The Sky is NOT Falling!

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-27-2011, 10:23 AM   #16
SouperMeister
Playmaker

Re: The Sky is NOT Falling!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertoskins2 View Post
yup, we can come back from it, learn from it, there is now other way but up for this team.
don't blame it on Rex. our oline also have a lot of lapses
Agree that there is much improvement to be made on the OL, but Trent Williams fought his guts out against Ware. As poorly as he played against the Giants, he was very competitive against the best pass rusher in the league last night.

Last edited by SouperMeister; 09-27-2011 at 12:12 PM.
SouperMeister is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-27-2011, 10:42 AM   #17
dgack
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post
My superbowl this year is the Redskins Vs the Cowboys and we blew it.
It's a shame we don't get another chance at them!
"To bring a Sherm Lewis in to a Jim Zorn and whoever his offensive coordinator is, it's like bringing in another man to help teach you how to make better love to your wife or something." -- Tre Johnson
dgack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 10:44 AM   #18
44ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgack View Post
It's a shame we don't get another chance at them!
We do.
44ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 10:57 AM   #19
dgack
The Starter

Personally I wasn't too upset at the end of last night's game.

Unlike big games for the past few years, I wasn't sitting there thinking to myself "we are going to lose, unless we get completely lucky here". I was thinking "we're going to win this, unless Rex does something stupid, or we catch a bad break."

And we caught about 5 bad breaks (failing to recover fumbles, terrible 3rd-21 D, phantom face mask, etc) and Rex did something stupid (holding the ball too long at the end trying to be a hero).

With all that said, which team looked like the more organized, solidly coached, team? We did.

Williams handled Ware most of the game, we actually moved the ball pretty well and got into the end zone, and our defense didn't give up a TD. Take away two big plays late in the 4th that were clearly the result of a very tired defense (and Rak being sidelined with cramps didn't help), and you're looking at a pretty dominant lock down defensive performance.

As for Dallas, I've never seen a professional football team, much less a supposed championship-caliber one with an All Pro QB, fumble the ball that many times, look so disorganized, and have so many "NFL Follies" worthy moments that seriously lasted *the entire game* before.

The only real shame of us losing is the fact that the media now gets to cast this game as a "gutsy" performance by Romo and the narrative is that he's salvaged two games in a row, etc. But the bottom line is, we and Dallas are two teams going in opposite directions.

If Dallas fans want to celebrate a 2-point win over us, by all means. They should savor it though. That team is in bad shape. As for us, we missed an opportunity to get another win, but this season was never about winning the Super Bowl.

I'm not worried about standings right now. I'm worried about execution and developing our younger talent, and you have to feel pretty good about both of those things.
"To bring a Sherm Lewis in to a Jim Zorn and whoever his offensive coordinator is, it's like bringing in another man to help teach you how to make better love to your wife or something." -- Tre Johnson
Old 09-27-2011, 10:58 AM   #20
dgack
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44ever View Post
We do.
It's almost as if I was pointing out the irony in jamf's original post ("This was our Super Bowl and we blew it")
Old 09-27-2011, 11:03 AM   #21
SBXVII
Franchise Player

I think everyone knows the sky is not falling but right after the game last night you would not have gotten that impression. Whatever player fans love to hate were on the hot seat last night after the game. As an example Grossman was a god after 2 games, no one could touch him, he was leading us to a SB. After the game all you read was how Grossman is not the future of this team and he should be fired. How the team should have drafted a QB. How Beck who really has done nothing in this league should be starting over a QB who has taken a team in the past to a SB.

Then there were the Hall hatters coming out of the woodwork talking about how it's all his fault for not covering the WR better, or how he provided the 15 yrd penalty. Even though one could look at film and say while Hall was trying to grab the WR around his shoulders the WR bent over more to prepare for the tackle causing the face mask to hand contact. But in any event Hall got a flag.

Haslett has put together a decent defense. I'm supprised. I would not have picked Haslett but he's here and honestly doing a better job then I thought he would. But after last nights game it was fire Haslett for putting together 3 all out blitzes in a row.

People over looked our LT and RT making holding penalties, or wiffing on DE's who ran past them, or failed to block well enough for Grossman. There's not call for them to be fired or be replaced. The media already broke down the 3-21 blitz and both Landry and Fletcher blitzed at the same time which was poor communication. It should have only been 1 blitzing or so they thought. The other was supposed to drop back and didn't. No calls for their heads or jobs.

