Thanksgiving day football thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 11-26-2009, 11:10 PM   #16
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Re: Thanksgiving day football thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53Fan View Post
Texas and Texas A&M are having a hell of a game! Colt McCoy is passing and running all over the place.
this is the real game to watch.. but UT is showing that they're tops.. a&m has done much better than I expected though

NFL needs to adopt 1 foot rule
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-27-2009, 11:09 AM   #17
Giantone
Gamebreaker

My midseason predictions..........I hope we finish last,yup we are that bad!It's one thing to lose a game ...all teams do ....but the Giants didn't show up at all last night, ...they quit last night and I can't tell you why.
My opinion is start from top to bottom ...Head coach ,staff ....even a player or 2 for draft picks(no not Eli)....you heard it here first ...our season is over.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 11:17 AM   #18
Redskin Jim
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
My midseason predictions..........I hope we finish last,yup we are that bad!It's one thing to lose a game ...all teams do ....but the Giants didn't show up at all last night, ...they quit last night and I can't tell you why.
My opinion is start from top to bottom ...Head coach ,staff ....even a player or 2 for draft picks(no not Eli)....you heard it here first ...our season is over.
Welcome to the season over club.. About the game though, I was shocked at both the lack of defense, and the inability to make plays on offense. You have iy right when you said " they didn't even show up". Sorry man, we all here know the feeling...
Old 11-27-2009, 11:42 AM   #19
MTK
\m/

I was really surprised with how bad the Giants looked. Honestly, they looked like a team that was just going through the motions.
Old 11-27-2009, 11:46 AM   #20
dmek25
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryfuhl View Post
this is the real game to watch.. but UT is showing that they're tops.. a&m has done much better than I expected though

NFL needs to adopt 1 foot rule
why? i hate most of colleges rules. especially this one. and the over time rule is the lamest thing ever
Old 11-27-2009, 12:24 PM   #21
GMScud
Swearinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
I was really surprised with how bad the Giants looked. Honestly, they looked like a team that was just going through the motions.
Made me smile from ear to ear. They looked they just don't care. And I gotta say, I thought they were going to have the best D-line in the NFL hands down. But they look pillow soft up front. Denver ran it down their throat. Another glaring stat is their red zone defense, or lack thereof. They allow a TD, not just a score, but a TD almost 75% of the time. That's unreal. Cheers to the Giants sucking. Misery loves company.

Anyone catch Josh McDaniels "we're trying to win this mother....ing game" comment? LOL.
Old 11-27-2009, 12:25 PM   #22
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
I felt the same way.It looked (to me anyway) ...that noone gave a hoot wether they won or lost..Denver really wanted that game....really,Matty I don't say this often but to me....they quit,and that directly goes on the head coach!
Old 11-27-2009, 12:28 PM   #23
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
Made me smile from ear to ear. Cheers to the Giants sucking. Misery loves company.

LOL...............you never disapoint.
Old 11-27-2009, 01:23 PM   #24
mlmdub130
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmek25 View Post
why? i hate most of colleges rules. especially this one. and the over time rule is the lamest thing ever
first i could see them adopting the one foot rule in a few years since it is becoming a passing game and with the no force out they could go to one foot to try and get more points during games

and why is college overtime the lamest thing ever?

i think it is awesome let both sides of the ball show what they got, and not rely on a freaking coin and your kicker. the college overtime rule will/should be the next rule change in the nfl, the current ot in the nfl is the lamest thing ever

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 01:24 PM   #25
sportscurmudgeon
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post

For the Skins to finish last, the Rams would need to win another three games AND the Bucs will need to win another three games. :yeahright

It may require a Hollywood script writer to make those two things happen...
sportscurmudgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 01:24 PM   #26
mlmdub130
Playmaker

Quote:
wasn't it great?

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 01:57 PM   #27
2BIG2BSKINNY
Special Teams

Talking Re: Thanksgiving day football thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmek25 View Post
Although a minority in the South were they love College Ball, I agree with you... The rules stink. The overtime thing is a joke...it is football not a lesson in life from a first grade class, we don't need both teams to have chances...First one who scores win!

Next you will have some poll to tell us who are the good teams...like a homecoming dance king and queen contest...Only the popular win not the best!!! Playoffs take care of that!

But I am in the minority!!! I know!

Thanksgiving NFL football has been bad for years! Get rid of the lions and cowboys and rotate it around the league. Here is an example: give all previous division winners the 3 Thursday games and the 3 best records host...That way it is a reward and we will actually want to watch!!!

Turkey was good though!
2BIG2BSKINNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 03:10 PM   #28
dmek25
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmdub130 View Post
first i could see them adopting the one foot rule in a few years since it is becoming a passing game and with the no force out they could go to one foot to try and get more points during games

and why is college overtime the lamest thing ever?

i think it is awesome let both sides of the ball show what they got, and not rely on a freaking coin and your kicker. the college overtime rule will/should be the next rule change in the nfl, the current ot in the nfl is the lamest thing ever
we will agree to disagree. just something about the college teams trotting out their kickers in OT. and games lasting 5- 6 over times. you want the ball in the pros, either win the toss, or stop the other team. pretty simple. and without looking up stats, seems like most teams aren't having any problems scoring