WR Marshall Benched by McDaniels

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 01-02-2010, 01:34 PM   #16
47FAN
Impact Rookie

Re: WR Marshall Benched by McDaniels

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53Fan View Post
He sat him because he wouldn't play. I know, kind of redundant isn't it?
ok. read that he doesnt want to play for the reason he doesnt want to take a chance on getting hurt at the end of his contract year. you would think he would play if its possible.
47FAN is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 01-02-2010, 01:37 PM   #17
Redskin Warrior
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Let's recap the general vibe of the Warpath the last two years "We need linemen....we need linemen...we need linemen...we drafted 2 WRs and 1 receiving TE in the 2nd round?? Our Front Office is so stupid!!!...we need linemen....we need linemen...We don't need to trade for OchoCinco! We don't need any damn receivers! Damnit. Our front office is sooo stupid!!....we need linemen...we need to stop trading picks for other team's malcontents...we don't need more receivers....we need linemen...our front office is so stupid....we'll probably need a RB...maybe a QB....our front office is so stupid. Why did we draft WRs when we needed linemen....we don't need to keep trading picks....our front office is so stupid....hey let's go after Brandon Marshall!!"
I 100% agree it has been shifting from this to that and so on but I would rather have Marshall over T.O. if he was looking to acqurie a big time WR like the rumors have been. I have just faced the fact that the new regime will completely rearrange the roster some will stay some will go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
First they ban winning...now this?
Redskin Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 01:42 PM   #18
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Let's recap the general vibe of the Warpath the last two years "We need linemen....we need linemen...we need linemen...we drafted 2 WRs and 1 receiving TE in the 2nd round?? Our Front Office is so stupid!!!...we need linemen....we need linemen...We don't need to trade for OchoCinco! We don't need any damn receivers! Damnit. Our front office is sooo stupid!!....we need linemen...we need to stop trading picks for other team's malcontents...we don't need more receivers....we need linemen...our front office is so stupid....we'll probably need a RB...maybe a QB....our front office is so stupid. Why did we draft WRs when we needed linemen....we don't need to keep trading picks....our front office is so stupid....hey let's go after Brandon Marshall!!"
lolololol...no doubt....I wouldnt give a draft pick but Cooley or Laron..hmmmm might do that...

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 01:50 PM   #19
SBXVII
Franchise Player

I'm not for nor against it. He would definitly make us better at the WR spot yet might hurt us if Shanahan can't keep his ego in check.

I don't like the fact that somewhere I read Denver might command a 1st round pick for him which I would not want to give up. Unless it's next years cause I would assume we will be a better team next year and be farther down in the draft. I figure Shanahan will want his franchise QB this year while were so high in the draft.

If Denver didn't command a lot for him I'd say take him.

People say all the time that they don't want any head cases on their team but it's the head cases that have all the talent, or so it seems. R.Moss, T.O., Ochocinco, and Portis a few years back. I mean I loved Gibbs and his idea of picking players with good character, but honestly I could settle for one or two on the team if it makes us a contender for the future. As an example look at T.O. he will be a FA at seasons end. Shanahan tried to pick him up in Denver when he still had a job with them. T.O. was not so bad in San Fran, was not bad with the Eagles until the year he left, was almost an angle in dallas and honestly even I saw times when Romo should have been able to get the ball to him but didn't. He goes to Buffalo and has been the team player everyone wants. Kept his mouth shut through the whole first half of the season when their crappy QB couldn't get the ball to him.

Again I'm not for nor against them, but if they can some what be kept in check and still help this team then I'm for it. I know T.O. is a FA are there any others available so we don't have to give up the farm to get them?
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 01:58 PM   #20
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
I agree with everything you said. But it's not everyday that a player of this caliber might be on the block. Marshall is a total beast. Shanahan knows how to handle this guy and it looks like he's done some growing up. McDaniels is way off questioning is toughness. If he out there this off season we had better try and make a move. Both Marshall and Tony S. might be available.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 02:04 PM   #21
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Quote:
On this note I totally agree with you. Which is why I don't want us throwing draft picks away for one of the elite WR's. I'd rather us pick up OL, OL, OL, and protect our QB better in order to get the ball to the WR's we do have. But if an elite WR is available with out trading or throwing draft picks away then I'm for it. simply bring them in for a moderate amount.
Old 01-02-2010, 02:05 PM   #22
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
I agree with everything you said. But it's not everyday that a player of this caliber might be on the block. Marshall is a total beast. Shanahan knows how to handle this guy and it looks like he's done some growing up. McDaniels is way off questioning is toughness. If he out there this off season we had better try and make a move. Both Marshall and Tony S. might be available.
McDaniels is not questioning his toughness, McDaniels is questioning his effort. The same goes with Scheffler.

We have spent a season questioning the efforts of folks like Portis. Why do we want to add more folks with questionable work ethics?
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 02:15 PM   #23
53Fan
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
McDaniels is not questioning his toughness, McDaniels is questioning his effort. The same goes with Scheffler.

We have spent a season questioning the efforts of folks like Portis. Why do we want to add more folks with questionable work ethics?
We like to bitch.
Old 01-02-2010, 02:25 PM   #24
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Quote:
When I heard or read this yesterday my first thought was could Shanahan be playing a part in this? Marshall has been a good little boy since the blow up at the beginning of the season. Now it looks like the bad blood is starting all over. What team is going to pay a decent price for a malcontent? Drop his value for by being a malcontent. Enable Shanahan to make a trade for him and DS pays him like top flight.

I guess I'm always looking for the conspiracy theory.
Old 01-02-2010, 03:58 PM   #25
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
I'm surprised that you would want Marshall on the team, we already have "me" players in Hall and Landry. This is the last thing this team needs, let's concentrate on rebuilding the line, we already have some young talent at WR coming to their own.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 06:50 PM   #26
mlmdub130
Playmaker

the good news out pf this for a redskins fan is, now with marshall benched kc has a better chance of winning which is one step out three which would land us a higher draft pick, we also need tampa to beat atlanta and clevland to beat jacksonville

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 07:49 PM   #27
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmdub130 View Post
the good news out pf this for a redskins fan is, now with marshall benched kc has a better chance of winning which is one step out three which would land us a higher draft pick, we also need tampa to beat atlanta and clevland to beat jacksonville
Yes. I rarely root for Tampa or KC but I will tomorrow.
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 01:40 AM   #28
Texanskin
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
On this note I totally agree with you. Which is why I don't want us throwing draft picks away for one of the elite WR's. I'd rather us pick up OL, OL, OL, and protect our QB better in order to get the ball to the WR's we do have. But if an elite WR is available with out trading or throwing draft picks away then I'm for it. simply bring them in for a moderate amount.

Good brother...this has been my theme the whole season...OL,OL,OL....and we need to start KEEPING ALL of our draft picks. Only acquire FA via trade of players.
Old 01-03-2010, 01:54 AM   #29
KLHJ2
Inactive

We need lineman, We need lineman, We need lineman, We need lineman, We need lineman, We need lineman, We need lineman, We need lineman, We need lineman, We need lineman...then lets go after Brandon Marshall if we can afford to.
KLHJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 04:06 AM   #30
budw38
Playmaker

Quote:
Perfect !
budw38 is offline   Reply With Quote