Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Jim Harbaugh and Toby Gerhart (winning combo)

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 11-29-2009, 12:51 AM   #16
12thMan
MVP

Re: Jim Harbaugh and Toby Gerhart (winning combo)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
I want no part of Gerhart in the 1st round. OL is a far higher priority than any other position. How does he project as a pro? It's a weak RB draft class, so he'll get taken pretty high considering. I just wonder how he'll be in the NFL. He's upright and very tall for a RB, (6-1) and pretty heavy (235). I think he's this year's Lendale White.
Man, it would be pretty hard to pass up on Gerhart. I could see him falling in the early second though. Unless you're an Adrian Peterson, which he isn't, it makes no sense to take a running back in the first round nowadays. Still, I think Gerhart has some things Lendale doesn't. He's a bruiser, has better vision than Lendale, and he strikes me as someone with a serious work eithic.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-29-2009, 12:52 AM   #17
WaldSkins
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
I want no part of Gerhart in the 1st round. OL is a far higher priority than any other position. How does he project as a pro? It's a weak RB draft class, so he'll get taken pretty high considering. I just wonder how he'll be in the NFL. He's upright and very tall for a RB, (6-1) and pretty heavy (235). I think he's this year's Lendale White.
I think he projected as a FB.

I would rate Gerhart after Best, Spiller, Dwyer, McKnight, Dixon, Royster, and maybe Armando Allen Jr. Where do you have him?
Old 11-29-2009, 01:04 AM   #18
12thMan
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldSkins View Post
I think he projected as a FB.

I would rate Gerhart after Best, Spiller, Dwyer, McKnight, Dixon, Royster, and maybe Armando Allen Jr. Where do you have him?
You serious? You have all those guys ahead of TG?
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 01:27 AM   #19
Kalisto2010
Special Teams

Gerhart reminds me of Kevin Mack. However, Golden Tate deserves the Heisman IMO, he's the best player in College Football. He'll be a top 5 draft pick. It's going to go something like this. Top O-lineman, Clausen, Golden Tate..
Kalisto2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 01:41 AM   #20
Kalisto2010
Special Teams

Either I fail miserably as an armchair Football analyst or this 2010 draft projection was written by someone on acid. They have both Gerhart and Golden Tate going in the 5th round..WTF?

Scout.com: 2010 NFL Draft - The Possible 5th Rounders
Kalisto2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 01:48 AM   #21
53Fan
Franchise Player

They've got some pretty good players listed for the 5th round. I'd be really surprised to see some of those guys there. If Gerhart is there in the 5th it's a no-brainer.
Old 11-29-2009, 02:26 AM   #22
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Playing devils advocate....What makes Harbaugh such a great candidate for the NFL ranks? Is he running a pro style of offense now? What coaching tree does he hail from?

I just can't see DS throwing his trust in a college coach that has not proven himself in the NFL again. I think Spurrier burned that bridge for him.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 02:33 AM   #23
Bucket
Playmaker

I tell you what. This guy s a bruiser who will take the rock 30 times a game, and that is what we are missing.

If TG drops to 3rd round, I say you take him then but we need OL bad and taking anything but OL in the 1st-2nd round is a mistake.
Bucket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 02:54 AM   #24
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
Playing devils advocate....What makes Harbaugh such a great candidate for the NFL ranks? Is he running a pro style of offense now? What coaching tree does he hail from?

I just can't see DS throwing his trust in a college coach that has not proven himself in the NFL again. I think Spurrier burned that bridge for him.

I wouldn't say Spurrier burned the bridge, instead he just doused it with gasoline. Saban and Petrino lit the match.

I'm starting to believe that you're either one or the other no matter what the sport. For example we've seen NFL guys go to college coaching jobs and fail miserably as well as college coaches trying to make it in the professional ranks. Basketball also seems to follow a very similar trend. In the end the two games are very different despite being the same.

Also, for the past month or two I was warming up to the idea of selecting Clausen but my concerns about him being a character risk seem to be valid. Not only was he arrested his freshmen year for trying to buy alcohol underage, but now it's revealed that he got a black eye in a bar fight after seemingly pushing a heckler. Not saying that the fan didn't deserve it if not more, but this isn't hockey. In the NFL a stunt like that could easily result in a four game suspension.

At the very least he's guilty of being in the wrong place at the wrong time, and on that note he doesn't seem to be mature enough to be anointed as the savior of an NFL franchise, nevermind the Redskins which is surprising given the fact that his two brothers at least have some experience at the NFL level. Plus even though he's talented I wouldn't say I've seen anything to suggest that he's going to be Peyton Manning.

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 07:58 AM   #25
skins89moss
Playmaker

Toby Gerhart is a physcal runner but not sure about his 40 time. He appears to have good hands and quick feet for a big back kinda like Stephen Davis. Combine will have alot to do where he goes in the draft but we can not afford to take a RB in the 1st or 2nd round. We have bigger needs at the O-Line postion and Linebacker spot to replace London or Orakpo to move him to DE spot. Orkpo is a libility in pass coverage.
Old 11-29-2009, 10:55 AM   #26
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Jim Harbaugh has been building his resume up for several years now. He's not a flash in the pan, for those who might think he is. Still, all I've heard is he'd like to maybe try the NFL one day but first he's most likely to go to a big time college program. But you never know I guess what will happen
Old 11-29-2009, 11:28 AM   #27
RedskinMike
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Jim Harbaugh has been building his resume up for several years now. He's not a flash in the pan, for those who might think he is. Still, all I've heard is he'd like to maybe try the NFL one day but first he's most likely to go to a big time college program. But you never know I guess what will happen
He did interview for the Jets job last year.
RedskinMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 11:54 AM   #28
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinMike View Post
He did interview for the Jets job last year.
Yeah I mean he says he's re-signing with Stanford but as far as I know it hasn't happened yet. But as for the NFL, if say Holmgren takes over in Seattle I can see him canning Mora Jr. and going after Harbaugh
Old 11-29-2009, 12:34 PM   #29
WaldSkins
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
You serious? You have all those guys ahead of TG?
It was a poor thought joke. The only ones i would put above Gerhart are Best, Spiller, McKnight, and maybe McCluster from ole miss.
Old 11-29-2009, 02:51 PM   #30
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post

Let's see, he played as QB in the NFL for many years (captain comeback) his father was a coach at Western Kentucky (I think he learned something from his old man) broher is a pretty good coach with the Ravens. Oh yeah, he has beaten 2 top 10 ranked teams one at their home. Trust me I've watched this guy, he's smart, enthusiastic and doesn't take any crap. I think someone in the NFL will take a chance on him and believe me, whoever it is will be very happy. By the way, he's no Spurrier (most over rated college coach ever)

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote