Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy

trump Inpeachment...............

Debating with the enemy

Old 01-29-2020, 08:10 PM   #1
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: trump Inpeachment...............

https://www.wsj.com/articles/house-i...on-11573147474

Bolton went to the courts...the Democrats in the house decided not to subpoena him? Oh that’s right they were in a hurry...but then held the articles in house for as long as they did?

Bad move by dems...

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 11:39 PM   #2
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Re: trump Impeachment...............

So Bolton got a form letter review that might hold up his book on the 23rd and on the 26th information leaks thst increases demamd for the book. Hmmm. But hey his word is strong enough to contradict the president, Ukraine's president, the vice president and Ukraine's security apparatus.

This whole thing is such a anti trumper wet dream farce.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 11:54 AM   #3
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

My prediction is the final vote will be 47 for removal, 53 against with 2 of each party voting opposite. I think Romney and Collins vote for removal while Munchin and Brown from Alabama vote for acquittal

Old 01-31-2020, 04:03 PM   #4
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Rumor is trump's defense team fired Dershowitz. LOL...........................he's been awol since his screwed up speech.
Old 01-31-2020, 04:06 PM   #5
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Rumor is trump's defense team fired Dershowitz. LOL...........................he's been awol since his screwed up speech.
He replied to questions yesterday.
Old 01-31-2020, 06:11 PM   #6
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

I will make a guarantee now. If the Republicans don't close this circus down before this weekend, there will be a "BOMBSHELL" leak every 24 hour cycle just like the Kavanaugh trial and all of it will be the Democrats favorite method unnamed and unverifiable sources.

Old 02-02-2020, 12:31 PM   #7
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Another article, by Turley, describing the real reason the Trump is still in office.

https://thehill.com/opinion/judiciar...th-impeachment

Quote:
This is not Monday morning quarterbacking. This very series of events was expressly laid out before the vote, and House Democrats made a decision to choose certain failure over completing their impeachment case. There was no reason to expect Senate Republicans to assist House managers in making their case, particularly in calling witnesses not subpoenaed by the House. Democrats had opposed any witnesses in the impeachment trial of President Clinton and voted as a bloc for a summary acquittal. There was no reason to expect Republicans to adopt an entirely different approach.
We will never know how this impeachment trial would have unfolded if the House had waited to secure additional testimony and court orders. One thing, however, is certain. The case against the president could only have become stronger. The vote for witnesses failed by one for a tie and by two for a majority. A more complete record could well have tipped the balance and certainly would have made the vote against witnesses more difficult for some senators. Instead, the House submitted an incomplete record and failed to subpoena important witnesses like Bolton, making it quite easy for the Senate to refuse to do what the House had never even tried.
If the Democrats in the House had pushed through and offered even a semi fair process, and they got a judge to order the release of documents or witness testimony to the House like in the Nixon case, I think it isn't a stretch to say they could have gotten Trump to step down vis a vis the Nixon precedent. But by rushing a slip shod case through and turning that task over to your opponent's control, the House ceded control and the result was predictable from the outset.

Old 02-02-2020, 12:53 PM   #8
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Another article, by Turley, describing the real reason the Trump is still in office.

https://thehill.com/opinion/judiciar...th-impeachment

If the Democrats in the House had pushed through and offered even a semi fair process, and they got a judge to order the release of documents or witness testimony to the House like in the Nixon case, I think it isn't a stretch to say they could have gotten Trump to step down vis a vis the Nixon precedent. But by rushing a slip shod case through and turning that task over to your opponent's control, the House ceded control and the result was predictable from the outset.

Yup Monday morning QB alright. To sit there and say the Dems screwed up is pure spin . The senate was never going to find trump guilty Moscow Mitch said as much. To blame Dems is a cover up for the republicans.
Old 02-02-2020, 01:51 PM   #9
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Yup Monday morning QB alright. To sit there and say the Dems screwed up is pure spin . The senate was never going to find trump guilty Moscow Mitch said as much. To blame Dems is a cover up for the republicans.
Turley said this at the time (I included it in the quote). It isn't Monday Morning qb'ing if you are told beforehand. If the Dems knew or assumed that the Senate would acquit, they should have gone to every possible avenue to make it politically impossible but they didn't.

I really don't understand why the House rushed it like they did. With their majority, they could have forced the testimony they say now that so badly wanted and had most of it well before the 2020 election. They spoon fed the Senate an easy way out.

Old 02-02-2020, 06:27 PM   #10
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Turley said this at the time (I included it in the quote). It isn't Monday Morning qb'ing if you are told beforehand. If the Dems knew or assumed that the Senate would acquit, they should have gone to every possible avenue to make it politically impossible but they didn't.

