Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot

Crazy / Supernatural experience - very chilling

Parking Lot

Old 10-18-2013, 11:17 AM   #16
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

Re: Crazy / Supernatural experience - very chilling

Dreams can be a crazy thing. Last summer I had dreamed about events that happened about 2-3 weeks before they actually happened. I mean right down to the random people I saw crossing the street that night and the setup of the neighborhood. Mind you, the events happened out of state in an area I had never been before.

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-18-2013, 11:21 AM   #17
FRPLG
MVP

I agree with Rave. I know I have had moments in dreams that I then experienced later on. Not full on dreams but little parts that then came to be. I've had this happen dozens of times in my life. It's always a deja vu type feeling. Sounds crazy but who knows.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 11:24 AM   #18
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Married man advice here.

Don't play with fire. Although you cannot control your dreams and it IS absolutely freaky that someone in your dreams has appeared in real life, I would stay away from this woman. What is happening with her in your dreams will probably stick with you when you're awake and when you see her. This could give you thoughts and feelings for a complete stranger that you should not be having as a married man. This woman isn't in control of what happens in your mind while you're sleeping and is innocent in this strange situation. Don't pull her into your relationship with your wife. None of you deserve it over a dream.

Keep your distance. I can't emphasize that enough. It's not your fault that she's in your dreams but it will be your fault if you act and flush you marriage down the toilet.

Marriage is a long-long commitment not to be taken lightly and I know that you already understand that. There will be tests along the way and this, although your wife won't know about it, is one of them.

Telling your wife would seem like the right thing to do but then again, it will probably plant a seed of questioning your loyalty or trust. If it was just a dream, a wife would be ridiculous to hold that against you, but you're noticing this woman in real life too. Don't make your wife doubt you or not trust you. Just accept the challenge and stay loyal to her. YOU will know that you've passed the test and that's all that matters. Until you actually do something stupid like have lunch with this girl and tell her you're dreaming of her, you've done nothing wrong that you need to tell your wife.

Stay safe.
Old 10-18-2013, 11:25 AM   #19
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
Snake, I am not picking on you when I say this thread is both cool and nutty.

BTW a number of dream researchers talk about the hidden wisdom of dreams. The molecular structure of the benzene ring was discovered in a dream. Arnold Palmer went through a golfing slump until he saw what he was doing wrong in a dream. And there are more examples besides these. Check out books on dreaming by LaBarge or Bulkeley if you want to know more.

I'd be careful with how much research you do, Snake. I wouldn't want you to place too much value or meaning on these dreams and be tempted to pursue anything you shouldn't as a married man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
snake u should ask ur wife about a 3 way bro
The answer we all want to hear!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake84 View Post
I am still figuring out a way to approach her. I know her name now, what department she works in. It is crazy because i can't really go introduce myself as just a random person. I can't be like "oh yeah i saw you the other day come in the conference room, how you doin?" or something like that...
Avoid the line "So how was it?"

Be careful, man. I still say leave her alone. Ask yourself, would you want your wife meeting up with a man she saw in her dreams without telling you?
Old 10-18-2013, 11:45 AM   #20
los panda
Pro Bowl

i'm confident that you had seen her before you dreamt of her
Old 10-18-2013, 11:48 AM   #21
Schneed10
A Dude

OK, here comes Mr. Wet Blanket.

You have seen this person before. Whether in a photo or just caught a glance in the hall, whatever. My guess, one day you passed her in the hallway, glanced at her so briefly you never even noticed her much, and went on with your day.

There is no such thing as god, ghosts, ESP, any of that shit. Nobody put the image of this girl in your head because of "destiny".
Old 10-18-2013, 11:52 AM   #22
Monkeydad
Living Legend

I'm willing to bet these last 2 guys are right.

Maybe there's something about her that appeals to you (hair color/face/body type preferences) that stuck in your memory subconsciously...but you're married, so forget about her.

There's always a change you might see someone you think is attactive, but you married your wife for reasons beyond the physical. You two share (hopefully) something a lot deeper and permanent than you can find with anyone else. That's why you got married.

What is happening...this is a football site and it's not even the offseason!
Old 10-18-2013, 12:15 PM   #23
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

I have read before that every face in a dream is one that your brain has previously processed. A random encounter on the street, the car next to you in traffic etc. here is a link that talks a bit about turning reality into dreams although it doesn't directly address your situation.

