Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy

Missouri Cops Raid House... Shoots Dogs with Children Present

Debating with the enemy

Old 05-09-2010, 09:06 AM   #16
Beemnseven
Pro Bowl

Re: Missouri Cops Raid House... Shoots Dogs with Children Present

Unless there's a hostage situation, or someone's life is in immediate danger, there should be NO REASON for police to raid the home of any American citizen.

Because of the tv show COPS, and others like it, we have been conditioned to accept things like this.
Beemnseven is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 05-09-2010, 09:59 AM   #17
firstdown
Living Legend

You say the cops are wrong for shooting the dog with kids in the house but I guess its Ok for the guy to deal drugs out of the home. If he was not dealing drugs then the cops would not have knock down his door or shot the dogs. The clip does not show what happend so as to what they did its hard to tell why.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 10:38 AM   #18
mlmdub130
Playmaker

Re: I call him Killer.

fuck theses cops they can go f themselves they remind me of the heartless faggots who i was with overseas who thought it was fun to shoot dogs walking around the city. it really is a shame this never was made into a story, most likely because the guy was dealing and had a lot of drugs so the senseless shotting got swept under the rug. and to say well the guy was dealing drugs in the house so the cops had to bust down his door and shoot his dogs hardly these ar ejust another example of pussies who got picked on in school and now think they are hot shit cause the have a badge and a gun. newsflash for anyone who thiunks this is right the first rule you are taught when you are given a deadly weapon is you can only use your deadly weapon if you are being threatened by a deadly weapon, i would say this is hardly a deadly weapon
[/QUOTE]

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 10:48 AM   #19
saden1
MVP

No doubt about it, they shot the dogs without hesitation. Is this standard procedure? It's fucked up...I can see a lawsuit. Get'em.

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 12:01 PM   #20
cpayne5
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemnseven View Post
Unless there's a hostage situation, or someone's life is in immediate danger, there should be NO REASON for police to raid the home of any American citizen.

Because of the tv show COPS, and others like it, we have been conditioned to accept things like this.
I tend to agree with this. Especially in this case. I keep coming back to the question, "why was SWAT even involved?". It seemed unnecessary given the circumstances. They could have surveilled the guy the guy for a week, picked him up on the street and served the warrant on the premises with him in custody in another part of town.

To shoot a family's dog like that is just not right. Watching the video, you couldn't even tell there was a dog there until it started crying after being shot. This begs the question, what was the dog doing to deserve a bullet (they couldn't even get the job done with a single bullet, though)? It certainly doesn't appear as though the officer was protecting himself. Trigger happy is probably the appropriate term, unfortunately.
cpayne5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 01:48 PM   #21
wolfeskins
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
You say the cops are wrong for shooting the dog with kids in the house but I guess its Ok for the guy to deal drugs out of the home. If he was not dealing drugs then the cops would not have knock down his door or shot the dogs. The clip does not show what happend so as to what they did its hard to tell why.
i agree with you FD. the guy was putting his children,wife and dogs in harms way by dealing drugs from his home. he's lucky it was his dogs that were killed and not his wife or children. everyone is so quick to bash the cops but they don't say anything about this bum dealing drugs.
Old 05-09-2010, 02:10 PM   #22
mlmpetert
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfeskins View Post
i agree with you FD. the guy was putting his children,wife and dogs in harms way by dealing drugs from his home. he's lucky it was his dogs that were killed and not his wife or children. everyone is so quick to bash the cops but they don't say anything about this bum dealing drugs.
All that was found was a pipe used to smoke weed and there was some resin on it. He was not dealing drugs.
Old 05-09-2010, 08:33 PM   #23
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

Quote:
He was found with a pipe with some resin and a small amount of weed. (i.e. probably not enough to be charged with "selling" but more than likely, "in possession of") This is why America's drug laws are completely effin' ridiculous. If the dude's just smokin for himself, what harm is he causing? If he wants to smoke and wreck his own body, he has a right to.

Now if the dude is some druglord stashing bricks of coke/weed/crack whatever and is selling it to the neighborhood, that's entirely different.

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 09:36 AM   #24
firstdown
Living Legend

I wish they would raid the guys house two doors down from me. I swear the guy must have like 15 dogs at his house. About once a week they let them all out at once and it sounds like walking into a city bound. Someone said they show dogs but from the sound of all those dogs it sounds more like a pupy mill.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 05:43 PM   #25
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 06:19 PM   #26
Trample the Elderly
Playmaker

Congratulations Y'all! Yeah they can bust down the door of a pothead and shoot his dogs, but they can't find Bin Laden, stop meth from flowing over the border, or stop Goldman Sachs from screwing over people? It's all a big effing lie. I hope y'all wake up.

I heard about it on Alex Jones U-Tube channel a few days ago.
Old 05-10-2010, 08:09 PM   #27
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

GodLikeProductions.com Video - Audio & Image Hosting | Puppycide in Oklahoma
Old 05-10-2010, 09:36 PM   #28
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryfuhl View Post
lol I pulled this up on my phone at work and laughed pretty hard. <3 tryfuhl for making my day a little better.

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 10:22 PM   #29
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
lol I pulled this up on my phone at work and laughed pretty hard. <3 tryfuhl for making my day a little better.
I couldn't come up with anything until I had already posted it.. then thought of several better ones but then got lazy.. oh well haha

np, everything been going well? you've been noticeably absent!
Old 05-13-2010, 03:48 PM   #30
Beemnseven
Pro Bowl

Well, I just saw that video for the first time. I honestly wanted to avoid it, but I wound up seeing it on an online clip of the Andrew Napolitano show.

The video is sickening and maddening at the same time. The funny thing is, this type of raid happens about 100 times a day in America, according to reports. The libertarian CATO institute actually has a map which tells you where botched raids are taking place. For some reason, this particular video has gone viral, but it wasn't even like so many others where the police get the wrong house, or where an innocent citizen was killed.

Radley Balko of Reason Magazine has been writing on the subject of paramilitary police raids for nonviolent offenses for years. But for some reason, most people turn a blind eye to the issue; I guess it's been engrained into our psyche as though this is a normal practice.

Seeing it truly makes you ask the question -- what country is this? You'd think this is former Soviet-bloc type stuff. But it's not. This is America in the 21st century.

So much for the land of the free.
Beemnseven is offline   Reply With Quote