Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Board Management > Thread Hell

It's time for Mr. Snyder to step down!

Thread Hell

Old 11-12-2007, 04:54 PM   #1
Daseal
Puppy Kicker

Re: It's time for Mr. Synder to step down!

This is nuts. Snyder does nothing except for sign checks. I just don't understand how people can blame him. As I've said before, wouldn't trade him for any owner in the league.
Old 11-12-2007, 05:10 PM   #2
Campbell17
Impact Rookie

is this another shot at the skins for the L? Honestly, every team has some games where they fall up short. Indy did last night.
Old 11-12-2007, 05:11 PM   #3
MTK
\m/

Enough with the dumb step down threads already. We still have 7 games to go.
Old 11-12-2007, 05:38 PM   #4
MTRedskinsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
Enough with the dumb step down threads already. We still have 7 games to go.
Wisely said. Nothing is changing until after December.
Old 11-12-2007, 07:29 PM   #5
Lady Brave
The Starter

I know nothing of this "Mr. Synder" you speak of, so I googled his pic. Apparently the franchise has been sold to Capt. Kangaroo.

Old 11-12-2007, 05:34 PM   #6
MTRedskinsFan

This thread is the epitome of inane. In the first place Snyder is the owner, so he never 'steps down,' he only gets bought out, and as savvy as our owner is that's just not in the cards. Second, one of the bankers I work w/ is a huge Bears fan who knows what it's like to have an owner that won't spend much on the team, coaching, facilities, etc. He is familiar w/ Snyder and the Redskins and actually said many teams he would like it if Snyder would buy the Bears too (which is retarded because everybody who's read about Snyder knows he's a huge Skins fan and not much into ball otherwise).

But lastly, I just watched the Gibbs presser and still don't see any fire and brimstone there. I keep asking the question here and never seem to get an answer: does Gibbs look like he's really into this? I don't see it, but maybe that's just me.
Old 11-13-2007, 10:37 PM   #7
GusFrerotte

Re: It's time for Mr. Snyder to step down!

I know I have been calling for Cowher to come in a season earlier than planned, but the franchise going down the tubes isn't Snyder's fault. Cooke didn't have a very good plan in play once Coach retired and then it just went downhill from there. Pettibone should not have been made the HC, then they bring in the hot shot from Dallas that wasn't and never will be HC material. Danny fired his ass and got Marty. Only two major mistakes Danny really did was getting those Wheeze Kids in 2001 and letting Marty go. It took 5 games, but the team started to buy into Marty's approach and looked like a decent team, even with Tony Banks as the QB. In hindsight Spurrier might be considered a mistake, but it was a sexy gamble that just didn't play out. Danny thought the Fun n Gun might work in the NFL as was wrong. Who knows? It could have been the replacement for the West Coast Offense if it had a chance.
Old 11-12-2007, 07:38 PM   #8
skinsguy
Pro Bowl

I think I should start a thread saying it's time for some Redskins fans to step down.
Old 11-13-2007, 12:32 AM   #9
ncskinsfanec
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy View Post
I think I should start a thread saying it's time for some Redskins fans to step down.
I'll get that up and running.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:28 AM   #10
SouperMeister
Playmaker

I'm no Dan Snyder apologist, but what has the guy done wrong since bringing Gibbs back? He has taken a back seat and financially granted Gibbs' every wish. He has financed the most highly paid coaching staff, hand picked by Gibbs. He has shelled out signing bonuses for numerous Gibbs acquisitions that have worked out great (Griffin, Springs, Washington, Portis, Fletcher, etc.). Snyder may have been a meddling presence prior to Gibbs, but what exactly do you see him doing now that is hurting the team??? Would you prefer that we had the Bidwills as owners? At least Snyder is trying to win and seemingly backing Gibbs' every request.
Old 11-14-2007, 12:36 AM   #11
chrisl4064

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouperMeister View Post
I'm no Dan Snyder apologist, but what has the guy done wrong since bringing Gibbs back? He has taken a back seat and financially granted Gibbs' every wish. He has financed the most highly paid coaching staff, hand picked by Gibbs. He has shelled out signing bonuses for numerous Gibbs acquisitions that have worked out great (Griffin, Springs, Washington, Portis, Fletcher, etc.). Snyder may have been a meddling presence prior to Gibbs, but what exactly do you see him doing now that is hurting the team??? Would you prefer that we had the Bidwills as owners? At least Snyder is trying to win and seemingly backing Gibbs' every request.

Well for starters he brought Gibbs back. Honestly and this may be me being the usual pessimist that i am, i believe he brought Gibbs back as a marketing stunt for this team. What better way to sell merchandise and fill the seats than to bring back the beloved coach. Nevermind hes old and haggard, the people love him, worship his every move. I moved off the Gibbs bandwagon when Gibbs moved to NASCAR. I was pissed he left and even more pissed we brought him back. I am not however pissed at Danny, Danny has done what every owner does (or tries to do), fill the seats. To be honest, thats all he cares about, which is fine, but we need to get other management in there who know how to construct a good team.
Old 11-14-2007, 01:25 AM   #12
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisl4064 View Post
Well for starters he brought Gibbs back. Honestly and this may be me being the usual pessimist that i am, i believe he brought Gibbs back as a marketing stunt for this team. What better way to sell merchandise and fill the seats than to bring back the beloved coach. Nevermind hes old and haggard, the people love him, worship his every move. I moved off the Gibbs bandwagon when Gibbs moved to NASCAR. I was pissed he left and even more pissed we brought him back. I am not however pissed at Danny, Danny has done what every owner does (or tries to do), fill the seats. To be honest, thats all he cares about, which is fine, but we need to get other management in there who know how to construct a good team.
I don't understand the whole "I moved off the Gibbs bandwagon when Gibbs moved to NASCAR" argument, nor the "old and haggard"

I think it's unfair to make unsubstantiated assumptions like all Snyder cares is about is filling the seats.
Old 11-14-2007, 08:33 AM   #13
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Gibbs wouldn't come back to coach as part of a "marketing stunt". That's just so ridiculous it barely warrants a response. It makes me wonder if you really understand what goes into coaching a NFL team. The time committment alone is insane, there's no way someone does it half-hearted, unless your name is Spurrier of course.
Old 11-14-2007, 01:24 PM   #14
SouperMeister
Playmaker

Quote:
You are a pessimist if you weren't happy the day Gibbs came back. That was one of my happiest days as a Skins fan. It hasn't worked out as planned, but I'd say the Danny was more concerned with giving the Skins their best chance to win than the marketing angle. Great marketing was a nice side-effect. My point is that The Danny hasn't meddled with the team since Gibbs was hired. Gibbs has had final say on all football matters, and he has had Snyder's complete financial backing. That to me is an owner allowing his football guy to run the operation. Is that not what you want from an owner?
Old 11-13-2007, 09:45 AM   #15
hagams
Impact Rookie

I don't remember where I heard this, but the Washington Redskins is the most marketable franchise in all sports. Hmmm....Snyder stepping down? Not.