The hypocrisy of the ________

Debating with the enemy

Old 09-03-2020, 12:49 PM   #1
SunnySide
Playmaker

Re: The hypocrisy of the ________

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
I'm going to register as a libertarian next year so then I won't have to argue about Democrats and Republicans anymore. Both sides are full of shit, keep adding to the debt, and don't really represent me or my ideals.

Not going to vote for anyone for any office anymore after 2020 if they're not for a balanced budget and term limits. Which means basically I won't be voting for anyone or will be writing in candidates.
Yeah, i and many others are right there with you. Neither party represents what most of us want. The divide is only getting bigger. I was libertarian for years before switching back to dem. I switched bc I became disappointed in how unorganized and desperate the Libertarian party in Maryland was. They would endorse anyone, not caring about their actual views, just to have a libertarian on any local ballot like circuit court judges. I emailed the libertarian head for MD and he basically said they need exposure more than worrying about the actual views of libertarian candidates.

In maryland and california, you can afford to vote 3rd party, ill vote libertarian this year. If i was in anything close to a swing state, id vote Biden.

Wish Kasich had won. The day dems adopt an open border policy is the day I grab a pitch fork. Sadly, that day will come.
Old 09-03-2020, 01:00 PM   #2
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
Yeah, i and many others are right there with you. Neither party represents what most of us want. The divide is only getting bigger. I was libertarian for years before switching back to dem. I switched bc I became disappointed in how unorganized and desperate the Libertarian party in Maryland was. They would endorse anyone, not caring about their actual views, just to have a libertarian on any local ballot like circuit court judges. I emailed the libertarian head for MD and he basically said they need exposure more than worrying about the actual views of libertarian candidates.

In maryland and california, you can afford to vote 3rd party, ill vote libertarian this year. If i was in anything close to a swing state, id vote Biden.

Wish Kasich had won. The day dems adopt an open border policy is the day I grab a pitch fork. Sadly, that day will come.
That's a really shitty answer and the opposite of what is needed.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 01:10 PM   #3
SunnySide
Playmaker

Good afternoon Mr. XXXXXXXX,

My name is XXXXXXX and I am a registered Libertarian in Maryland. I recently read an article that stated that the Libertarian Party nominated XXX XXXXXXXX for Circuit Court Judge for Prince George’s County.

Please, could you briefly explain to me why the Libertarian Party felt she was a qualified candidate that would represent the Libertarian platform? My research of her shows that she has only had a handful of cases and most of them are her representing herself or family members.

Thank you for your time and attention.

With Regards,

/s/ XXXXXXXXXXXX, Esq.

-------------------------------

Mr. XXXXXXXXXXXXXX,

The nomination was conducted several months ago, and we nominated several candidates at the meeting, so I don't recall the specifics of her nomination.

I do find it interesting how many people have contacted me about the state party nominating candidates for judge, whereas I have never been contacted before about nominating candidates for federal, state, and county offices.

XXX XXXXXXXXXXX

----------------

This was from 2017. I was wrong, he didnt say exposure > actual views. Thats my fault, Im glad I went back and pulled up the email.

I misspoke in my earlier post and I think transferred my own opinion into his "i dont recall" reasoning.
Old 09-03-2020, 01:17 PM   #4
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

I’m just blown away pelosi place is not open. It’s absolutely ridiculous, the only reason must be because dems are trying to destroy the economy because of Trump.

That salon should be at half capacity, it’s absolutely fucking insane it’s not.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 02:25 PM   #5
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
I’m just blown away pelosi place is not open. It’s absolutely ridiculous, the only reason must be because dems are trying to destroy the economy because of Trump.

That salon should be at half capacity, it’s absolutely fucking insane it’s not.
I dont know man, its a tough call. Florida and California are still averaging 150 deaths a day. Maryland had 11 in the last 24 hours.

There is no 100% right answer imo.

I think, at least in re to the salon in pelosi's story and the one in texas, they were still doing peoples hair on a one at a time basis anyway when they were supposed to be closed.

telling them they can have half capacity means they would probably just do full capacity. I imagine the only real limiting factor is they cant find enough customers willing to come.

were all fatigued of covid. im still not eating in restaurants but im ordering take out a good bit now.
Old 10-09-2020, 03:03 PM   #6
SunnySide
Playmaker

President Trump on Friday said that he would like a larger coronavirus stimulus package than either Republicans or Democrats are asking for just days after tweeting that he was going to shut down negotiations over any such proposal — comments that at the time sent stocks tumbling sharply.

Trump's comments Friday came during a wide-ranging, two-hour-long interview on "The Rush Limbaugh Show."

"I would like to see a bigger stimulus package," Trump said, "than either the Democrats or Republicans are offering."

The comment is an about-face from what the president tweeted earlier this week that he was telling his representatives to stop negotiating a stimulus package for before the election. Trump later softened his stance, and his comments on Limbaugh's show –** if serious and not just an off-hand comment –** would represent a sharp reversal.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics...ats-asking-for

I imagine he will suddenly reverse at the last minute and want to do the virtual townhall with Biden .... he’s doing a virtual rally this weekend

I love how even Fox News head is spinning and not sure what to believe from him anymore
Old 10-09-2020, 03:05 PM   #7
MTK
\m/

He's been off the rails since getting the Rona. Maybe this is why..

I Was Prescribed Trump’s Steroid. It Made Me Feel Invincible