Re: Redskins DT Haynesworth unlikely to play vs. Cowboys

i feel like he'll give it a go
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-21-2009, 02:21 AM   #17
skins89moss
Playmaker

I dont want this ankle injury to linger so if he cant help us he should rest this week and get ready for the Eagles next week. We need at least a split with the Eagles. I think he will give it a shot and if he is not 100-90% his presents still helps us.
Old 11-21-2009, 06:29 AM   #18
warpaint
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by skins89moss View Post
I dont want this ankle injury to linger so if he cant help us he should rest this week and get ready for the Eagles next week. We need at least a split with the Eagles. I think he will give it a shot and if he is not 100-90% his presents still helps us.
Just him being there will take attention away from others even if he is not 100 percent,so he can be a pawn and divert attention.
Old 11-21-2009, 07:00 AM   #19
Luxorreb
^21^

He'll play. I'd play. And I'd be in the hospital first play. We MUST win this game. GO SKINS!
Old 11-21-2009, 01:28 PM   #20
skinsfan69
Living Legend

If he doesn't play then I'll be pissed. He was walking around w/out a boot at the Wizards game this past week. IMO he should be doing everything he can to play, which means staying off your ankle and resting.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 01:35 PM   #21
mlmdub130
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
If he doesn't play then I'll be pissed. He was walking around w/out a boot at the Wizards game this past week. IMO he should be doing everything he can to play, which means staying off your ankle and resting.
said the same thing earlier in the thread, he should be at home with it elevated imo, during the season they owe their life to the team thats a commitment they made and thats why they get paid so much

i'm not saying don't have a life but if you are questionable for a game you need to do everything in your power to be healthy and play

that said i think he will start and this is another case of a pulled ass muscle, he just doesn't want to practice so he makes crap up and since there is no one to tell him he has to practice he does what he wants

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 03:06 PM   #22
Coff
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Why do we need a split with the Eagles? Who cares? The season is essentially meaningless at this point, so the only meaning left is to beat the Cowboys, which the team will have a better chance at with Big Al on the line, even if he is hobbling.
Coff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 03:30 AM   #23
skins89moss
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coff View Post
Why do we need a split with the Eagles? Who cares? The season is essentially meaningless at this point, so the only meaning left is to beat the Cowboys, which the team will have a better chance at with Big Al on the line, even if he is hobbling.
If he is not healthy to play than we should not let him play to risk further damage to his ankle. Like you said the season is essentially meaningless why should he play if not healthy to help us? I rather for him to play and help us than play and hurt us.
Old 11-22-2009, 08:32 AM   #24
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
If he is not healthy to play than we should not let him play to risk further damage to his ankle. Like you said the season is essentially meaningless why should he play if not healthy to help us? I rather for him to play and help us than play and hurt us.
Thats how im feeling. Dont risk greater damage to a lost season at this point. His lost impact on the D-Line is huge, but at this point screw it. But I have a feeling we are going to see him today probably rotating a little more out than it. He is a gamer.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 11:15 AM   #25
NM Redskin
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coff View Post
Apparently you have failed to look at the schedule/standings, the Skins are still in the hunt, especially if we can bet Dallas.
Old 11-22-2009, 11:21 AM   #26
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Actually after 2-3 days you should be moving around and walking again if at all possible. It's bad to let it stay immobile and get "locked up." You are supposed to get back to light activity as soon as possible.

There's a huge difference between walking mostly straight lines after a sprain and playing on one a week later.
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 11:27 AM   #27
Luxorreb
^21^

Early reports today say he's inactive. He's gotta play! Come on Fat Albert!
Old 11-22-2009, 11:37 AM   #28
Coff
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NM Redskin View Post
Apparently you have failed to look at the schedule/standings, the Skins are still in the hunt, especially if we can bet Dallas.
I envy your optimism. Granted, it's not only absent of reason, but of sanity as well, but I envy it nonetheless.
Old 11-22-2009, 11:42 AM   #29
53Fan
Franchise Player

Kelli Johnson is reporting Golston will start for AH and Smoot will start ahead of Rogers.
Old 11-22-2009, 11:44 AM   #30
Coff
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Okay, it's hard to argue with that. No one wants Haynesworth to risk more injury. My point was that I'd rather he play against the Cowboys than the Eagles, if it came down to one or the other. If playing today would mean a minor extension of his rehabilitation schedule, I'd have no problem with that. If it meant risking further injury, than of course I'd want him to sit.