Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy

Ukraine mega thread

Debating with the enemy

Old 02-25-2022, 10:54 AM   #316
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Re: Hey there's about to be a war in Ukraine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
The easiest evidence to see the media is in the bag for failed presidency is why you hear so much of Tucker, Candace Owens, Trump, etc and Ukraine. Of course none of these people matter when it comes to decision making or strategy.

Wa Post, NYT, La times, Chicago Tribune, NBC news, CNN…no one raising an ounce of criticism on Jake Sullivan, Blinken, Psaki, Klein, Harris or Biden over Ukraine. Why is that? It doesn’t reflect the actual sentiment of the American people:

https://news.gallup.com/poll/390086/...ssia-near.aspx

36% approve of the handling of Russia vs 55% disapprove. Overall 41 approve vs 55 disapprove.

4 out of the top 5 articles most read on the Wa Post were about Trump. It’s laughable how out of touch the coverage is.

That’s why they continue to highlight Tucker, Owens, Trump, etc.
I am not shocked at all by these numbers. I think in terms of Russia I do agree but the precedent has been set on the handling of Putin by the two prior administrations and Western Europe. We handled his transgressions poorly for over a decade and now we are acting like parents going "I don't know what the problem is! I took away his phone."

Advertisements
Old 02-25-2022, 11:04 AM   #317
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
I am not shocked at all by these numbers. I think in terms of Russia I do agree but the precedent has been set on the handling of Putin by the two prior administrations and Western Europe. We handled his transgressions poorly for over a decade and now we are acting like parents going "I don't know what the problem is! I took away his phone."
Definitely plenty of blame to go around. Some of it falls on Biden but certainly not all of it or most of it.

Treat countries like Russia with kiddy gloves and they will walk all over you.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2022, 11:07 AM   #318
SunnySide
Playmaker

maybe im just in a bad mood today (I have to watch the sound of music tonight) ...

but can you guys drop the trump talk. fuck trump

eveyr thread just gravitates to the median .. which is trump biden blah blah blah

fuck both of them. one is a con artist and the other is old as fuck and only won bc he went up against the worst president of all time.

were robots at this point ... repeating talking points about how the other side just repeats talking pionts

our discussions in here are on an algorythm (or how ever you spell that word) .. everyone knows exactly where any discussion is going and who is going to say what
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2022, 11:14 AM   #319
SunnySide
Playmaker

"ghost of Kiev" .. a rogue Ukraine mig fighter is rumored to have 6 air to sir kills as of 2 hours ago. dont know if its real, and i imagine people just want some knight in shinnig armor but the story is badass if true. i hope it is.

------------

russia wants to talk surrender, Ukraine President Zelensky wants to talk,perhaps will accept being a neutral country .. whcih means he steps down and russia puts russian plants in charge and things go back to pre 2014 status

----

Snake island - a tiny tiny little island with like 2 houses on it. 13 ukraine soldiers there. russian warship announces over speaker "capitualte or die"

ukraine's are heard saying "well this is it". they then turn their speaker up loud and told the russian warship to "go fuck yourself"

they lied soon after.

----------------

Old 02-25-2022, 11:28 AM   #320
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
I just don’t agree here. George W was tough on Russia…john McCain and Mitt Romney ( Obama: 1980s called they want their foreign policy back) both Presidential nominations and leaders in the GOP both extremely tough and hawkish on Russia. While Trump disgracefully praised Putin multiple times, his positions and policy were tough on Russia. I’ve outlined it above and he placed the sanctions on Nordstream 2 originally.

But when I say check the record on Biden, he’s praised Russia as well in the past and even considered him an ally while in the Obama administration. Democrats used Russia as a scapegoat for 2016 that’s where I see the basis for their emerging hate of Russia. Here is Biden in the Obama administration:

US Vice President Joe Biden announced Obama’s new policy at the February 2009 Munich Security Conference: ‘It’s time to press the reset button and to revisit the many areas where we can and should be working together with Russia.’6 At the heart of this reset was prudent expectations management, using moderate rhetoric to create a set of achievable goals. The focus was interest-based pragmatism and a restrained policy toward Russia’s neighbours and toward Russia’s internal politics.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2022, 11:32 AM   #321
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
My God do you ever read what you write, you are seriously ignorant. I posted what he didn't do for Ukraine ,he got Impeached for it .......comrade chico!

