trump Inpeachment...............

Debating with the enemy

Old 01-14-2020, 09:11 PM   #316
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Re: trump Impeachment...............

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
I could sit here and nitpick about how McConnell made up the rule about how Obama can't pick a SC nominee during his last year in office because they don't have the time to properly vet the nominee, and then turn around and speed rush Trump's nominees through, but we all know you guys are just making up the rules as you go.

I could also point out how each senator is going to take an oath to judge the impeachment trial impartially, yet McConnell and Graham have both already said they will be acting as the President's defense (and so will the rest of the Republican majority, despite the Senate oath to act as the jury). Republicans have literally prioritized protecting the president above the Constitution of the United States of America (you know, that holy document that allows you the right to bear arms).

In case you forgot:

https://www.senate.gov/artandhistory...hmentRules.pdf

I could also point out how every single impeachment trial in the Senate has called witnesses, yet your leaders have already said they won't call any witnesses or listen to new evidence.

I could also point out how the entire Republican argument has always gone back to Trump's defense that this is a sham, without debating any of the 8 witnesses who testified in front of the house under penalty of perjury. Your entire argument literally rests on the theory that anyone who hates Trump is biased and therefore is an unreliable witness.

I could also point out how Trump was not willing to testify, or let anyone from the executive office testify in front of the House in defense of their actions.

In any court of law this would all be major red flags. Trump gets to claim executive privilege though. Congratulations, you've succesfully made the position of POTUS entirely above the law. Hope that double standard applies with the next Democratic president.

I could also point out how Republicans have succesfully introduced partisanship to every branch of gov't, from Congress, from the judiciary system, to the highest court of the land, to the intelligence community, to the law enforcement community, all the way down to the state and county level with gerrymandering.

Enjoy your day gents, because it certainly won't last forever. I just hope we get to play by the same rules you have introduced. Winning is the name of the game, even at the expense of half of America.

Trump has already lowered the credibility and respect of this country and the Office of the President around the World with his lies and crooked dealings but if Chief Justice Roberts doesn't control this shit show trump will succeed in bringing down the SCOUS. He will have officially destroyed the country.

Advertisements
Old 01-15-2020, 12:01 AM   #317
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Trump has already lowered the credibility and respect of this country and the Office of the President around the World with his lies and crooked dealings but if Chief Justice Roberts doesn't control this shit show trump will succeed in bringing down the SCOUS. He will have officially destroyed the country.
Lol. Such hyperbole. Step off the ledge.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 06:18 AM   #318
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Lol. Such hyperbole. Step off the ledge.
.....................typical trumpette response .

Old 01-15-2020, 10:57 AM   #319
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Re: trump Inpeachment...............

sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 07:39 PM   #320
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
classy.
Old 01-17-2020, 07:55 PM   #321
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Sadly this won't matter ,the Republicans have already said this Impeachment will be white washed...................

https://www.yahoo.com/news/governmen...154124811.html

Government Accountability Office Finds That Trump White House Illegally Held Up Ukraine Aid

President Donald Trump’s White House violated federal law by withholding military aid to Ukraine, a top government watchdog announced on Thursday, dealing a blow to the administration’s case against impeachment as the Senate prepares to put Trump on trial.

The Government Accountability Office dismantled the White House Office of Management and Budget’s rationale for withholding the $214 million in congressionally appropriated security assistance, which Trump held up as he and his personal lawyer, Rudy Giuliani, pressed the Ukrainian government to reopen investigations into Trump’s political rivals.

Trump has consistently denied that withholding the aid was at all related to his and Giuliani’s efforts to dig up dirt on the youngest son of Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden. That question is at the center of impeachment allegations referred to the Senate for trial this week.
Old 01-17-2020, 08:54 PM   #322
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

That whole "anybody who hates Donald Trump is a biased liberal who can't be trusted" defense is actually working beautifully right now. As long as they have full commitment from the roster Trump can literally do anything he wants. The system works!
Old 01-18-2020, 06:29 AM   #323
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
That whole "anybody who hates Donald Trump is a biased liberal who can't be trusted" defense is actually working beautifully right now. As long as they have full commitment from the roster Trump can literally do anything he wants. The system works!
The only way to save trump from this is to tear apart the goverment and the country and that is what they Republicains are doing, it's sad.
Old 01-18-2020, 10:20 AM   #324
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Good one, now that is funny.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 03:23 PM   #325
Giantone
Gamebreaker

If trumpettes like it, it must be shit.
Old 01-18-2020, 05:39 PM   #326
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
If trumpettes like it, it must be shit.
There's the (lack of) critical thinking skills I always expect from you.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 05:54 PM   #327
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
There's the (lack of) critical thinking skills I always expect from you.

Considering the post I was responding to , I expect nothing less from you.You don't disappoint.
Old 01-18-2020, 06:03 PM   #328
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

The post was funny because it rang so true, if Trump were to say apples are good for you, you would go to the nth degree to prove apples are harmful in some way.

Your over the top sky is falling response to the whole impeachment boondoggle is examplary of that.

Trump will or won't be stripped of office by the senate. If he is, I support that action because it is the senate's call to make. If he isn't then I support that action too, because it is the Senate's call to make. I am sure you cannot make the same statement and mean it honestly.

Old 01-18-2020, 08:37 PM   #329
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
The post was funny because it rang so true, if Trump were to say apples are good for you, you would go to the nth degree to prove apples are harmful in some way.

Your over the top sky is falling response to the whole impeachment boondoggle is examplary of that.

Trump will or won't be stripped of office by the senate. If he is, I support that action because it is the senate's call to make. If he isn't then I support that action too, because it is the Senate's call to make. I am sure you cannot make the same statement and mean it honestly.

LOL, way to cover your ass. Again typical trump supporter BS. Your past posts show your true colors and that if they do remove trump you will basically have a melt down and scream it was lies and a witch hunt . Never once have you come out and said trump deserves this and that he brought it on himself.trump has disgraced this country and the Office of the President of the United States . According to you it's all a conspiracy to get him ......to get trump but never once would you admit he is an ignorant man when it comes to running a country . He blackmale the republicans into backing him and now they are in it deep and can not come out of this looking any other way but covering for trump. The fact that you call the Impeachment a "boondoggle" shows that your post about supporting the outcome is a lie . Unlike you and chico I have never wavered on my stance on trump.
Old 01-18-2020, 08:38 PM   #330
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
LOL, way to cover your ass. Again typical trump supporter BS. Your past posts show your true colors and that if the remove trump you will basically have a melt down and scream it was lies and a witch hunt . Never once have you come out and said trump deserves this and that he brought it on himself.trump has disgraced this country and the Office of the President of the United States . According to you it's all a conspiracy to get him ......to get trump but never once would you admit he is an ignorant man when it comes to running a country . He blackmale the republicans into backing him and now they are in it deep and can not come out of this looking any other way but covering for trump. The fact that you call the Impeachment a "boondoggle" shows that your post about supporting the outcome is a lie . Unlike you and chico I have never wavered on my stance on trump.
I have said all along if the Senate impeaches him then I will support that choice. Further you haven't seen one post from me complaining about the House's conduct because they also have acted within their constitutional authority. you can scroll thru if you want to take the time.

As for calling it a boondoggle, maybe you and I have different definitions of it, but having a partisan vote in the house, and likely a partisan vote in the Senate is a boondoggle to me, not a clear and overwhelming national effort to remove a president guilty of high crimes and misdemeanor like Nixon faced.

I would add that the only people I have seen screaming and having melt downs are the liberal media every time Trump scores another victory.