The Bad News Thread

Parking Lot

Old 01-05-2018, 11:36 AM   #316
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

Re: The Bad News Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Thanks TMC. In the grand scheme of things it feels insignificant, but right now with a stiff back it's just another nagging annoyance. A few days of r/r and some stretching and I'll be fine. And the weekend starts tomorrow so it could be worse.
True, true. Take two of these and call me in the morning.

Have a good weekend!

Advertisements
Old 01-05-2018, 05:26 PM   #317
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

I was always more a vodka guy myself, but that would do just fine on a day like today. Thanks TMC, hope you have a good weekend too. Stay warm lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Wife has back problems that would make grown men cry it's so bad .We bought a Tempurpedic bed ...HOLY SHIT!!! It's GREAT! We've had ours almost 7 years now the new ones are nicer but I swear to God it will wreck you for any other bed! They are costly but I swear they are worth it!
I'm jealous, I spent 1g on the so called "Best Mattress Ever, TM" (literally the name) by the Brooklyn Bedding Co. about 2 years ago, it's one of those hybrid hard/soft memory foam mattresses, and while it's ok, it did become uneven even though memory foam is supposed to flatten out. I believe you on the Tempurpedic, heard nothing but good things, but that's def out of my bracket lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Mooby get better. Day before yesterday I witness semi-miracle with a loose dog...a dooberman puppy weighing about 50 lbs was running around at the local park which was fine but he then ventured on the ice of a small lake, walking towards the unfrozen middle. The owner and I...immediately put my lab on a leash...were freakin out yelling. Then I ran away with my dog towards the field which the Dobberman saw and gave chase, running back onto ground.

He must have walked 20 feet onto the lake...its like you get that sudden "impending doom" feeling, man...me and the owner freaked out yelling. side note, the owner, she is a dirty blond from California with a fat ass. I was probably paying too much attention.
I feel like this story is incomplete Chico, sounds like you had a potential bonding situation there while you both laughed about saving the dog. I get what you're saying about that impending doom though, had those same thoughts when my dog was crossing the street at full speed lol. Kept thinking with my luck he'll end up crossing at the same time as some guy comes driving down the street. Luckily nothing happened other than my dog getting to experience true freedom for a bit.
Old 01-05-2018, 05:44 PM   #318
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
I was always more a vodka guy myself, but that would do just fine on a day like today. Thanks TMC, hope you have a good weekend too. Stay warm lol.

I'm jealous, I spent 1g on the so called "Best Mattress Ever, TM" (literally the name) by the Brooklyn Bedding Co. about 2 years ago, it's one of those hybrid hard/soft memory foam mattresses, and while it's ok, it did become uneven even though memory foam is supposed to flatten out. I believe you on the Tempurpedic, heard nothing but good things, but that's def out of my bracket lol.

I feel like this story is incomplete Chico, sounds like you had a potential bonding situation there while you both laughed about saving the dog. I get what you're saying about that impending doom though, had those same thoughts when my dog was crossing the street at full speed lol. Kept thinking with my luck he'll end up crossing at the same time as some guy comes driving down the street. Luckily nothing happened other than my dog getting to experience true freedom for a bit.
I wish there was more too it. She is a cool chick, but really never attracted to her becuase she had too metal attached to her face...2 nose rings, an eyebrow and multiple ear rings. Just recently she went with just one nose ring and that’s it...boom now she looks 10 times better. So weird how that works

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 06:17 PM   #319
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Mooby.

Wife had three metal bars inserted in her back(1997) that stretch her torso 3 inches (Scoliosis).The first bed was a Queen bed and it was almost 3 grand then but they had some money off and the Doctor wrote a prescription that knocked off another 8 hundred,yes we were tight but it was a quality of life thing.Then we put that one in the guest room and bought a king ,I don't know about the "new" foam beds but the tempurpedic are amazing and if you do buy it get the box spring all so.All we have is the regular firm and yes I did the glass test (with water) and it works I swear.
Old 01-05-2018, 08:22 PM   #320
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

It's not really a hard problem to understand Chico, you just know where the line is. I'm not attracted to multiple facial piercings either, I don't mind if you get a nose ring, or an eyebrow, or w/e just don't overdo it.

G1, that sounds like a hell of a shitshow to deal with, esp with how stingy back problems are and there never really seems to be one common cure for them. Glad the Temperpedic is working out for you, it's on my "maybe, someday" list for now lol.
Old 01-06-2018, 02:26 AM   #321
jamf
Pro Bowl

I can never find my stroke in missionary on those temperpedic style mattresses, it’s like trying to bang on the beach.
Regular spring mattresses are the way to go if you want to bring the pipe.
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 06:33 AM   #322
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post
I can never find my stroke in missionary on those temperpedic style mattresses, it’s like trying to bang on the beach.

LOL,I use to love the beach.......when I was younger. You just have to be inventive and use your imagination
Old 01-06-2018, 01:56 PM   #323
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post
This made me snort, lol
Old 01-09-2018, 11:08 AM   #324
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Been dealing with back issues, started a new job this week at first glance seems like a bad decision. Just had a string of tough days.
Old 01-09-2018, 11:09 AM   #325
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

Sorry to hear it man. 2017 was even more of a shit show than 2016, so tell your back to buck up and get better.

Old 01-09-2018, 11:20 AM   #326
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
Been dealing with back issues, started a new job this week at first glance seems like a bad decision. Just had a string of tough days.
It will get better ,take care of you first!
Old 01-09-2018, 05:00 PM   #327
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
I feel your pain mred, just hang in there. Hopefully it's something short term like mine, I've been sleeping on the floor since Thursday and at the rate I'm going I should be fine in about a week. Idk how you feel about chiro's but a couple years ago I had to go to one for about 6 weeks after I pulled a ligament, and the doc was super helpful. It took about 3 weeks for me to feel fine but I kept going because my job was paying the bill. Anyways, hope you find the cure for what ails you, I know back pain is one of those things where there isn't one common solution.
Old 01-10-2018, 01:49 PM   #328
mredskins
Gamebreaker

thanks guys! Been seeing a PT guy to help with it. Have made major strides. Now what to do about this new crappy job. sigh.
Old 01-26-2018, 10:03 AM   #329
metalskins
The Starter

So, my wife was having a lot of pain, as if she was having a kidney stone. She's had those in the past. Her dad wound up taking her to the ER last night, because one of us had to put our 3 year old to bed last night. She came home around 2:30 this morning - tired but OK. However, a CAT scan they took of her last night revealed a mass in her breast. She's trying to reassure me that this is normal for women in her age, and that her mother has a similar mass that wasn't cancerous, but I have to admit, I'm having a hard time focusing on work thinking about the possibility of my wife, my son's mom, having Cancer.
Old 01-26-2018, 10:11 AM   #330
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalskins View Post
So, my wife was having a lot of pain, as if she was having a kidney stone. She's had those in the past. Her dad wound up taking her to the ER last night, because one of us had to put our 3 year old to bed last night. She came home around 2:30 this morning - tired but OK. However, a CAT scan they took of her last night revealed a mass in her breast. She's trying to reassure me that this is normal for women in her age, and that her mother has a similar mass that wasn't cancerous, but I have to admit, I'm having a hard time focusing on work thinking about the possibility of my wife, my son's mom, having Cancer.
Dude stay strong i too always jump to conclusions. Battle what you know at this point. No need getting worked up about what ifs.

She will be fine!