Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Around the NFL WEEK 11

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 11-16-2017, 10:38 AM   #16
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Re: Around the NFL WEEK 11

I get Goodell asking for 50 million because you can ask for whatever you want in a negotiation, doesn't mean you'll get it. But do the owners really think he's doing a good job? I mean he must be, for them, because the rest of the world thinks he's an ass clown. The TV deals are already signed, it seems like now would be a good time to bring someone new in for way less than 50 million. It would be interesting to be a fly on the wall at the owners meetings. But 50 million between 32 billionaires, hell, they probably don't even notice.

Goodell asking for lifetime health insurance, that's the big one. If they agree to that, if I'm the players, thats great ammo for them to ask for lifetime health insurance next time. And that would cost the owners WAY MORE than 50 million per year if players get that.

Who needs their insurance paid for when making hundreds of millions of dollars in like a 10 year span? This guy, I swear.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-16-2017, 12:04 PM   #17
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
I get Goodell asking for 50 million because you can ask for whatever you want in a negotiation, doesn't mean you'll get it. But do the owners really think he's doing a good job? I mean he must be, for them, because the rest of the world thinks he's an ass clown. The TV deals are already signed, it seems like now would be a good time to bring someone new in for way less than 50 million. It would be interesting to be a fly on the wall at the owners meetings. But 50 million between 32 billionaires, hell, they probably don't even notice.

Goodell asking for lifetime health insurance, that's the big one. If they agree to that, if I'm the players, thats great ammo for them to ask for lifetime health insurance next time. And that would cost the owners WAY MORE than 50 million per year if players get that.

Who needs their insurance paid for when making hundreds of millions of dollars in like a 10 year span? This guy, I swear.
Goodell is doing a good job for the owners, because the public blames him for everything and not them.

Everything that Goodell does is a directive from the owners. All the things that people don't like about the league, Goodell does because the owners want it that way (which is to make more money without them spending any).

The only thing that is Goodell's own agenda is the whole issue with player discipline. But as Andrew Brandt says, for every situation where an owner is unhappy with Goodell about player discipline such as Kraft (Spygate/Brady), Benson (Bountygate), or Jerry Jones (Elliott), there are a group of owners who are supporting him.

If I'm Goodell, I'm asking for all these things, because he has to do the dirty work so the owners don't have to put up with John Q. Public.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 12:32 PM   #18
MTK
\m/

^ Boom

What he said
Old 11-16-2017, 12:53 PM   #19
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
^ Boom

What he said
Co-signed. He is their puppet and fall guy.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 02:00 PM   #20
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Goodell is doing a good job for the owners, because the public blames him for everything and not them.

Everything that Goodell does is a directive from the owners. All the things that people don't like about the league, Goodell does because the owners want it that way (which is to make more money without them spending any).

The only thing that is Goodell's own agenda is the whole issue with player discipline. But as Andrew Brandt says, for every situation where an owner is unhappy with Goodell about player discipline such as Kraft (Spygate/Brady), Benson (Bountygate), or Jerry Jones (Elliott), there are a group of owners who are supporting him.

If I'm Goodell, I'm asking for all these things, because he has to do the dirty work so the owners don't have to put up with John Q. Public.
I agree with you, because he must be. What exactly is he doing that the owners like so much I guess is my question? Just a human bullet proof vest I guess.
Old 11-16-2017, 02:05 PM   #21
MTK
\m/

He’s made them a lot of money, what else is there
Old 11-16-2017, 04:42 PM   #22
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post

......this!
Old 11-16-2017, 04:58 PM   #23
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
......this!
That!
Old 11-16-2017, 05:29 PM   #24
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
He’s made them a lot of money, what else is there
What has he done individually to make them lots of moeny? Did he negotiate the TV contracts himself? I think the NFL made lots of money and he had the luck of bring commiosioner when it happened. Good timing on his part. Now viewership is declining due to the boneheaded way he's handled the protesting, player discipline etc. Doesn't seem like he has earned a hefty raise and even more benefits. I think he gets more credit than deserved. Like I said, I'd like to hear what the owners say about him. He has to be doing something right, just don't see it from my perspective.
Old 11-16-2017, 05:33 PM   #25
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
That!
The other thing!
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 05:38 PM   #26
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
What has he done individually to make them lots of moeny? Did he negotiate the TV contracts himself? I think the NFL made lots of money and he had the luck of bring commiosioner when it happened. Good timing on his part. Now viewership is declining due to the boneheaded way he's handled the protesting, player discipline etc. Doesn't seem like he has earned a hefty raise and even more benefits. I think he gets more credit than deserved. Like I said, I'd like to hear what the owners say about him. He has to be doing something right, just don't see it from my perspective.
Doesn't matter how much credit you give him for the ratings rise and the associated rise in money the NFL made, the fact is he takes the blame for everything and under his leadership profits have risen exponentially. The majority of owners who haven't been punished by him for some reason or other see the dollar signs, which is why the vote was unanimous to let the compensation committee negotiate his extension.
Old 11-16-2017, 06:16 PM   #27
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Doesn't matter how much credit you give him for the ratings rise and the associated rise in money the NFL made, the fact is he takes the blame for everything and under his leadership profits have risen exponentially. The majority of owners who haven't been punished by him for some reason or other see the dollar signs, which is why the vote was unanimous to let the compensation committee negotiate his extension.
I just don't like the guy lol. Oh well. Doesn't really effect the Skins much I guess.
Old 11-16-2017, 07:16 PM   #28
MTK
\m/

Quote:

Yes he’s involved in the negotiations of the TV deals and growing the league.

You think he gets more credit than he deserves?? What credit does he ever get??
Old 11-16-2017, 08:04 PM   #29
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/m...m-jerry-jones/

Please god let this be true. Jerry Jones as a human being is a first class piece of excrement. I hate the cowboys sure, but I hate Jones even more. He is a racist piece of garbage.
Old 11-16-2017, 08:44 PM   #30
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Yes he’s involved in the negotiations of the TV deals and growing the league.

You think he gets more credit than he deserves?? What credit does he ever get??
The only credit that matters, 50 million per year worth of credit.