Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Are the Bears a Legit spot for Shanny?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-25-2009, 10:40 AM   #16
MTK
\m/

Re: Are the Bears a Legit spot for Shanny?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
The whole point of that article was to just say the last line "But if Shanahan can at least get the Bears to come sniff around a bit, Shanahan might be able to squeeze more money out of the 'Skins."

Sure things could change at the last minute and Shanahan isn't the coach, but the Bears are a hot mess right now. I'd rather go to Buffalo I was Shanny. I think Cutler will bounce back but, apart from the fact that the Bears probably won't pay Lovie and Shanahan all that money, the Bears don't even have a first round or a second round pick. Gaines Adams for a 2nd has to be one of the worst trades in a long, long time.

I just don't see Shanahan in Chicago
What's it going to cost to get Shanahan here you think, $10M a year? More?

Advertisements
Old 12-25-2009, 10:55 AM   #17
dmek25
MVP

that's probably a pretty good guess. and after the Giants game debacle, Snyder is probably ready to pay anything to get a proven commodity here
Old 12-25-2009, 10:59 AM   #18
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

You know last night I had a dream that we signed Rob Ryan to be our next head coach at 6 years, $67 million. I know right! Rob Ryan!

So I'm going to say 5 years, $55 million
Old 12-25-2009, 11:03 AM   #19
rbanerjee23
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
When I read statements like these I wonder if the people saying these things are the same people not wanting Shanny or are they really trying to be neutral during all this?

How can one not see the writing on the wall? It's practally written by a street tagger all over the wall.

Washington's
next HC is....
Shanny!
It's neither, wasn't Spurrier supposed to be the savior? then Gibbs? How did those work out exactly, 1 playoff trip and a crushing defeat to the Seahawks.

Yeah, forgive me if I don't seem super pumped until we are an 11-5 team and favorites entering a playoff game.

-Mike Shanahan

HTTR
rbanerjee23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 11:43 AM   #20
dmek25
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
You know last night I had a dream that we signed Rob Ryan to be our next head coach at 6 years, $67 million. I know right! Rob Ryan!

So I'm going to say 5 years, $55 million
man, what a bargain
Old 12-25-2009, 04:12 PM   #21
rbanerjee23
The Starter

Going back to the thread title...Chicago is in a much bigger mess than us, at least we have a semblance of WR corps and a pretty good defense. Only thing Chicago has going for it is that Urlacher might come back next season.

Shanny would have to be an idiot to pass up DC for Chi Town even if the money is better.

-Mike Shanahan

HTTR
rbanerjee23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 05:32 PM   #22
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbanerjee23 View Post
Going back to the thread title...Chicago is in a much bigger mess than us, at least we have a semblance of WR corps and a pretty good defense. Only thing Chicago has going for it is that Urlacher might come back next season.

Shanny would have to be an idiot to pass up DC for Chi Town even if the money is better.
More importantly the Chicago franchise is very conservative financially. Not to be confused with cheap a la the Bengals and Cardinals but from what I've read they seem to go out of their way at times to save money. One of the main reasons they're considering keeping Lovie Smith is because they still owe him money.

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 10:49 PM   #23
skins89moss
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownskinfan View Post
Showing any interest in the bears{if he is not already signed and we dont know it} will def give him leverage.Everyone,and i mean everyone,knows we will overpay to get our man.Also shanny could use this to help get more control if he is hired,i.e. he has final say over personel descisions.I wouldnt mind him as a coach but i dont want him making personel descisions,he did a lousy job of that in Denver
Nice quote but when you say we will over pay for our man, who do you me by we? Im a big fan but i have not written any checks to sign or pay the coaches of the Redskins.
Old 12-25-2009, 10:56 PM   #24
skins89moss
Playmaker

When will the time come that the Redskins can keep a coach for more than 3 years. This has to contribute to our poor recorder over the past 10 years. If you look at the other teams in the NFC East look how long their HC has been in place. These teams seem to have much more success with this method of keeping the same HC and system. I hope we can learn something from them when it comes down to selecting a Head Coach.
Old 12-25-2009, 11:04 PM   #25
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skins89moss View Post
When will the time come that the Redskins can keep a coach for more than 3 years. This has to contribute to our poor recorder over the past 10 years. If you look at the other teams in the NFC East look how long their HC has been in place. These teams seem to have much more success with this method of keeping the same HC and system. I hope we can learn something from them when it comes down to selecting a Head Coach.
In my opinion, Zorn wasn't bad enough where he had to be fired after two years for the good of the team, but the coaching staff itself needs a shake-up. If you didn't cut your losses with Zorn here, he just becomes a lame duck coach all of next year. It's highly possible that the offense wouldn't improve under Zorn in a third year.

I'm not convinced Shanahan will last more than two years here either. Not that I think he'll get fired, but the temptation to resign will always be there because better jobs will come available. I think if Kyle Shanahan coaches here for a season, and gets a head coaching job in this league after that, that Mike Shanahan will not end the streak of non-Gibbs head coaches that only captain the ship for two years or fewer.
Old 12-25-2009, 11:40 PM   #26
LandrySlice
Special Teams

Shanahan will coach here more then 2 years, I promise... how could you not collect the ultimate pay day for your family for generations. He will make it work, have faith SKINS!
Old 12-26-2009, 08:45 AM   #27
Paintrain
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
In my opinion, Zorn wasn't bad enough where he had to be fired after two years for the good of the team, but the coaching staff itself needs a shake-up. If you didn't cut your losses with Zorn here, he just becomes a lame duck coach all of next year. It's highly possible that the offense wouldn't improve under Zorn in a third year.

I'm not convinced Shanahan will last more than two years here either. Not that I think he'll get fired, but the temptation to resign will always be there because better jobs will come available. I think if Kyle Shanahan coaches here for a season, and gets a head coaching job in this league after that, that Mike Shanahan will not end the streak of non-Gibbs head coaches that only captain the ship for two years or fewer.
I think the opposite about both Shanahans. I'd expect Mike to be here for a good 5 years with the expectation that he'll be succeeded by Kyle.

I'm not dead but this team is dead to me...but now that McCloughan is here they may have new life!

Jay Gruden = Zorny McSpurrier
Kirk Cousins = Next Grossman
Paintrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 03:36 PM   #28
Kalisto2010
Special Teams

I'm sorry, but there's not a prominent coach out there that would take the Bears job right now. Who wants to step in and deal with a "franchise" QB who has lost all confidence? Or enter their first draft without the luxury of a first round pick? Also, the ownership in Chicago is very frugal when it comes to free agent acquisitions (minus the Cutler trade). It's going to be a very long time before the Bears start winning again.
Kalisto2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 03:43 PM   #29
GusFrerotte

Just crap to drum up hype to increase rag sales or hits on the net. Chicago is a mess and can't up the ante like The Danny can.
GusFrerotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 03:53 PM   #30
GusFrerotte

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post

Biggest mistake in hindsight was the way Turner was canned. 7-6 in 2000 and DS pulled the plug, and didn't give Turner a shot at making the playoffs a second time around. Fault the Norv all you want, but with the exception of Gibbs, he had the best O scheme around. In fact he probably had the best O scheme even over Gibbs. THe current bunch of WRs and JC would have broken records ala Johnson/Westbrook/Connell/Alexander in '99 with that system in place. Screw this WCO crap.
GusFrerotte is offline   Reply With Quote