I really don't understand why the House rushed it like they did. With their majority, they could have forced the testimony they say now that so badly wanted and had most of it well before the 2020 election. They spoon fed the Senate an easy way out.

LOL, ..."rushed it" after the republicans bitched about Pelosi not sending them right away and holding on to them, yes spin.
Old 02-02-2020, 07:14 PM   #11
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
LOL, ..."rushed it" after the republicans bitched about Pelosi not sending them right away and holding on to them, yes spin.
It isn't spin, the House pushed the impeachment thru in 48 days then held the Articles of Impeachment 33 days. That should be something that we all can agree since it is purely by the calendar.

Old 02-03-2020, 12:14 PM   #12
SunnySide
Playmaker

Dems should have issued subpoenas to witnesses. Then taken it to Court. In an ideal world, the House indicts and the Senate tries it. But in this political world, Pelosi knew or should have known that the Senate would block any attempt at actually putting on a trial or doing their legislative duty.

Now the Legislative branch completely works for the Executive branch. Now every sitting president will be "impeached" if the other political party controls the House.

They should have issued subpoenas and forced the Court's to rule on testimony.

Our political system is broken and there is no going back imo. Our democracy and republic isnt dying, its dead.

C'est la vie.

this is Idiocracy in real time.
Old 02-03-2020, 01:00 PM   #13
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
Dems should have issued subpoenas to witnesses. Then taken it to Court. In an ideal world, the House indicts and the Senate tries it. But in this political world, Pelosi knew or should have known that the Senate would block any attempt at actually putting on a trial or doing their legislative duty.

Now the Legislative branch completely works for the Executive branch. Now every sitting president will be "impeached" if the other political party controls the House.

They should have issued subpoenas and forced the Court's to rule on testimony.

Our political system is broken and there is no going back imo. Our democracy and republic isnt dying, its dead.

C'est la vie.

this is Idiocracy in real time.
This is the truth honestly.

Trump is an idiotic president, and everyone knows I support him, but the whole body politic has left the realm of what the framers intended.

Washington warned of foreign entanglements and political division. He was right too.

They had the Senate not democratically elected but sent feom the states. Thus giving our country's government structure four separate and independent paths to judge the will of the people. We have already removed the Senate check, and likely soon, in this divisive time, we will see the electoral college check be removed as well. And then we will be a "pure" democracy, followed shortly after that our childrens children won't even understand what was special about the United States of America.

Old 02-03-2020, 02:57 PM   #14
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
we will see the electoral college check be removed as well. And then we will be a "pure" democracy, followed shortly after that our childrens children won't even understand what was special about the United States of America.

2 senators represent 760k people (North Dakota)
2 senators represent 882k people (South Dakota)
2 senators represent 39M (California)
2 senators represent 28M (Texas)
2 senators represent 19M (NY)

^^ that is so unbalanced and I dont want to hear about how the House number of reps per State takes into account citizens etc.

But it is what it is.

Electoral College - That would take a constitutional amendment and I dont see that happenning in our life time. While it would mean an automatic D president, I wouldnt want that.

As a D, I dont think Id want to see what an AOC left president, house and senate would do. We are seeing what the worst of the R can and will do now. Thankfully the D took the house to pump the brakes a bit.

---------------------

Subpoenas - the whole point in issuing them is so you can enforce them. Im typing one up now as we speak. if you dont enforce a subpoena, its not a subpoena .... its a request with a "pretty please" at the end.

Pelosi should have absolutely sought to enforce the subpoenas vs this shit show of now wanting to re-open things etc.

It is what it is.
Old 02-03-2020, 04:54 PM   #15
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
2 senators represent 760k people (North Dakota)

2 senators represent 882k people (South Dakota)

2 senators represent 39M (California)

2 senators represent 28M (Texas)

2 senators represent 19M (NY)

^^ that is so unbalanced and I dont want to hear about how the House number of reps per State takes into account citizens etc.

But it is what it is.

Electoral College - That would take a constitutional amendment and I dont see that happenning in our life time. While it would mean an automatic D president, I wouldnt want that.

As a D, I dont think Id want to see what an AOC left president, house and senate would do. We are seeing what the worst of the R can and will do now. Thankfully the D took the house to pump the brakes a bit.

---------------------

Subpoenas - the whole point in issuing them is so you can enforce them. Im typing one up now as we speak. if you dont enforce a subpoena, its not a subpoena .... its a request with a "pretty please" at the end.

Pelosi should have absolutely sought to enforce the subpoenas vs this shit show of now wanting to re-open things etc.

It is what it is.
Not trying to pick, but you know the Senate specifically was designed to balance the interests of big population states with the interests of small population states. It was designed from the beginning to be a check against pure democracy.