This is probably why the OP started this thread. I'm not happy about the loss but I'll accept it because honestly I had this as a loss prior to the season starting. Now if they lose to Dallas in Washington I'll be pissed. Because I'm expecting a win there along with the crowd to make it extremely difficult for the Cowboys to hear the plays and do their jobs. Honestly though .... how many of you had the team at 3-0? or 4-0 at the bye? Most of you have the team 8-8 or 7-9 for the season. I think any of us would be happy had someone told us the team would be 2-1 heading to the Rams. Hopefully we can be 3-1 going into the bye. Then come out swinging.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 11:06 AM   #22
44ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgack View Post
It's almost as if I was pointing out the irony in jamf's original post ("This was our Super Bowl and we blew it")
I know. I feel the same way. Winning monday night in their house would have been a SB jr. But, we have chance to beat them late in the season and if we are in playoff contention by then, it can be a sweeter win than this one would have been.

Had we beat them last night we would have been hearing nothing but excuses about how beat up they were blah blah blah....
Old 09-27-2011, 11:09 AM   #23
SBXVII
Franchise Player

dgack,

I was not as mad after this game either. What made me mad was Dallas looked so bad and we couldn't capitalize off it. People want to throw Grossman under the bus but Romo was not any better and if you ask me is looked worse. What did he have 5 fumbles and 2 interceptions? Grossman had similar if not slightly better ball security. The only thing that helps Romo stats right now is his 3-21 pass otherwise for the night he looked horrid stat wise.
Old 09-27-2011, 11:10 AM   #24
Alvin Walton
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Hard to believe with all those botched snaps that one of them didn't bounce our way.
This still haunts me.
It was a WTF night all night.
In the iffy three hours I did sleep last night I dreamed of bouncing footballs.
Old 09-27-2011, 11:13 AM   #25
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44ever View Post
I know. I feel the same way. Winning monday night in their house would have been a SB jr. But, we have chance to beat them late in the season and if we are in playoff contention by then, it can be a sweeter win than this one would have been.

Had we beat them last night we would have been hearing nothing but excuses about how beat up they were blah blah blah....
Yes we would have definitly have heard the same comments about how the Skins barely beat an injured riddled Dallas team. Just like we heard after the Giants game..... but it's funny how the Eagles (dream team) could not beat the same injured riddled Giants team.
Old 09-27-2011, 11:15 AM   #26
44ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
Yes we would have definitly have heard the same comments about how the Skins barely beat an injured riddled Dallas team. Just like we heard after the Giants game..... but it's funny how the Eagles (dream team) could not beat the same injured riddled Giants team.
I got to admit, I was really fearing the Eagles this season but not so much anymore. Not saying they can't explode but they can be exploited for sure.
Old 09-27-2011, 11:15 AM   #27
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin Walton View Post
This still haunts me.
It was a WTF night all night.
In the iffy three hours I did sleep last night I dreamed of bouncing footballs.

LOL, maybe the coaching staff can show one of those old cartoons that had the bouncing ball that followed the words to the story.... but use a football instead. lol. Force the players to follow the bouncing ball. lol.
Old 09-27-2011, 11:15 AM   #28
dgack
The Starter

We've got two months before we play Dallas again, and like I said, these two franchises are headed in different directions in my opinion.

If we manage to avoid significant injuries I would fully expect us to be better on the offensive side of the ball by late November, and just as dominant on D. We should win that game.
Old 09-27-2011, 11:28 AM   #29
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

I beg to differ, I woke up with a cloud of depression hovering over me.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 11:42 AM   #30
wilsowilso

If Kyle Shanahan gets his head out of his ass and makes significant adjustments to the Garbage Red Zone play calling we could be a really solid team.

One other thing. We have absolutely NO DEEP THREAT PASSING GAME. NONE.
Even with Armstrong being hurt our ability to get behind the last level of the secondary has been a SHIT SHOW this year.

Otherwise with a win next week I will be very happy with where the team is at through 1/4 of the season! Must beat the Rams.

Also Ryan Kerrigan is a BEAST.

Last edited by wilsowilso; 09-27-2011 at 11:44 AM.
wilsowilso is offline   Reply With Quote