Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Cerrato's Not (Just) Incompetent - He's Oblivioius (Offensive Line / Dysfunctional Coaching Staff Related)

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 11-23-2009, 01:20 PM   #16
redsk1
The Starter

Re: Cerrato's Not (Just) Incompetent - He's Oblivioius (Offensive Line / Dysfunctional Coaching Staff Related)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
^This is what baffles me? Would you rather have an excellent QB who is not getting the ball off in time before the rush gets to him or gets sacked or is running for his life or would you be willing to for go the QB position for one yr and build up the OL some so the QB, whoever is behind center, has more time to throw and not getting creamed?

I imagine JC is gone after this season. Snyder is not impressed with JC and JC is not impressed with how he was handled this off season. So I doubt he stays....unless whoever is the new HC seriously talks DS and JC into keeping JC on this team. Which I doubt will happen.

It's now painfully obvious we need young healthy talent on the O-line. Can we atleast build that up so no matter who is QBing or RBing is going to do half decent?
I hear you but let me be the devil's advocate for a sec. It's too early to decide on QB/OL, but just for speculation. Again, i don't know how talented any of the QB's that are coming out and i don't know where we are going to pick either. Let's just say though you have the chance to draft a QB w/ a very high ceiling. Maybe a Rivers, P Manning, Brees, Ben R, etc. I think you may have to jump on that opportunity. Do they all work out? No. Could you imagine us being the team who passed said QB?

Not saying we absolutely have to draft a QB. If ones out there that we're high on, we may want to. Don't totally just nix the QB idea.
redsk1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-23-2009, 01:20 PM   #17
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Re: Cerrato's Not (Just) Incompetent - He's Oblivioius (Offensive Line / Dysfunctional Coaching Staff Related)

firstdown: I have heard Buges several times before this season and last season saying how strong we where along the O line. That leads me to believe that just maybe Buges could be part of the problem and Cerrato not persuing more lines players based of what Buges is telling him.

Please don't make any excuses up for Cerrato. Don't give him any amunition for DS to want to retain him one more year.

Trample: I could see parting ways with both of them.

As much as I have liked Buges in the past....I have to agree now. I think our O-line needs a make over with young healthy talented players with a whole different blocking scheme. Maybe the injury bug will go away.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 01:25 PM   #18
53Fan
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trample the Elderly View Post
Perhaps, but that doesn't explain why they didn't get any last year in the draft. Everyone knew we had a glarring need on the O?
I agree. But they give Buges crap and expect him to turn it into gold. The result? Look at our line.
Old 11-23-2009, 01:26 PM   #19
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsk1 View Post
I hear you but let me be the devil's advocate for a sec. It's too early to decide on QB/OL, but just for speculation. Again, i don't know how talented any of the QB's that are coming out and i don't know where we are going to pick either. Let's just say though you have the chance to draft a QB w/ a very high ceiling. Maybe a Rivers, P Manning, Brees, Ben R, etc. I think you may have to jump on that opportunity. Do they all work out? No. Could you imagine us being the team who passed said QB?

Not saying we absolutely have to draft a QB. If ones out there that we're high on, we may want to. Don't totally just nix the QB idea.
No I haven't. The glaring need is OL but I know that if we are picking in the top 6 and a top notch QB is available we will pick them. I can't see any HC whoever comes in passing on bringing in "his" QB for "his" system. Levi I think will do well for atleast 3 more years. Heck Jansen is what? 32- 34? Levi still has some time. If not injured.

If QB is the way they will go then 2nd round pick a RT. Pick up a late round RB. Pick up some more OL, maybe a SAM, and maybe another CB. Let all the UFA's know we will conduct an OL camp to see who will be the OL in 2010. Come one come all.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 01:33 PM   #20
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
firstdown: I have heard Buges several times before this season and last season saying how strong we where along the O line. That leads me to believe that just maybe Buges could be part of the problem and Cerrato not persuing more lines players based of what Buges is telling him.

Please don't make any excuses up for Cerrato. Don't give him any amunition for DS to want to retain him one more year.

Trample: I could see parting ways with both of them.

As much as I have liked Buges in the past....I have to agree now. I think our O-line needs a make over with young healthy talented players with a whole different blocking scheme. Maybe the injury bug will go away.
I don't make excuses for people but I do feel that buges has some role in us not addressing our line problems.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 01:44 PM   #21
Trample the Elderly
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53Fan View Post
I agree. But they give Buges crap and expect him to turn it into gold. The result? Look at our line.
No doubt, but I don't think he should be absolved of this.
Old 11-23-2009, 01:52 PM   #22
53Fan
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trample the Elderly View Post
No doubt, but I don't think he should be absolved of this.
I understand what you're saying Tramp. I just think Buges mindset is, no excuses, I'll make do with what I have. The FO knows Buges will give it his best shot but should be smart enough to know he doesn't have much to work with. Considering what he's had this year, it's amazing we're even close in any games. I'd hate to be JC playing behind these guys. Somehow he hasn't been killed yet and maybe some of that credit should go to Buges. Just a thought.
Old 11-23-2009, 01:55 PM   #23
redsk1
The Starter

Quote:
No I haven't. The glaring need is OL but I know that if we are picking in the top 6 and a top notch QB is available we will pick them. I can't see any HC whoever comes in passing on bringing in "his" QB for "his" system. Levi I think will do well for atleast 3 more years. Heck Jansen is what? 32- 34? Levi still has some time. If not injured.

