Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Terrell Pryor Sr.

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-24-2017, 11:06 AM   #16
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Re: Terrell Pryor Sr.

Terrelle Pryor benched as Redskins seek more production at WR - Washington Redskins Blog- ESPN

From the article:

“It’s just the chemistry of the offense,” he said. “It’s a spread-the-ball-around offense. Like I said, it’s early. There are a lot of guys around the league starting fresh with new quarterbacks that isn’t killing the game, either. We have 10 games left. We’ll see what happens.”

In CLE he was there only weapon so they probably geared the offense to him in the passing game. Here unless you are hot he is going to only get a few good looks a game. He has to make the most of those looks, if he is running bad routes KC is going check down to better options.

Who knows, maybe he just sucks and last year was a flash in the pan.

Advertisements
Old 10-24-2017, 11:09 AM   #17
Ruhskins
Living Legend

For the Pierre Garcon crowd, both Kyle S. and Sean McVeigh were bidding on Garcon, which made him an expensive commodity.

I believe the team tried to get DJax, but got outbid by Tampa Bay.

I don't blame the team going after Pryor, he was a low risk/high reward sign. But his ineffectiveness, along with both Crowder and Reed not doing much, has made the matter worst.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 11:17 AM   #18
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

We knew what we were getting, which is a ex-qb still transitioning into a new role. His story ain't over yet but it doesn't look promising. Skins knew what they were doing, hence why it was a 1 year deal. After this year I doubt we bring him back. Obviously the trust between Kirk and Papa Doc isn't there yet, but he's in the same boat. He just needs PT to grow and become more comfortable. Once he learns routes, learns to come back to the qb, becomes a more effective run blocker, the trust between him and Kirk will grow.
Old 10-24-2017, 12:39 PM   #19
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
Terrelle Pryor benched as Redskins seek more production at WR - Washington Redskins Blog- ESPN

From the article:

“It’s just the chemistry of the offense,” he said. “It’s a spread-the-ball-around offense. Like I said, it’s early. There are a lot of guys around the league starting fresh with new quarterbacks that isn’t killing the game, either. We have 10 games left. We’ll see what happens.”

In CLE he was there only weapon so they probably geared the offense to him in the passing game. Here unless you are hot he is going to only get a few good looks a game. He has to make the most of those looks, if he is running bad routes KC is going check down to better options.

Who knows, maybe he just sucks and last year was a flash in the pan.

He just doesn't have the quickness to get open much, he's got good straight speed but so do most WRs .
Old 10-24-2017, 12:42 PM   #20
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
He just doesn't have the quickness to get open much, he's got good straight speed but so do most WRs .

Plus he cannot catch. Lol. He will probably be our quarterback when KC leaves. Lol
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 01:56 PM   #21
vallin21
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
I would say at this point cut your loses and try to trade or cut him and promote Robert Davis from the PS. Davis can’t be any worse.
Agreed. Major Non-factor
vallin21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 02:03 PM   #22
mredskins
Gamebreaker

For those proposing the trade. Do you think TP is good enough to fetch a flavored bag of potato chips or will just be a plain bag of potato chips?

Why do folks think when we have a piece of garbage on a piece of garbage team that anyone would trade with us!!!!!
Old 10-24-2017, 02:31 PM   #23
jamf
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
For the Pierre Garcon crowd, both Kyle S. and Sean McVeigh were bidding on Garcon, which made him an expensive commodity.

I believe the team tried to get DJax, but got outbid by Tampa Bay.

I don't blame the team going after Pryor, he was a low risk/high reward sign. But his ineffectiveness, along with both Crowder and Reed not doing much, has made the matter worst.
I don't agree that he was a low risk signing. With Doctson starting on the other side, we needed production from the X WR.

They needed to overpay for Garcon, he earned it.
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 02:36 PM   #24
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post
I don't agree that he was a low risk signing. With Doctson starting on the other side, we needed production from the X WR.

I think, but may be 100% wrong, that the team expected KC and his agent to negotiate from their starting offer, so they planned to save cap space by letting Garcon and DJax walk. I'm not saying KC was wrong with staying on the tag, but I think the inability for the two sides to even negotiate negatively impacted the teams financial plannings around the cap.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 03:11 PM   #25
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Let’s call TP what he is, a complete bust signing. Fuck this guy. We need to find a solid vet to bring in this season.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 03:51 PM   #26
Meks
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Plus he cannot catch. Lol. He will probably be our quarterback when KC leaves. Lol
lolllllllll agreed.
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 06:35 PM   #27
REDSKINS4ever
Playmaker

I can't say I'm disappointed with Pryor....this is on Scott Campbell and Doug Williams.....they obviously didn't evaluate Pryor properly.... he's a quarterback playing wide receiver.... he's not a wide receiver....he only excelled in Cleveland last year because they had to pass a lot.....his perpetual drops don't irritate me anymore.
Old 10-24-2017, 10:35 PM   #28
Ruhskins
Living Legend

I don't understand what is it about a 1-year 6 million dollar deal that people call a player a bust. I mean, if the team had given Pryor a multi-year contract with a lot of guaranteed money, then yeah he's a bust.

Financially, Pryor's deal is low risk. The team can opt not to sign him next year (which will most likely happen), and the loss is minimal.

From a football perspective, yeah it sucks that he is not living up to his performance last year. But as I said before, it is made worst by the fact that Reed has been (and to me it still looks like he's) hurt, Crowder has not taken that next step that I feel the team thought he would take. Doctson is coming along, but not enough to help the passing game (I think he'll get there).
R.I.P. #21
Old 10-24-2017, 10:36 PM   #29
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDSKINS4ever View Post
I can't say I'm disappointed with Pryor....this is on Scott Campbell and Doug Williams.....they obviously didn't evaluate Pryor properly.... he's a quarterback playing wide receiver.... he's not a wide receiver....he only excelled in Cleveland last year because they had to pass a lot.....his perpetual drops don't irritate me anymore.
You win some, you lose some. For a T. Pryor that they missed, they hit on Zach Brown (same situation, free agent on a 1-year prove it deal).
R.I.P. #21
Old 10-24-2017, 11:33 PM   #30
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post

You couldn't overpay Garcon with the shape the defense was in. Could not do it.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote