Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Redskins vs. Giants)

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-22-2009, 01:26 AM   #1
RMSkins
The Starter

Re: Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Redskins vs. Giants)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheriff Gonna Getcha View Post
In my opinion, every player should be on the list except for Albert Haynesworth. I was opposed to signing Haynesworth and still think he's not worth the investment. That said, tonight he played well and I liked the fire he showed. I usually blast players for drawing flags, but I make a special exception for players who draw flags while defending teammates. Haynesworth has been flagged twice for defending Hall. He's got that nasty attitude and shows loyalty to his teammates. I love it.
I couldn't agree with this more. We need more players with this attitude. Someone said it best, "We need more thugs on this team."
RMSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 01:33 AM   #2
DBUCHANON101
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMSkins View Post
I couldn't agree with this more. We need more players with this attitude. Someone said it best, "We need more thugs on this team."

Hey, it worked for the Hurricanes when they needed a turnaround to save their program.. History repeats???
Old 12-22-2009, 10:16 AM   #3
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
In my opinion, every player should be on the list except for Albert Haynesworth. I was opposed to signing Haynesworth and still think he's not worth the investment. That said, tonight he played well and I liked the fire he showed. I usually blast players for drawing flags, but I make a special exception for players who draw flags while defending teammates. Haynesworth has been flagged twice for defending Hall. He's got that nasty attitude and shows loyalty to his teammates. I love it.
Haynesworth defends his teammates and that's all he's worth. The guy can't play two plays in a row w/out coming out of the game. Pathetic. He's useless.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 10:56 AM   #4
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Haynesworth defends his teammates and that's all he's worth. The guy can't play two plays in a row w/out coming out of the game. Pathetic. He's useless.
He didn't flop on the ground a single time yesterday did he? We knew what we were getting, I'd like to see his pct of snaps played. He's not the only person that we rotate in and out; I'd rather see Haynesworth take a breather than come up tired and get hurt. Then if they want him to condition differently they can ask it of him.
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 10:57 AM   #5
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryfuhl View Post
He didn't flop on the ground a single time yesterday did he? We knew what we were getting, I'd like to see his pct of snaps played. He's not the only person that we rotate in and out; I'd rather see Haynesworth take a breather than come up tired and get hurt. Then if they want him to condition differently they can ask it of him.
We rotate players in and out I'm sure, but there's always a camera pointed at him.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 11:06 AM   #6
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryfuhl View Post
I'm sorry but he's freakin TERRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!! Haynesworth is as soft as BUTTER. I've never seen a professional football player that can only play one play and then take 4 off.
Old 12-22-2009, 11:16 AM   #7
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:
I'm sorry but he's freakin TERRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!! Haynesworth is as soft as BUTTER. I've never seen a professional football player that can only play one play and then take 4 off.
I'm not really sure what games you're watching man.
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 11:19 AM   #8
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
1. Thats a GROSS Exaggeration.
2. The dude weighs 350 pounds. There's no way he can go full speed every snap. Statistically, when he's active, he's on the field more than any other defensive player except andre carter. DL players are rotated in and out constantly on every team in the NFL. Since they're generally much bigger guys, its necessary to keep them fresh. You just don't notice it as much on other teams because the cameras don't follow their every move as they do with haynesworth.

I won't say that Haynesworth has necessarily exceeded my expectations, but he's certainly met them. He's one of the few big-contract guys this team has signed in recent memory who's actually worth every penny.
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 11:13 AM   #9
freddyg12
Playmaker

Quote:
We played our best games of the year w/out Haynesworth. He is obviously a beast & can beat anybody WHEN he's in the game. During that opening drive, he was on the sidelines when the g men were inside the 5. The guy just can't be counted on for much.

I really wonder if he has caused the D to regress overall. Think about this, you're playing hard every play making 1/10 of what he does, yet he comes out of the game about any time he's tired or 'nicked up.' Then he's got the audacity to say he's not being used right!

That's the reason some teams simply don't sign big name free agents, there is a chemistry transition. Look at every year the Skins have made a big splash in free agency, 00, 03, 06, 09. It hasn't turned out well that season. The only exception is maybe the D in 04.

