but I don't see him really taking off this season