The Bad News Thread

Parking Lot

Old 01-26-2018, 01:57 PM   #1
metalskins
The Starter

Re: The Bad News Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
yeah...I have no problem in admitting the mistake and apologizing. Likewise, I have no problem standing strong for something I believe in. I also like to take that stance for a teammate as well.

People who try to b.s. or be cute about it...well, that develops a reputation---office politics will develop. The worse of course is the person who refuses to take blame and then blame someone else behind the back.

The funniest to me are the people who lie about something and think no one can tell. Like their so effing slick. They always look the worse...
I'm actually dealing with this right now at work. We have the finance director who refuses to go through proper channels when bringing new software applications on board. Everything IT related needs to go through IT's vetting before it is approved, but time and time again, this lady doesn't go through those channels and purchases the software anyway. But then, she expects IT to set it up all the technical bits for her, but she expects to manage it until something comes into question with our state audits and said software (such as admin duties of managing the software) and then she tosses it to us like a hot potato, thinking she can wash her hands of any wrong doing. I don't know how she continues getting away with it, but she does.
Old 01-29-2018, 03:20 PM   #2
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
yeah...I have no problem in admitting the mistake and apologizing. Likewise, I have no problem standing strong for something I believe in. I also like to take that stance for a teammate as well.

People who try to b.s. or be cute about it...well, that develops a reputation---office politics will develop. The worse of course is the person who refuses to take blame and then blame someone else behind the back.

The funniest to me are the people who lie about something and think no one can tell. Like their so effing slick. They always look the worse...

That was one of the biggest problems I had at work. Just trying to convince people to own up to the mistake and lets move on. By not doing it extends the process of any correction needed and 9 times out of 10 makes it worse. Good Luck Chico.
Old 01-29-2018, 10:38 AM   #3
Schneed10
A Dude

Metalskins, hoping for the best for you and your wife. You've no doubt heard by now that those things are often just cysts. My wife had one at 19 (we weren't married yet). It spooked her but once biopsy revealed it was just a cyst it was all a relief. They cut it out in a simple operation and no more issues.

Good luck!
Old 01-29-2018, 11:43 AM   #4
metalskins
The Starter

Hey guys, Punch & Schneed, thanks for your comments! My wife does have a history of fybroids, and I wouldn't doubt that this is what the CAT Scan found. She had 5 fybroids that were removed shortly after she gave birth to our son a few years ago. So knowing this, I bet this is what is going on with her. At least, I hope so! It definitely gives you an uneasy feeling, though.
Old 01-29-2018, 05:57 PM   #5
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalskins View Post
Hey guys, Punch & Schneed, thanks for your comments! My wife does have a history of fybroids, and I wouldn't doubt that this is what the CAT Scan found. She had 5 fybroids that were removed shortly after she gave birth to our son a few years ago. So knowing this, I bet this is what is going on with her. At least, I hope so! It definitely gives you an uneasy feeling, though.
As the saying goes, prepare for the worst, and hope for the best. I'm hoping it's something minor for your wife dude. Stay strong.
Old 01-30-2018, 08:24 AM   #6
metalskins
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
As the saying goes, prepare for the worst, and hope for the best. I'm hoping it's something minor for your wife dude. Stay strong.
Thanks Mooby! She has her mammogram scheduled for Thursday. Don't know if she gets results then or if she has to wait. My wife has just about worried herself sick.
Old 02-05-2018, 02:19 PM   #7
metalskins
The Starter

This probably belongs in the good news thread, but since we were talking about this in this thread, I just wanted to say that everything turned out great for my wife. She doesn't have breast Cancer and turned out to be absolutely nothing wrong with her. I'm relieved! Now, I'm pissed that we'll have some medical bills coming our way, lol!
Old 02-05-2018, 03:29 PM   #8
jamf
Pro Bowl

Quote:
This probably belongs in the good news thread, but since we were talking about this in this thread, I just wanted to say that everything turned out great for my wife. She doesn't have breast Cancer and turned out to be absolutely nothing wrong with her. I'm relieved! Now, I'm pissed that we'll have some medical bills coming our way, lol!
Great News!
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 03:53 PM   #9
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Congratulations!!! Great news, as for the bills they are a necessary evil of life. Just pay what you can.
Old 01-29-2018, 12:15 PM   #10
DidierAubin87
Camp Scrub

Bad news: I think my pocket is empty now. I spent money on traveling last week within 6 days in Japan.
DidierAubin87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 11:00 AM   #11
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...plaint-n936511

Homeless man and N.J. couple concocted story for GoFundMe fundraiser

As a society who regularly believes fake news, who jumps to conclusions based on a single photo, etc...this is rich. I blame any fool who gives to this crap.

The media gets a big assist for spreading the scam...as apparently the public doesn't care if they research this stuff. CNN which rentlessly ran the story front page...its nowhere to be found on their front page.

Anyone who gave should get their money back...they don't deserve it. A lot of these go fund me are based on lies and greed. Go fund me should face some sort of charges in this as well.
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 03:56 PM   #12
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...plaint-n936511

Homeless man and N.J. couple concocted story for GoFundMe fundraiser

As a society who regularly believes fake news, who jumps to conclusions based on a single photo, etc...this is rich. I blame any fool who gives to this crap.

The media gets a big assist for spreading the scam...as apparently the public doesn't care if they research this stuff. CNN which rentlessly ran the story front page...its nowhere to be found on their front page.

Anyone who gave should get their money back...they don't deserve it. A lot of these go fund me are based on lies and greed. Go fund me should face some sort of charges in this as well.
What does FOX have to say about it?
Old 11-15-2018, 04:08 PM   #13
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
What does FOX have to say about it?
CNN ran something about an hour ago.

But its funny G1, the felony domestic assaulter -Michael Avenatti-story...small, little 200 word article today to the side on CNN.com.

But if you google Avenatti CNN and August, September, etc...you see multiple, massive articles about the guy. CNN gave this guy a huge platform, along with MSNBC, CNN...but somehow they bury this story.

Funny how that proven media bias works.
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 04:19 PM   #14
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:

But its funny G1, the felony domestic assaulter -Michael Avenatti-story...small, little 200 word article today to the side on CNN.com.

But if you google Avenatti CNN and August, September, etc...you see multiple, massive articles about the guy. CNN gave this guy a huge platform, along with MSNBC, CNN...but somehow they bury this story.

Your bias is showing............

https://abcnews.go.com/US/michael-av...ry?id=59202264
Old 11-17-2018, 08:06 AM   #15
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:

Funny how in your world innocent until proven guilty only applies to people who dont suck off the orange guy.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote