Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

It’s Dallas week (L)

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-29-2022, 08:16 AM   #16
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Re: It’s Dallas week (L)

Your team is in better shape then the Giants were and had we had a WR who could catch and hold on to a ball we could have won. I'm going with the Commanders

Advertisements
Old 09-29-2022, 08:57 AM   #17
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Your team is in better shape then the Giants were and had we had a WR who could catch and hold on to a ball we could have won. I'm going with the Commanders
LOL U Guys actually have a defense...
Old 09-29-2022, 09:14 AM   #18
Redskins247
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post

This week would be a great week to not suck, Ron. Just be competent - that's all I'm asking.
This map just makes me mad all over again...I'm assuming this is from Directv? You see how ALL of Virginia shows the Washington games expect 2 counties on the VA/NC line...yeah that's where I am (not counting the part of VA next to TN that shows Titans games). Somehow they decided that in those 2 counties, people would rather have the Panthers game on...so dumb. I have the NFL package and probably would either way, but I cannot wait til it's gone from them.
Redskins247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2022, 09:41 AM   #19
SunnySide
Playmaker

Boys pass rush -- Id do the general standard stuff .. run the ball and chip/double Parsons w a TE (not gibson)

Seems like a great game to have a Brian Robinson type .. hard runner that we could rotate w gibson and keep both fresh.

-----------

I have faith our coaching staff on all 3 phases can gameplan.

We have 2 plus games of film on Cooper Rush and OC Kellen Moore.

Stats and prob say we are due for 1 or 2 defensive turnovers and a special play from someone on D. Sweat needs to sniff out a screen, tip it in the air and int it.

Cowboys returner Turpin scares me. That stick man can run.

Skins 27 Jerrys Ladies 17
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2022, 09:43 AM   #20
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Max protect with only Dotson, Samuel and McLaurin on routes. Double-team Lawrence and Parsons. Still get sacked 5+ times.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2022, 09:48 AM   #21
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Max protect with only Dotson, Samuel and McLaurin on routes. Double-team Lawrence and Parsons. Still get sacked 5+ times.
Id focus on Parsons and hope D Law has another sleepy game. He had 3 sacks vs giants so hopefully hes due to go quiet for the next few games.

Hes also questionable but seems like a full go Sunday
Old 09-29-2022, 09:55 AM   #22
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Dallas - 24
WAS - 20

It'll be close because their offense lacks the firepower at WR but their backs will run well on us.

A late game fumble or pick will seal the deal for us
Old 09-29-2022, 10:25 AM   #23
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
Id focus on Parsons and hope D Law has another sleepy game. He had 3 sacks vs giants so hopefully hes due to go quiet for the next few games.

Hes also questionable but seems like a full go Sunday
Gotta be able to run the ball. Run that shit repeatedly, and hopefully tire their front 7 out a bit, would make the passing game easier.

This would really be a great game to have Robinson. Wish this game was a couple weeks later.
Old 09-29-2022, 10:27 AM   #24
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Hard to have any optimism, especially reading our injury report, and realizing how depleted our Oline might be...

Leno, Schweitzer, Charles and Cosmi with injury designation... this has the potential to get reaaaally ugly...
Old 09-29-2022, 10:32 AM   #25
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
LOL U Guys actually have a defense...
And a strong d coordinator. Ravens fucked up letting him go and you can see the results in Baltimore, their defense isn’t great.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2022, 10:33 AM   #26
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
Hard to have any optimism, especially reading our injury report, and realizing how depleted our Oline might be...

Leno, Schweitzer, Charles and Cosmi with injury designation... this has the potential to get reaaaally ugly...
Erik Flowers out there

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2022, 10:38 AM   #27
SunnySide
Playmaker

So I googled for an article on us bringing up Wes Martin from the PS, seeing how thats going ...

Found a Martin. Nick Martin .. apparently we signed him last week, younger brother of boys Zack Martin.

Looks like Nick martin will be starting C on Sunday ... fudge

-------------

The Washington Commanders may be down to its third center as Wes Schweitzer did not practice Wednesday. Schweitzer is in the concussion protocol. If he doesn’t play, recently-signed Nick Martin will start at center for the Commanders Sunday against the Dallas Cowboys.

Schweitzer started in last week’s 24-8 loss to the Philadelphia Eagles in place of Chase Roullier. Washington placed Roullier on injured reserve last week with a significant knee injury. Roullier is seeking a second opinion before deciding on having season-ending knee surgery.

Martin is the younger brother of Cowboys All-Pro guard Zack Martin. Like his older brother, Nick Martin attended Notre Dame in college.

Washington signed Martin last week. He played four seasons with the Houston Texans after being drafted in the second round in 2016, making 62 starts. Last season, he served as a backup center with the Las Vegas Raiders after being released by Houston.

Nick says he reminded Zack that the younger brother is 2-0 against each other in the NFL.

Nick Martin said he talks to his brother Zack fairly regularly. When they talked this week, Nick reminded Zack that he’s 2-0 against him.
— Nicki Jhabvala (@NickiJhabvala) September 28, 2022

Schweitzer wasn’t the only Commanders offensive linemen that did not practice Wednesday. Starting left tackle Charles Leno was held out with a shoulder injury. However, Commanders head coach Ron Rivera isn’t concerned about Leno.

Additionally, offensive lineman Saahdiq Charles (shoulder), offensive tackle Sam Cosmi (knee), cornerback Benjamin St-Juste (hamstring), and running back Jonathan Williams (illness) were all limited from the Commanders’ practice. Defensive ends James Smith-Williams (abdomen) and Casey Toohill (concussion) and defensive tackle Daniel Wise (ankle) returned to practice with limited participation after each missed last week’s loss to the Philadelphia Eagles.
Old 09-29-2022, 10:40 AM   #28
SunnySide
Playmaker

Week 4 ... and were on our 4th center (roullier, larsen, schweitzer .. now Martin, Nick Martin).

Old 09-29-2022, 11:08 AM   #29
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Well at least if we lose, my expectations are already on the floor and drilling into it trying to actually get underneath it, so I won't be too mad.

I'm probably going to make the mistake of going out and watching it too. Because it's the Cowboys. Hard to pass on those games.
Old 09-29-2022, 11:38 AM   #30
EdmundDorf
The Starter

Ah yes, but for all the lovers of good omens out there Nick Martin is 2-0 against his brother, so who needs a coaching staff when you have sort of Mojo going ( yes, yes I have lost all sense of reality with this team)
EdmundDorf is offline   Reply With Quote