Didier was agood TE I remember him.

Advertisements
Old 05-21-2010, 08:26 AM   #17
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Re: Sarah Palin Endorses Clint Didier For Senate

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
Damn you, Buster. i was hoping my homie Firstdown was going to reply first! Oh well...

Yeah, Obama's endorsements are fail big time. I think he needs to chill for a while. Hell, maybe he should endorse a Tea Party candidate!

I could make a case about Coakley and Spector, but I really don't feel like going there. That is until Firstdown weighs in!!

I believe he is on vacation lets all enjoy this time without him. =)
Old 05-21-2010, 08:31 AM   #18
joethiesmanfan
The Starter

WOO HOO after November the small government utopia begins. I am still waitng on the communism that was supposed come after the 08 election, oh well I guess now i can look forward to no taxes utopia!!!!
Old 05-21-2010, 09:59 AM   #19
over the mountain
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemnseven View Post
Oh good christ. They're after him because of what he said about legislation passed over 40 years ago when he was a year old?

It looks as though he has problems with the idea of government forcing private businesses to accept customers they don't want to accept -- much like the reasons Barry Goldwater was against the law. Not because he was a racist or that he hated blacks. Mainly that it was not an area where the federal government has any constitutional jurisdiction.

From a strictly libertarian point of view -- can anyone articulate what the difference is between being forced to allow a customer into your private business and being forced to allow someone into your home?

At what point does the question of freedom of association come into this?
The law was passed in part b/c black people could not find any hotels or motels that would allow them to stay in Florida and the southern states as they traveled down I-95. A florida state case was the case that was brought up to the SC. The SC used the "interstate commerce clause" to stretch the Federal arm into state's rights to regulate their own businesses and laws.

IIRC If florida or any other state wants to allow their hotels and motels to discriminate based upon race, the can but will not recieve any of the federal to state funding for their raodways, etc.
Old 05-21-2010, 10:17 AM   #20
Slingin Sammy 33
Playmaker

Quote:
Yeah after Rand Paul's latetest blunder, I have a feeling that the Tea Party and it's candidates will start to finally come under more scrutiny. But again, that's not what this thread is about
Paul's blunder was blindly walking into a trap. He should've never been on Maddow. She's been throwing race-bombs at the Tea Party for some time. She's Chris Matthews on steriods....with the same haircut. Nothing good could come from him being on that show. He should've foreseen that coming, and not allowed himself to be cornered like he was.

I don't know the man, but I'd bet a good sum of money he's not a racist. He was trying to stay true to his stance of very limited gov't at the expense of what is practically right (no reasonable person believes businesses should be allowed to discriminate against people based on the color of their skin). There are some cases where Fed intervention is needed, the Civil Rights Act was one of them.

Paul better get used to these type of attacks and playing on the big stage with big boy gloves or he won't make it to DC.
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' — Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 10:19 AM   #21
joethiesmanfan
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by over the mountain View Post
The law was passed in part b/c black people could not find any hotels or motels that would allow them to stay in Florida and the southern states as they traveled down I-95. A florida state case was the case that was brought up to the SC. The SC used the "interstate commerce clause" to stretch the Federal arm into state's rights to regulate their own businesses and laws.

IIRC If florida or any other state wants to allow their hotels and motels to discriminate based upon race, the can but will not recieve any of the federal to state funding for their raodways, etc.
Wrong again, black poepl had their own nationwide chains before desegregatio, own baseball league which made more revenue than the majors, own everything. that is no way to run a country though, that is stupid. Small government is another way of saying sepearation. Funny how they want to seperate after black people made this country rich from hard labor. Wasn't no talk about sepeartion while they were making all those windfall profits selling Europe things that are not European like cotton, sugar, etc. Keep local will Balkanize this country.
Old 05-21-2010, 10:19 AM   #22
Slingin Sammy 33
Playmaker

Quote:
Did you like Heath Shuler? How about now?
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' — Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 10:22 AM   #23
joethiesmanfan
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slingin Sammy 33 View Post
Did you like Heath Shuler? How about now?
I met Heath's cousin, they are some good people. He was bust though.
Old 05-21-2010, 10:30 AM   #24
saden1
MVP

Quote:
Notice how this post doesn't ever actually offer any critical thinking.

Lame threats, grade school retorts, nothing of substance -- typical from you.
Someone as absent minded as you doesn't deserve more in a response. Check yourself, most of your post on this threat are pretty retarded dude...and this thread isn't the only thread where your post are wanting. Cut the crap and fix your thinking gaps...like Captain Planet says, "only you have the power."

-Jenkins

Last edited by saden1; 05-21-2010 at 11:02 AM.
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 10:37 AM   #25
joethiesmanfan
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
Someone as absent minded as you doesn't deserve more in a response. Check yourself, most of your post on this threat are pretty redtarded dude...and this thread isn't the only thread where your post are wanting. Cut the crap and fix your thinking gaps...like Captain Planet says, "only you have the power."
HAHAHAHAHAHA wow
Old 05-21-2010, 10:39 AM   #26
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by joethiesmanfan View Post
Wrong again, black poepl had their own nationwide chains before desegregatio, own baseball league which made more revenue than the majors, own everything. that is no way to run a country though, that is stupid. Small government is another way of saying sepearation. Funny how they want to seperate after black people made this country rich from hard labor. Wasn't no talk about sepeartion while they were making all those windfall profits selling Europe things that are not European like cotton, sugar, etc. Keep local will Balkanize this country.
let me quote Saden
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saden1 View Post
Someone as absent minded as you doesn't deserve more in a response. Check yourself, most of your post on this thread are pretty retarded dude...and this thread isn't the only thread where your post are wanting. Cut the crap and fix your thinking gaps...like Captain Planet says, "only you have the power."
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 10:39 AM   #27
joethiesmanfan
The Starter

Quote:
What was Paul's blunder?

I was about to say that with his win the other night, that's a sure sign that the national parties no longer get to dicate to the voters who the candidates will be -- and that's a good thing.
That my friend is called reaching.
Old 05-21-2010, 10:41 AM   #28
joethiesmanfan
The Starter

Quote:
Notice how this post doesn't ever actually offer any critical thinking.

Lame threats, grade school retorts, nothing of substance -- typical from you.
He is right, Libertarian's philosophy sounds like a utpoian nightmare.
Old 05-21-2010, 10:44 AM   #29
saden1
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slingin Sammy 33 View Post
Paul's blunder was blindly walking into a trap. He should've never been on Maddow. She's been throwing race-bombs at the Tea Party for some time. She's Chris Matthews on steriods....with the same haircut. Nothing good could come from him being on that show. He should've foreseen that coming, and not allowed himself to be cornered like he was.

I don't know the man, but I'd bet a good sum of money he's not a racist. He was trying to stay true to his stance of very limited gov't at the expense of what is practically right (no reasonable person believes businesses should be allowed to discriminate against people based on the color of their skin). There are some cases where Fed intervention is needed, the Civil Rights Act was one of them.

Paul better get used to these type of attacks and playing on the big stage with big boy gloves or he won't make it to DC.
You can't be tricked into saying something that dumb...he spoke his mind and it seems that he is against "The" Law that banned systematic institutional racism in America. I don't know why you blame Maddow for his short comings.

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 10:56 AM   #30
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by joethiesmanfan View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong here. Are you saying that the Negro League was preferred by black people? That they preferred to have their own league than play in the major leagues?