Hopefully, next year AH becomes part of the team more. He really looks like an independent contractor right now. (I will give him props for sticking up for Hall, but isn't that ironic, he sticks up twice for the dude that also got a big contract. I don't think anyone else is sticking up for Hall.)
freddyg12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 11:48 AM   #10
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddyg12 View Post
We played our best games of the year w/out Haynesworth. He is obviously a beast & can beat anybody WHEN he's in the game. During that opening drive, he was on the sidelines when the g men were inside the 5. The guy just can't be counted on for much.

I really wonder if he has caused the D to regress overall. Think about this, you're playing hard every play making 1/10 of what he does, yet he comes out of the game about any time he's tired or 'nicked up.' Then he's got the audacity to say he's not being used right!

That's the reason some teams simply don't sign big name free agents, there is a chemistry transition. Look at every year the Skins have made a big splash in free agency, 00, 03, 06, 09. It hasn't turned out well that season. The only exception is maybe the D in 04.

Hopefully, next year AH becomes part of the team more. He really looks like an independent contractor right now. (I will give him props for sticking up for Hall, but isn't that ironic, he sticks up twice for the dude that also got a big contract. I don't think anyone else is sticking up for Hall.)
signing a lot of free agents never works and over spending for one really never works. i think this will stop now that allen is here.
Old 12-21-2009, 11:56 PM   #11
Beemnseven
Pro Bowl

I said this during the gameday thread, but it bears repeating. The gap between the Redskins and the rest of the NFC East is overwhelming. The Giants are just flat out better than us top to bottom. And they're the third best team in the division.

If anything, this game put to rest any of the doubt we had about how bad our 4-10 team really is. The previous 4 or 5 games where we were playing "with heart" were a complete mirage.

There is so much work to do here, it's incomprehensible.
Beemnseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 12:00 AM   #12
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemnseven View Post
I said this during the gameday thread, but it bears repeating. The gap between the Redskins and the rest of the NFC East is overwhelming. The Giants are just flat out better than us top to bottom. And they're the third best team in the division.

If anything, this game put to rest any of the doubt we had about how bad our 4-10 team really is. The previous 4 or 5 games where we were playing "with heart" were a complete mirage.

There is so much work to do here, it's incomprehensible.
You can't use the head-to-head argument, and then assert that the Giants are the 3rd best team in the division. They kick our ass every time we play them, but we always match up fine with Philadelphia and Dallas. So, really, it appears to just be a Giants gap.

I don't think you need to say that the Giants are the cream of division if their not, but we've been out-coached every time we've played them since Grilliams left. And it's more than just Blache. We could replace him, and there would still be a meaningful gap. But that seems like the easiest way to close it.
Old 12-22-2009, 12:05 AM   #13
Beemnseven
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
You can't use the head-to-head argument, and then assert that the Giants are the 3rd best team in the division. They kick our ass every time we play them, but we always match up fine with Philadelphia and Dallas. So, really, it appears to just be a Giants gap.

I don't think you need to say that the Giants are the cream of division if their not, but we've been out-coached every time we've played them since Grilliams left. And it's more than just Blache. We could replace him, and there would still be a meaningful gap. But that seems like the easiest way to close it.
Well, they're the third best team in the division right now in terms of wins.

ESPN just ran a stat: Redskins are 15-32 against the NFC East since 2002. That's a pretty big gap if you ask me.

We aren't anywhere close to threatening this division.
Beemnseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 12:13 AM   #14
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Bruce Allen - The team is worse with you then it was with Vinny. Can't believe I'm going to say this but we need to bring back Vinny ASAP. Bruce Allen has never won a game since he was named the Redskins GM. Vinny on the other hand won 12 since 2008, and that doesn't include preseason games. Face it guys, Vinny was the best thing that ever happened to this team.

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 12:14 AM   #15
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag359 View Post
Bruce Allen - The team is worse with you then it was with Vinny. Can't believe I'm going to say this but we need to bring back Vinny ASAP. Bruce Allen has never won a game since he was named the Redskins GM. Vinny on the other hand won 12 since 2008, and that doesn't include preseason games. Face it guys, Vinny was the best thing that ever happened to this team.

Good one Dirt.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote