The Most Fresh & Cordial Political Thread Ever

Debating with the enemy

Old 03-23-2022, 11:23 AM   #301
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: The Most Fresh & Cordial Political Thread Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
Seriously, dog whistle is the perfect way to describe your reaction to just about everything.

You're like a dog who is chasing a rabbit in his back yard, and then a squirrel runs through it, and you chase that, and then a bird flies in and you chase that, you look like an idiot running all over the place.

Someone says Transgender! in a confirmation hearing for a Supreme Court Justice and here you are ready to fight about whether Lia Thomas should be able to compete in NCAA Women's Swimming.

Take your ADHD meds and focus on the issue. You're letting Ted Cruz distract you with squirrels left and right.
Naw I was just laying into the subject and why I think it’s important. That’s all.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-23-2022, 11:24 AM   #302
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Naw I was just laying into the subject and why I think it’s important. That’s all.
..............................BS
Old 03-23-2022, 12:07 PM   #303
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:
We know Chico, squirrels are important. So are birds. Who's a good boy?
Old 03-23-2022, 01:14 PM   #304
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
Seriously, dog whistle is the perfect way to describe your reaction to just about everything.

You're like a dog who is chasing a rabbit in his back yard, and then a squirrel runs through it, and you chase that, and then a bird flies in and you chase that, you look like an idiot running all over the place.

Someone says Transgender! in a confirmation hearing for a Supreme Court Justice and here you are ready to fight about whether Lia Thomas should be able to compete in NCAA Women's Swimming.

Take your ADHD meds and focus on the issue. You're letting Ted Cruz distract you with squirrels left and right.

Perfectly said.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2022, 01:29 PM   #305
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Yup, it’s a fight worth having. When we see the mental health crisis among children and within Generation Z..it’s time to address why?

This is part of it.

We say trust and follow the science…and yet spew non sense. We are better than this.

You have a man ranked 460 in swimming and the following year he is ranked 1 in woman swimming. And you tell me there isn’t a competitive advantage? Enough is enough

Transgender swimmers are responsible for mental health crisis among children?

I thought it was because of a global pandemic but what do I know?

And please stop using “we” when you are regurgitating your nonsense back into the internet. There is no “we” when it comes to your thought process. You would need to go on a q-anon site, or maybe tuckers Twitter page to feel like you are part of something when your mouth farts words.
Old 03-23-2022, 01:30 PM   #306
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Yup, it’s a fight worth having. When we see the mental health crisis among children and within Generation Z..it’s time to address why?

This is part of it.

We say trust and follow the science…and yet spew non sense. We are better than this.

You have a man ranked 460 in swimming and the following year he is ranked 1 in woman swimming. And you tell me there isn’t a competitive advantage? Enough is enough
I feel like you are all over the place here. Mental health piece is important and there is definitely a correlation with gender identity. To say there is causation is a stretch.

In terms of Lia Thomas I haven't heard a single person say there isn't a genetic difference or a competitive advantage. If they are then they are morons. Be upset with the NCAA, they broke their own rules said they were going to defer to the governing body of each of their sports and then did not follow suit in this case.

If we are going to have an effective conversation about the societal needs of transgender individuals it has to go beyond sports.
Old 03-23-2022, 01:37 PM   #307
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
I feel like you are all over the place here. Mental health piece is important and there is definitely a correlation with gender identity. To say there is causation is a stretch.

In terms of Lia Thomas I haven't heard a single person say there isn't a genetic difference or a competitive advantage. If they are then they are morons. Be upset with the NCAA, they broke their own rules said they were going to defer to the governing body of each of their sports and then did not follow suit in this case.

If we are going to have an effective conversation about the societal needs of transgender individuals it has to go beyond sports.

Chico uses tranny like a curse word. Has for years. He is in no way interested in their societal needs. They are simply low hanging fruit for him to vent his hate. He is striking while the iron is hot right now because people are saying they shouldn’t be allowed to compete in sports. He could care less about swimming he is just dusting off his torch right now so he can march thru town chanting Trannys will not replace us.
Old 03-23-2022, 01:51 PM   #308
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post

Very true Baltimore as always “it’s more complicated” but addressing Yesterday answer for the crowd that says, “words matter” along “follow the science” when you have a Supreme Court nominee say she cannot define a woman…but furthers explains “I’m not a biologist” you open yourself up for criticism. The refusal is fine, the explanation of why is not. It’s not sound and obviously absurd.

And Brown response is political as well from a question seeped in politics. I mean Brown whistled right back in her response. So I thought it was notable.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2022, 02:02 PM   #309
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Old 03-23-2022, 02:15 PM   #310
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Very true Baltimore as always “it’s more complicated” but addressing Yesterday answer for the crowd that says, “words matter” along “follow the science” when you have a Supreme Court nominee say she cannot define a woman…but furthers explains “I’m not a biologist” you open yourself up for criticism. The refusal is fine, the explanation of why is not. It’s not sound and obviously absurd.

And Brown response is political as well from a question seeped in politics. I mean Brown whistled right back in her response. So I thought it was notable.
I didnt see or read a transcript of this exchange.

Was the question in reference to a prior case? Any context to it? Or was this more in line with Cruz "are babies racist" question which isnt a real question is just more cultural warfare talk.

Courts and judges dont make hypothetical judicial opinions. Conservative and liberal judges fall back on the old "I dont do hypotheticals" non response.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2022, 02:17 PM   #311
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Hopefully with the significance of the passage of time we can all move past Trump.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2022, 02:18 PM   #312
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Old 03-23-2022, 02:19 PM   #313
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

This was meant to edit my above post. But this squirrel is a boss, so he can stay up twice.
Old 03-23-2022, 02:27 PM   #314
SunnySide
Playmaker

Former President Donald Trump on Wednesday withdrew his endorsement of Rep. Mo Brooks of Alabama in the state's open seat GOP Senate primary.

The former president slammed Brooks as "woke" and criticized the six-term conservative congressman as disloyal for doubting Trump’s repeated unfounded claims that his 2020 presidential election loss was due to massive voter fraud.

Even with Trump’s endorsement, Brooks struggled with fundraising. And Brooks, the former front-runner in the primary race, now trails by double digits in the polls to his top two rival GOP Senate candidates.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tru...blican-primary

Trump today drops his endorsement for comments Brooks made in August 2021 ... and of course has nothing to do with Brooks being behind in polls with Trumps endorsement.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2022, 02:32 PM   #315
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
Former President Donald Trump on Wednesday withdrew his endorsement of Rep. Mo Brooks of Alabama in the state's open seat GOP Senate primary.

The former president slammed Brooks as "woke" and criticized the six-term conservative congressman as disloyal for doubting Trump’s repeated unfounded claims that his 2020 presidential election loss was due to massive voter fraud.

Even with Trump’s endorsement, Brooks struggled with fundraising. And Brooks, the former front-runner in the primary race, now trails by double digits in the polls to his top two rival GOP Senate candidates.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tru...blican-primary

Trump today drops his endorsement for comments Brooks made in August 2021 ... and of course has nothing to do with Brooks being behind in polls with Trumps endorsement.

The other two candidates right now