You gotta stop quoting him it forces me to see the ignorance. Lol
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2022, 11:33 AM   #322
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

So you thought Obama's handling of Georgia and Ukraine were ok? I think the applications of loose handed sanctions really lends itself to the framework of what we are seeing now.
Old 02-25-2022, 11:41 AM   #323
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
maybe im just in a bad mood today (I have to watch the sound of music tonight) ...

but can you guys drop the trump talk. fuck trump

eveyr thread just gravitates to the median .. which is trump biden blah blah blah

fuck both of them. one is a con artist and the other is old as fuck and only won bc he went up against the worst president of all time.

were robots at this point ... repeating talking points about how the other side just repeats talking pionts

our discussions in here are on an algorythm (or how ever you spell that word) .. everyone knows exactly where any discussion is going and who is going to say what
+1 (just keeping the algorithm going). The line about Trump/Biden rings particularly true.

The worst part is if Trump wins the nom in 2024 Biden gets my vote all over again, despite the fact he's geriatric as fuck and just on principle I don't want anyone near the age of 80 running the country or even working in Congress.
Old 02-25-2022, 12:07 PM   #324
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Buddy of mine air national guard based out of Martins air base. Got some papers and is shipping out to Germany right now. Things about to go down.
Old 02-25-2022, 12:09 PM   #325
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Buddy of mine air national guard based out of Martins air base. Got some papers and is shipping out to Germany right now. Things about to go down.

We have to stand ground over there just to show Putin there is a line. This will never go further than Ukraine (which is already too far) imo.
Old 02-25-2022, 12:16 PM   #326
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Hey guys, I’m looking for a good source to follow the war in Ukraine with daily updates, battle footage, active map, etc. I had one for the Syrian civil war and Isis war as well but need one for Ukraine. If Reddit has a halfway decent thread, post links

Send me links through messages if you prefer

Thanks
reddit

r/CombatFootage ... its doesnt give updates but is the most comprehensive collection of live stream or video recordings of the war
Old 02-25-2022, 12:18 PM   #327
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
So you thought Obama's handling of Georgia and Ukraine were ok? I think the applications of loose handed sanctions really lends itself to the framework of what we are seeing now.

Im not sure who you were asking but no i dont think any President since 1991 has crippled Putin the way they should have. Including Trump who contrary to what fox news says absolutely gave Putin and the dirty Russian money (shocker) credibility. Those dozen or so oligarchs that keep Putin in power need to be directly sanctioned. London is flooded with billions of dollars of dirty Russian money. The German pipeline has to be shut down. The problem is money always comes first in every country and it has to stop. We (i mean everyone besides China, and Iran basically) could absolutely cut off and cripple Putin and his billionaire thugs. The problem again is that it will effect the economy (in the short term) and certain citizens will go crazy because they can’t see the forest thru the trees. Fox news will say look what Biden did to the economy. Right wing media all over the world will go full uproar because their pockets get light for a time. It always comes back to money over life. It is a real slippery slope.
Old 02-25-2022, 12:40 PM   #328
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Putin then went into Ukraine and annexed Crimea under Obama watch.

I dunno, Its just exhausting to think how we got here. It sux for everybody. Im pulling for them to take Russia initial first big blow and then bog them down. Tough to see that happening.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2022, 12:54 PM   #329
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Im not sure who you were asking but no i dont think any President since 1991 has crippled Putin the way they should have. Including Trump who contrary to what fox news says absolutely gave Putin and the dirty Russian money (shocker) credibility. Those dozen or so oligarchs that keep Putin in power need to be directly sanctioned. London is flooded with billions of dollars of dirty Russian money. The German pipeline has to be shut down. The problem is money always comes first in every country and it has to stop. We (i mean everyone besides China, and Iran basically) could absolutely cut off and cripple Putin and his billionaire thugs. The problem again is that it will effect the economy (in the short term) and certain citizens will go crazy because they can’t see the forest thru the trees. Fox news will say look what Biden did to the economy. Right wing media all over the world will go full uproar because their pockets get light for a time. It always comes back to money over life. It is a real slippery slope.
💯💯💯💯💯

Well, I'll be damned, Punch and me actually agree on a political post.

I pretty sure I just saw a pig fly by my window.
Old 02-25-2022, 12:55 PM   #330
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Hopefully this ends with a bullet between Putin's eyes.