Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Redskins vs.Cowboys)

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 11-22-2009, 07:53 PM   #16
DBUCHANON101
The Starter

Re: Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Redskins vs.Cowboys)

We are att he bottom of the div, why not go for the endzone with 15 sec left? Zorn is coaching scared and we lost from a result....that and missing 2 fg's and dropping a int. I was disguisted after the game, i had to put my newborn son down and go outside to do a couple of walks around the house. hats off to the defense and the offense did ok considering the injuries, but we have to pull that one out.

Advertisements
Old 11-22-2009, 07:54 PM   #17
wolfeskins
The Starter

i would rather the skins punted the ball instead of trying to kick a 50 yard fg. long missed field goals almost always lead to the other team getting points (i'd love to see some stats on that). i knew the skins would run that draw play on 3rd down (horrible and very predictable call) i also knew the skins would miss the long fg and dallas would then drive down and score. the outcome of that game was so predictable.
Old 11-22-2009, 07:56 PM   #18
DBUCHANON101
The Starter

I agree, i told my wife when dallas got the ball that the skins would lose 7-6. she laughed and said there was still time. I told her she was not familiar with how we do things here lately.
Old 11-22-2009, 07:57 PM   #19
SC Skins Fan
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
Should have run a play right before the half instead of kicking the FG with 15 ticks still on the clock. Go endzone, be aggressive.
Especially after the fiasco with Riveron and his band of idiots (hands down the worst team in the NFL ... I hate when I see they are calling a game and I've been saying that long before todays cluster f). Suisham had been standing on the field for what, 10 minutes? Run another play, if for no other reason than resetting the kicking unit. Even if you just throw the ball away. I guess Zorn was worried about Campbell getting quick pressure and taking a sack. That would be my guess.
Old 11-22-2009, 08:01 PM   #20
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

during the referee boondoggle, All i was thinking is, come on Zorn draw up the perfect play.

Actually I was thinking that Marko at the back of the endzone would be an excellent site...
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 08:01 PM   #21
Beemnseven
Pro Bowl

I really hope people don't start blaming Suisham for this loss. Suisham isn't the reason we lost today. When you have to pin all of your hopes on the kicker, there are some serious underlying problems.
Beemnseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 08:03 PM   #22
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBUCHANON101 View Post
We are att he bottom of the div, why not go for the endzone with 15 sec left? Zorn is coaching scared and we lost from a result....that and missing 2 fg's and dropping a int. I was disguisted after the game, i had to put my newborn son down and go outside to do a couple of walks around the house. hats off to the defense and the offense did ok considering the injuries, but we have to pull that one out.
I didn't have a problem with the call at the end of the half. We're on or around the 20 yard line. What are the chances of us scoring a TD? Very very slim to none. My problem was the 3rd and 2 give up draw play.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 08:03 PM   #23
Beemnseven
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBUCHANON101 View Post
I agree, i told my wife when dallas got the ball that the skins would lose 7-6. she laughed and said there was still time. I told her she was not familiar with how we do things here lately.
Yep, the three guys I was watching the game with all agreed -- we would lose 7-6. Damn if it didn't happen.
Beemnseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 08:04 PM   #24
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemnseven View Post
I really hope people don't start blaming Suisham for this loss. Suisham isn't the reason we lost today. When you have to pin all of your hopes on the kicker, there are some serious underlying problems.
I agree. TD's win football games, not FG's. But the 39 yarder was terrible. Gotta make that.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 08:06 PM   #25
GMScud
Swearinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
during the referee boondoggle, All i was thinking is, come on Zorn draw up the perfect play.

Actually I was thinking that Marko at the back of the endzone would be an excellent site...
That's exactly what I said to my fiancee. Throw a fade to one of our big WRs. If it doesn't work, then attempt the FG on 4th down.

I wonder if it was Sherm Lewis or Zorn making that call.
Old 11-22-2009, 08:08 PM   #26
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Zorn said in his presser that he didn't want to risk a sack or catching it in bounds so he made the call to kick it. First the pass should only go in the endzone or through the endzone. it was an over cautious call by Zorn in a situation that called for "managed" risk.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 08:24 PM   #27
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Zorn said in his presser that he didn't want to risk a sack or catching it in bounds so he made the call to kick it. First the pass should only go in the endzone or through the endzone. it was an over cautious call by Zorn in a situation that called for "managed" risk.
Newsflash: Zorn is incompetent!
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 08:26 PM   #28
mlmdub130
Playmaker

Quote:

was marko active? i didn't see him once today if he was

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 08:30 PM   #29
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
I agree. TD's win football games, not FG's. But the 39 yarder was terrible. Gotta make that.
Not Suisham's fault. Danny Smith shouldn't have kept Suisham on the field for 10-15 minutes while the refs conferred. He should have called Suisham to the sidelines to kick a few into the net to stay loose.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 08:40 PM   #30
ArtMonkDrillz
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trample the Elderly View Post
I just don't understand it? They had time to take a shot and kick the FG?
Yeah, I was trying to explain why they would want to try to kick the FG on 3-and-1 with 15 seconds left to my sister, and mid-way through my attempt I just said "Actually, you're right. This makes NO sense."