If QB is the way they will go then 2nd round pick a RT. Pick up a late round RB. Pick up some more OL, maybe a SAM, and maybe another CB. Let all the UFA's know we will conduct an OL camp to see who will be the OL in 2010. Come one come all.
Yea, obviously one way or another we've got to bring in some young talent on the OL. This is going to take some time. It's going to take a few years of shrewd moves by our FO to get us out of what we're in right now. That would be by our new FO guys. Hopefully..
redsk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 02:24 PM   #24
Defensewins
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
I don't make excuses for people but I do feel that buges has some role in us not addressing our line problems.
If Ceratto was a good GM he would make his own decisions regardless of what his coaches tell him. Bugel is not a GM. Is Cerratto now the O-line coach?
You take your coaches player evaluations and you make your own assessment from that. Ceratto's eyes work don't they? I guess not, since he has to depend on Bugel for all of his O-line assessments.
We had just come off a 2008 season where our running game and O-line fell apart as the season wore on. Add to that our O-line is old and injury prone. That same line is now a year older (in 2009) and not getting any younger. Did he not think the same thing would happen again a year later? Which it did.
Defensewins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 02:34 PM   #25
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I'm not sure where Cerrato says here that the Redskins don't have similar problems. On a side note, I'm still not sure why the Redskins (Cerrato) picked up a veteran starting G/T in Jeremy Bridges and he couldn't crack the final roster. On a side to the side note, it is kind of funny to read in this forum today about how much the Redskins suffered from losing Rinehart to injury when many of those people have spent the last two years calling him a bum who shouldn't be on the team anyway.
I also thought it was odd that Bridges didn't stick here. We sure could have used him.
Old 11-23-2009, 02:39 PM   #26
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
What do we have to gain from keeping Campbell just for one more year to hold down the fort? Either fully commit to him long-term or make the switch now (now meaning end of the season). Sure, maybe Clausen or Bradford or whoever takes his lumps in 2010. But that's fine if it means our QB is a step ahead of the curve come 2011.
I agree 100% with your logic in theory - but not when it comes to our situation in 2010.

If we draft a top QB in the draft next year, there's no way we should start him behind a line as bad as this one... it would just be too much to ask of a rookie QB. Besides, none of the top QBs in this draft impress me as being "NFL-ready." There's potential there, sure - but i wouldnt be confident investing a top 10 pick in any of them. My opinion may change as the draft approaches (it always does), but at this point, thats how i feel. Sanchez seemed more NFL-ready in college than any of these guys and look how he's playing in his rookie season.

Keeping Campbell for another year wouldnt do a thing for the franchise or Campbell in 2010 - it would just allow us to remain competitive while redshirting whatever QB we draft before he took over in 2011.
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 02:46 PM   #27
FRPLG
MVP

It isn't worth drafting a good QB if we're simply going to stick him behind a bad line. It's bad policy. Build a line first. We can start positive momentum and maybe even win games with a good line and a half average QB. We'll be back here again in 5 years if try to win with a bad line and a good QB. Done smartly we can rebuild our line in one year. ONE YEAR. Once that is in place we'd have a solid set of TEs and maybe one starting level WR out of the crew we currently have. Add a RB, one of the easiest spots to replace, especially with a good line, a good wr and even an average QB can score 21 a game with that. Try it the other way around and we're back to square one. Build from the line up please please please.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 02:50 PM   #28
rbanerjee23
The Starter

ahahaha what a dumbass? I cannot believe this guy was hired, he has the iq of a piece of broccolli

-Mike Shanahan

HTTR
rbanerjee23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 03:12 PM   #29
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
I also thought it was odd that Bridges didn't stick here. We sure could have used him.
If you put a face on every Redskins season since 2004, this year's face would be Mike Williams. A guy who was signed at basically no cost, and then the organization decided for some ungodly reason that it had really found something and could use this reclaimation project to help build the next great era of Redskins football.

He first started when this was a 2-2 team that could have gone either way, and started four consecutive games, all of which losses, and never really underachieved expectations, he was just what everyone thought he would be. And he played a big role on this offense, for no real good reason.
Old 11-23-2009, 03:15 PM   #30
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG View Post
It isn't worth drafting a good QB if we're simply going to stick him behind a bad line. It's bad policy. Build a line first. We can start positive momentum and maybe even win games with a good line and a half average QB. We'll be back here again in 5 years if try to win with a bad line and a good QB. Done smartly we can rebuild our line in one year. ONE YEAR. Once that is in place we'd have a solid set of TEs and maybe one starting level WR out of the crew we currently have. Add a RB, one of the easiest spots to replace, especially with a good line, a good wr and even an average QB can score 21 a game with that. Try it the other way around and we're back to square one. Build from the line up please please please.
Do we need to draft an OL in the first round though to build the line? Why can't we draft OL in the 2nd round, trade for a pick in the 3rd and draft another there (RB in the 4th), OL in the 5th round?