Tony Romo throws a hissy fit.

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-03-2012, 07:44 PM   #16
Paintrain
Pro Bowl

Re: Tony Romo throws a hissy fit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin Walton View Post
Redskins will get a divisional title before Dallas.
I agree. I think they are going to struggle this year and land around 7-9. They have great talent at skill positions but no depth. Any significant injuries and they are done.

I'm not dead but this team is dead to me...but now that McCloughan is here they may have new life!

Jay Gruden = Zorny McSpurrier
Kirk Cousins = Next Grossman
Paintrain is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-03-2012, 11:10 PM   #17
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44 goes 50 gut View Post
Wouldn't be surprised to see him go somewhere else and have more success, all the guy has ever done is be way better than anyone has any right to expect.

The national media frenzy over his playoff record is fun to watch because its the cowboys misery, and cowboys misery is always enjoyable... But seriously pinning that teams playoff woes on one guy is laughable no matter what team or what QB we're talking about. It's a team game, the guys playoff stats aren't particularly impressive but they also aren't particularly bad either. What have been bad however is Dallas' run game (or complete lack of one) and their O line, along with their entire secondary.

Personally I also think that in the internet age the media has become down right vicious and predatory. So while Romo is a very unsympathetic dude (he's a massive douche), I can't blame him for going off on them, always the leading questions, always the unstated assumptions and the narrative of "Tony why do you choke so much in the playoffs, talk to us about why you suck so much?".

Basically we've got a situation where every major players press conference is either a love fest of mostly undeserved fawning or a judgement panel where everyone including the viewers knows exactly what trap the question is trying the lead to the player into, but everyone pretends it's not an rude/leading/demeaning thing to ask someone.

What I DON"T understand is why no one ever asks Jerrah (in the same leading/provocative way) why he thinks he's qualified to make football personnel moves, when it's clear from history that Jimmah built his good teams.
I don't get it either. It's like the media is obsessed with it.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 11:16 PM   #18
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
This going to sound controversial, but if the cowboys miss the playoffs I could see them trying to trade for the 2013 #1 overall pick and going for Barkley. They could offer Romo, Bryant and Ware and try to go from there.
And they would be idiots to do that. Romo is a top 10 qb, ware is a hof in his prime and Bryant is a punk but has a huge upside.
Old 09-03-2012, 11:18 PM   #19
Ruhskins
Living Legend

The Cowpukes will never win anything as long as Jerry Jones continues to be the GM, so I hope he is their GM for life.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 11:19 PM   #20
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
The Cowpukes will never win anything as long as Jerry Jones continues to be the GM, so I hope he is their GM for life.
has he always been the gm?
Old 09-03-2012, 11:22 PM   #21
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Apparently he has, which surprises me. Maybe it is an Al Davis-type situation? Was once good at football matter, but has declined with age?
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 11:23 PM   #22
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Personally... I think Romo sucks. Oh, he is a good QB all the way up until he is pressured. Either pressured be the defense or because he's a score down with seconds left on the clock.

Funny thing is even the Dallas fans I know are starting to say this and wish JJ would get rid of him or draft another QB. lol.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 08:39 AM   #23
FRPLG
MVP

I think Romo is a pretty decent QB who doesn't have the "it" factor when Dallas needs him to carry the team. He has simply never just delivered a big game for them when they really needed it. Honestly he's a poor man's version of McNabb who had the same problem. I mean I hate the Vagiants but more than once now Eli has put that team on his shoulders and won the game for them. And I don't think Eli is any more skilled at the position than Romo.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 09:24 AM   #24
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

Much as I hate to say it, Romo is a good qb. Dallas will be tough because they have a talented players on offense. Right now, their starting QB, RB, WR and TE (talent/experience wise) all rate higher than ours. That may change over the course of the year - but, right now, that's a truth.

Their dysfunctional level, however, is red-lining and, unlike us, they are not a team that will handle adversity well. Between the drama that is Romo, and the Jerry Jones, I can see them flying apart at the seems if the ball bounces bad for them a couple times.

I hope the Giants kick their ass tomorrow and they start the year off under scrutiny. A few bad play calls by Garrett, an interception by Romo, and let the questioning begin.
Old 09-04-2012, 10:12 AM   #25
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Well QB wise I think if the Giants get up early then they will cause Romo to make mistakes. He tends to start out his early season games slow, but so do the Giants.

WR wise I don't think they are working well together as a team right now. They struggled in preseason clearly not on page with Romo.

TE wise I think Witten should not play. Having a torn spleen is not a good thing and usually takes several weeks to heal. I'd be suprised if he plays any of the first 3 weeks for safety reasons.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 11:14 AM   #26
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin Walton View Post
Did you even watch the video before starting this thread? He jsut jumped up laughing and said thats enough. I'm no Homo fan but that was far from a hissy fit. As for the PGA I have also seen him choke in golf.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 10:15 PM   #27
sandtrapjack
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Jones is only the second GM the Cowboys have ever had. Tex Schramm was GM from when they were founded in 1960 until the team was sold to Jones in 1989.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2
sandtrapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 10:16 PM   #28
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Tony Romo is a heck of a quarterback who happens to play for a consistently mediocre franchise. He's the Philip Rivers of the NFC, except the Chargers were actually a top team for more than just a year or two. But now, they both play for average teams with high expectations, and not all that great supporting casts.

So if you're wondering what skill or intangible either is lacking, it's 21 competent teammates.
Old 09-04-2012, 10:25 PM   #29
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
Tony Romo is a heck of a quarterback who happens to play for a consistently mediocre franchise. He's the Philip Rivers of the NFC, except the Chargers were actually a top team for more than just a year or two. But now, they both play for average teams with high expectations, and not all that great supporting casts.

So if you're wondering what skill or intangible either is lacking, it's 21 competent teammates.
questionable coaching...Garnett playcalling and game management was down right silly sometimes last year. I think it will improve with experience.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 10:26 PM   #30
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
questionable coaching...Garnett playcalling and game management was down right silly sometimes last year. I think it will improve with experience.
A Cowboys game has to be seen to believed.