How the brain turns reality into dreams - Technology & science - Science - Mysteries of the Universe | NBC News
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 12:30 PM   #24
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by los panda View Post
i'm confident that you had seen her before you dreamt of her
This is true. I've read that science says that when it comes to faces, you don't dream of faces that you've never seen. There's a high probability that at some point you've crossed paths at some point in life.

Old 10-18-2013, 12:54 PM   #25
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeydad View Post
Married man advice here.

Don't play with fire. Although you cannot control your dreams and it IS absolutely freaky that someone in your dreams has appeared in real life, I would stay away from this woman. What is happening with her in your dreams will probably stick with you when you're awake and when you see her. This could give you thoughts and feelings for a complete stranger that you should not be having as a married man. This woman isn't in control of what happens in your mind while you're sleeping and is innocent in this strange situation. Don't pull her into your relationship with your wife. None of you deserve it over a dream.

Keep your distance. I can't emphasize that enough. It's not your fault that she's in your dreams but it will be your fault if you act and flush you marriage down the toilet.

Marriage is a long-long commitment not to be taken lightly and I know that you already understand that. There will be tests along the way and this, although your wife won't know about it, is one of them.

Telling your wife would seem like the right thing to do but then again, it will probably plant a seed of questioning your loyalty or trust. If it was just a dream, a wife would be ridiculous to hold that against you, but you're noticing this woman in real life too. Don't make your wife doubt you or not trust you. Just accept the challenge and stay loyal to her. YOU will know that you've passed the test and that's all that matters. Until you actually do something stupid like have lunch with this girl and tell her you're dreaming of her, you've done nothing wrong that you need to tell your wife.

Stay safe.

I learned that the hard way though
Old 10-18-2013, 01:01 PM   #26
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
I learned that the hard way though
Honety can be a good policy though. My wife told me she dreamed of us having a threesome with Jennifer Aniston. Now I can tolerate watching reruns of "Friends" with my wife.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 01:22 PM   #27
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

lol
Old 10-18-2013, 06:00 PM   #28
htownskinfan
JUST LIVIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeydad View Post
Married man advice here.

Stay safe.
I agree with monkeydad,well except for the tell your wife part,i think I'd just keep my mouth shut.
Whats up with saying"The worst part is i'm happily married"?
Why would you be upset that your happily married? If your happily married your just playing with fire approaching this girl
Old 10-18-2013, 06:07 PM   #29
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

I don't think there's any harm in talking to her. Isn't it kinda hasty to spill your guts to your wife just because you 1) talked to another woman and 2) found her attractive? No one is saying, "Hurry, bang this chick's brains out" (or at least I'm not) hell, she might not even be single.

There's no harm in following intrigue and being friendly towards someone. Just keep it in your pants.

Old 10-18-2013, 06:30 PM   #30
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake84 View Post
I want to share a crazy / supernatural experience that happened to me this morning. I want to first say that I am a spiritual person but i do not generally follow the "absolute destiny" way of thinking and sometimes i have trouble believing that key life events are pre-destined, etc...

So to make a long story short, for the last month I have had dreams of this girl. Nothing crazy happens in the dream, it isn't sexual or anything. We are always somewhere in a public place like a mall, school, etc.. The last couple of days she has been talking to me in the dream, asking me why i don't believe in myself, what happened to me to make me not trust people, etc.... It's nuts because i have these thoughts in real life, but I am well adjusted and get along great with everyone, i'm not like depressed or anything. I do struggle with anxiety from time to time, probably like many of us.

The dream this morning she told me it was okay to hold her hand...and in this dream i was younger, maybe 20 or 25.....

Cut to the freaky part and today i had a meeting at my job. During the meeting someone knocked on the door, as they thought the room was available. I shit you not it was the girl from the dream. I spent all day trying to figure out who she was. She evidently works in another division of the company (we are a large corporation). I felt kind of sick on my stomach, as i spent all day trying to figure out if I had ever saw her somewhere before at work, you know how you can dream about the weirdest thing. But i never have, I have never met her before. It was like the worst feeling of deja vu. Our eyes locked for a second this morning, and for a minute it looked like she was trying to figure out who i was.

The worst part is i'm happily married. What could all of this mean. Is this just a terrible coincidence? Could i have seen her before and just not paid attention, having no idea i would dream about her later on. (I have worked at this company over two years)

Very surreal day....
Yeah happy marriages are just brutal man. In all seriousness, just a few months ago you said you were considering going to see a doctor to deal with crippling depression. And now you say someone in a dream is asking you all these questions about why you're depressed. I don't know, feel like there's more going on