Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Best Match-ups, aesthetically speaking

Locker Room Main Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-06-2013, 11:16 AM   #1
Summo
The Bringer of Digital Bling

Best Match-ups, aesthetically speaking

John Facenda once said that Football is a “Two and half hour carnival of color sound and action” noting that the aesthetics of the game are a large part of the experience. As an artist I’m drawn to good matchups on the field, not only on a football level but also from an aesthetic level. Colors, shapes movement are all components of art. Bodies meshing at the line of scrimmage, twisting around each other reaching for a pass, defenders enveloping ball carriers, bodies clad in clashing and in some cases complimenting colors compel me to tune in and stay tuned in no matter what the score (kind of sounds erotic doesn’t it?) But it’s all part of the sport we love. So with that said here are some of my favorite uniform match ups please post yours and discuss.

Here I like the complimenting colors with the Maroon and dark Green without the yellow pants.

This is probably one of my favorite of all time, something about how the orange and yellow play off one another with the green thrown in there. This is also the second time in a row that the Packers have played in Cincinnati where the Bengals have worn their orange jerseys.

The lighting in the Superdome really brings out the opposing teams colors when they wear their dark colors. Here I like how the Aqua is reflected.

The Red, White and Blue with some gold, classic.

Another classic uniform match-up. This current uniform set of the Chargers is my favorite in the league, the two shades of blues and the complimenting yellow on a white pallet is modern yet classic.

Visit my Socials: Twitter: @summo13 IGram:@summo13art

Last edited by Summo; 11-06-2013 at 01:33 PM.
Summo is offline   Reply With Quote