Locker Room Main Forum

Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2014, 12:37 PM   #16
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Re: Fred Davis Bye Bye

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
I'm surprised it's only 6, I thought he was facing a year long suspension for his next failed test.

Me too, I thought it went 4 games, full season, indefinite for #3.

Perhaps it's not pot again and a different offense? PEDs this time?

Who knows, but he's worthless to the team if he can't stay clean and on the field.

Advertisements
Old 01-24-2014, 12:46 PM   #17
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Sounds like the guy has a serious problem with weed, probably should seek some help.

He Gets Us
Old 01-24-2014, 12:51 PM   #18
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeydad View Post
Me too, I thought it went 4 games, full season, indefinite for #3.

Perhaps it's not pot again and a different offense? PEDs this time?

Who knows, but he's worthless to the team if he can't stay clean and on the field.
Catch up on the policy here. http://images.nflplayers.com/mediaRe...g%20Policy.pdf
Old 01-24-2014, 12:53 PM   #19
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
What makes you think he'll be any different going into his 7th season with his 3rd coaching staff?

If he hasn't gotten it by now maybe it's time to just move on.
I am more thinking the NFL is going to get less strict on this type of infraction, and that JG is NOT MS in terms of just giving up on players. He's not going to be an expensive keep, and with JReed's uncertainty with health, he's a good backup. Seems like a win for the Redskins to me.
Old 01-24-2014, 12:57 PM   #20
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
It's still illegal in most places. So should the league also ignore players with DUIs, Giants players who shoot themselves in the leg in NYC clubs, QBs who rape and those who kill animals, and players getting in altercations with cops, wives, baby mommas and random strangers?

Sure, there's a degree of how many people those crimes effect but they're still crimes and the league probably is within its rights to suspend and try to control their employees as they wish. The game has to be kept somewhat family-friendly as much as possible to remain profitable. Take a look at the NBA, who has far less of a grasp on its players' behavior than the NFL.

I know the pot fanatics think it's all innocent and harmless, but at this point it's still a primarily illegal activity no matter how many people want to change the law.
smoking pot is in no way equivalent to your strawmen. Goodell has already made some points about using marijuana for medical reasons.
Old 01-24-2014, 12:57 PM   #21
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
MD is confused.
Old 01-24-2014, 01:03 PM   #22
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
I am more thinking the NFL is going to get less strict on this type of infraction, and that JG is NOT MS in terms of just giving up on players. He's not going to be an expensive keep, and with JReed's uncertainty with health, he's a good backup. Seems like a win for the Redskins to me.
Well for right now he's facing 6 games, and I don't see the league easing up overnight, could be years down the line.

The fact he's done this 3 times now, along with off the field stuff like falling asleep in meetings, tossing a drink in a woman's face, etc., tells me maybe we can do without a guy like this who obviously isn't very committed to his career.
Old 01-24-2014, 01:03 PM   #23
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
MD is confused.
Guess you have to insult mooby too.

CRedskinsRule has the exact casual acceptance that I described in my post. I wasn't making any judgments about it being right or wrong (although I do have my opinion on it) but about the league picking and choosing which crimes and convictions to ignore and which to punish for. Commissioner Goodell has been emphasizing player conduct since Day 1.
Old 01-24-2014, 01:09 PM   #24
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Well for right now he's facing 6 games, and I don't see the league easing up overnight, could be years down the line.

The fact he's done this 3 times now, along with off the field stuff like falling asleep in meetings, tossing a drink in a woman's face, etc., tells me maybe we can do without a guy like this who obviously isn't very committed to his career.
Fair enough. I am not lobbying hard for him. But if he came back at vet min for the last 10 games, and SB run , I'd be ok with it.
Old 01-24-2014, 01:09 PM   #25
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
With marijuana becoming more and more acceptable (not legal yet) it's a shame to see the NFL ban a talented player for something like this. Yeah, I know, its illegal, and there is a whole thread on this topic in the debating with the enemies section. But so many lives have been wasted over such a meaningless prohibition. The NFL should tacitly acknowledge the changing world, and just offer rehab and help, not extreme punishments.
I would agree, but the bothersome thing to me is he put his career in jeopardy fully knowing the consquences. If I or any of us were told "hey dont do this or you will be fired" then we most likely would quit the activity. Could it be addiction? Sure, but he was given the opportunity to seek help. Another thing is the public knowledge. If everyone knew I had issue keeping clean at work and in the public, I would be embarressed and it would motivate me to clean up. Some people just dont give a damn. This is the same guy who came clean to the public "yeah, I sleep in meetings", I mean com'on man!

He Gets Us
Old 01-24-2014, 01:13 PM   #26
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Guess you have to insult mooby too.

CRedskinsRule has the exact casual acceptance that I described in my post. I wasn't making any judgments about it being right or wrong (although I do have my opinion on it) but about the league picking and choosing which crimes and convictions to ignore and which to punish for. Commissioner Goodell has been emphasizing player conduct since Day 1.
casual acceptance about a law that likely is on it's last legs is HUGELY different than the crimes you listed as your false analogies. We, as a society, set different levels of punishments for every single broken law, hence why there are misdemeanors all the way to class 1 felonies. It takes a very very stupid individual to compare testing positive for pot to rape, felony assault or the others that were listed in the previous post.
Old 01-24-2014, 01:17 PM   #27
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
I would agree, but the bothersome thing to me is he put his career in jeopardy fully knowing the consquences. If I or any of us were told "hey dont do this or you will be fired" then we most likely would quit the activity. Could it be addiction? Sure, but he was given the opportunity to seek help. Another thing is the public knowledge. If everyone knew I had issue keeping clean at work and in the public, I would be embarressed and it would motivate me to clean up. Some people just dont give a damn. This is the same guy who came clean to the public "yeah, I sleep in meetings", I mean com'on man!
Not arguing this part. If he goes, cya.
Old 01-24-2014, 01:40 PM   #28
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

Quote:
casual acceptance about a law that likely is on it's last legs is HUGELY different than the crimes you listed as your false analogies. We, as a society, set different levels of punishments for every single broken law, hence why there are misdemeanors all the way to class 1 felonies. It takes a very very stupid individual to compare testing positive for pot to rape, felony assault or the others that were listed in the previous post.
Pot is the gateway to rape, rape is the gateway to being gay and being gay is the gateway to being Obama.

Damnit, you need to learn how the world works!

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
Old 01-24-2014, 01:42 PM   #29
diehardskin2982
Another Year, another mess.

Quote:
Further, I think this lowers his cost, keep him, and let him get back on track with a new coaching staff.
He shouldn't be in the league. Fred makes millions of dollars to play a kids game and he can't keep his nose clean. He should be someone else's problem. I'm sure the Raiders will be calling.

No one who makes Stadium the gentleman's club his second home should be on this roster in 2014. He needs to take his career seriously.
Old 01-24-2014, 01:45 PM   #30
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Davis has the brain of an 16 year old.
Closed Thread