Another Politician "Outed"

Parking Lot

Old 11-02-2007, 12:44 PM   #16
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Re: Another Politician "Outed"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheriff Gonna Getcha View Post
True, but Barney Frank has been out of the closet for quite some time.

Yeah, I was just reminding people that immorality is not owned by either political party, you get good and bad in both....even though it's trendy to bash Republicans more than Democrats right now.

And before you accuse me of being a homophobe, I was refering more to the fact that Barney Frank had a male prostitute run a gay prostitution ring out of his home more than the simple fact of him just being gay. Somehow, he has been made into some kind of hero over that incident instead of being forced to resign. I wonder if a Republican did this, how it would turn out...
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-02-2007, 01:04 PM   #17
Sheriff Gonna Getcha
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
Yeah, I was just reminding people that immorality is not owned by either political party, you get good and bad in both....even though it's trendy to bash Republicans more than Democrats right now.
Of course. Just so you know, I'm deemed "conservative" by most Dems and "liberal" by most Republicans. So, I'm pretty middle of the road; I agree with some Republican ideas and some Democratic ideas. I just noted the article and the other incidents since it is ironic that the Republican party, which typically prides itself as the party of morals and gay-bashes, is often so caught up with these sorts of scandals. It's not like these guys were pro-gay marriage; they were adamnantly opposed to gay marriage, gay rights, etc. So, I find it ironic when they dress up in women's clothes and/or solicit unprotected sex from strangers.
Sheriff Gonna Getcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 01:54 PM   #18
dmek25
MVP

if you say something bad about a republican, your bashing. if you say something bad about a democrat, he deserves it. come on buster, lay off the fox news. now a days, if you are up to something, 99% of the time you will be caught, and everyone will find out
Old 11-02-2007, 01:56 PM   #19
dmek25
MVP

and republicans are the party to declare themselves the morally right party. you cant have your cake and eat it, too. that's what makes me laugh about Rudy. a couple of years ago he wanted Clinton's head. now hows he feel about that?
Old 11-02-2007, 02:08 PM   #20
Sheriff Gonna Getcha
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmek25 View Post
and republicans are the party to declare themselves the morally right party. you cant have your cake and eat it, too. that's what makes me laugh about Rudy. a couple of years ago he wanted Clinton's head. now hows he feel about that?
Really, I don't remember Rudy calling out Bill.
Sheriff Gonna Getcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 02:40 PM   #21
saden1
MVP

This has nothing to do with politics, and everything to do the human condition which is by and large miserable one.

I really find it odd that people jump the gun on everything...not only that but people feel almost obligated to cheer on and defend the party they identify themselves with.

p.s. I would gladly trade every democrat and republican out there today for Lincoln, Eisenhower, and even LBJ.

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 03:47 PM   #22
dmek25
MVP

i always try to pride myself on voting for( in my opinion) the best candidate available. i never vote strictly along party lines. it just ceases to amaze me how people read what their party is supposed to stand for, and vote accordingly.
Old 11-02-2007, 05:55 PM   #23
djnemo65
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post

And before you accuse me of being a homophobe, I was refering more to the fact that Barney Frank had a male prostitute run a gay prostitution ring out of his home more than the simple fact of him just being gay. Somehow, he has been made into some kind of hero over that incident instead of being forced to resign. I wonder if a Republican did this, how it would turn out...
If you think that being gay is immoral then you and the republican party deserve each other. The tragedy here is people denying who they are for their whole lives, and in these unusual circumstances making careers campaigning against others who are trying to exercise a similar freedom.

Barney Frank is still one of the most respected members of the democratic party. Maybe you think this bespeaks their immorality but I think it says a lot more about their tolerance.
djnemo65 is offline   Reply With Quote