Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

I know it's only 2 games...

Locker Room Main Forum

View Poll Results: Your thoughts on the Skins after 2 games?
They have exceeded my expectations 78 57.35%
They have met my expectations 58 42.65%
They have failed to meet my expectations 0 0%
Voters: 136. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-21-2011, 12:25 PM   #16
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Re: I know it's only 2 games...

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
They met my expectations. I don't see anything that precludes the Skins from starting 4-0. The thing that's a bit of a surprise to me is how good they run the spread offense. Any team that wants to stop the Redskins passing attack better have 3 good CB and 2 quality safeties because Davis, Cooley, Armstrong are coming.

I predicted the Skins will win 10 games and they are well on their way.
Yeah I said at the beginning 9-7 or 10-6. The injury pleagued teams have helped that out a lot but others look better then I expected also. Panthers, Bills, Miami, and 49ers really don't look that bad and they were my easy wins this year. I had us split in the NFCE (3 games), the Cards (4 games), Rams (5 games), Panthers, Bills, 49ers (8 games), Miami and Seatle (10 games), I'm thinking possibly the Vikes and Bucs also. I'm not saying we will win 12 games but that gives us a cushion for is we lose one I'm expecting us to win. The losses I figured would be Giants (which maybe we take both), Dallas (we might take both), Eagles, Jets, Patriots, Pitt, Baltimore, and I had the Colts but they look horrid.

Can anyone not possibly see 11-5 and our losses being Eagles (1), Jets, Patriots, Steelers, Ravens? I keep hoping no major injuries.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-21-2011, 12:45 PM   #17
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

The win over the Gnats and pulling one out late against the Cards has alone exceeded my expectations. They are still relatively tempered but things are looking up.
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 12:47 PM   #18
skinsguy
Pro Bowl

Wow! Nobody is more of a kool-aid drinker than me, but I'm just cautiously optimistic. I still think at best 8-8 to 9-7. That will depend largely on how healthy this team stays.
Old 09-21-2011, 12:49 PM   #19
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
Yeah I said at the beginning 9-7 or 10-6. The injury pleagued teams have helped that out a lot but others look better then I expected also. Panthers, Bills, Miami, and 49ers really don't look that bad and they were my easy wins this year. I had us split in the NFCE (3 games), the Cards (4 games), Rams (5 games), Panthers, Bills, 49ers (8 games), Miami and Seatle (10 games), I'm thinking possibly the Vikes and Bucs also. I'm not saying we will win 12 games but that gives us a cushion for is we lose one I'm expecting us to win. The losses I figured would be Giants (which maybe we take both), Dallas (we might take both), Eagles, Jets, Patriots, Pitt, Baltimore, and I had the Colts but they look horrid.

Can anyone not possibly see 11-5 and our losses being Eagles (1), Jets, Patriots, Steelers, Ravens? I keep hoping no major injuries.
as you alluded to some of those are no longer easy wins.. we also need to see how we come off of a loss.. or larger deficit than we've faced.. I have more confidence in us this year to battle past either situation.. this team seems to take football and winning personally

Last edited by tryfuhl; 09-21-2011 at 02:49 PM.
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 12:51 PM   #20
SirClintonPortis
Pro Bowl

It's so funny seeing the oppressive Establishment being excessive cautious this year while the rational rebels like myself are fully in the Kool-Aid. The Establishment needs to get some new researchers to process the critical data, since they have missed two years in a row.

Virtuosity remembered, douchebaggery forgotten.

The ideal character profile shoved down modern Western men and women's throats is Don Juan.
SirClintonPortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 12:55 PM   #21
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirClintonPortis View Post
It's so funny seeing the oppressive Establishment being excessive cautious this year while the rational rebels like myself are fully in the Kool-Aid. The Establishment needs to get some new researchers to process the critical data, since they have missed two years in a row.
Um....anyone else want to respond to this?
Old 09-21-2011, 01:17 PM   #22
mlmdub130
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
um...no, not even sure what it supposed to mean actually.

so far the skins have done what i thought they would do this year which is a first. we have a young team with a lot of guys fighting for spots on a roster, we got rid of all the malcontents and now are truly ready to move forward. the team finally shows some life and it appears as though everyone on both sides of the ball have bought into the systems they are playing and i think that says alot being only two years detached from whatever the hell we had going on the last year zorn was here. from where we are now we can only improve and who knows maybe we will be better than 8-8 this year which would make me happier than hell.

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 01:18 PM   #23
CrustyRedskin
Playmaker

Quote:
Good goobly goobs, are u sure your not Dr. W. Edwards Demming????? Im drinking the Kool-aid heck im buck naked doing a cannon ball into it!!!

HTTR. You wern't a bunch of losers on 10-27-14.
CrustyRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 01:19 PM   #24
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
Since we don't play Pittsburg or the Ravens - I can see us not losing to them.
Old 09-21-2011, 01:22 PM   #25
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Ross Tucker has us at #12 in his rankings

I do like the fact that we are still a bit under the radar. However, a win against the Cowboys on MNF would definitely put us on the spotlight.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 01:22 PM   #26
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrustyRedskin View Post
Good goobly goobs, are u sure your not Dr. W. Edwards Demming????? Im drinking the Kool-aid heck im buck naked doing a cannon ball into it!!!
..........WOW.........

I don't even know you and I got an ugly image.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 01:24 PM   #27
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
I need to know who the players are first. Are the opressive Establishment kin to the Axis of Evil or just Diet North Korea?

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 01:35 PM   #28
Slingin Sammy 33
Playmaker

Quote:
Change your profile pic.
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' — Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 01:40 PM   #29
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

Quote:
Quote:
Tempting but pointless.
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 01:44 PM   #30
GridIron26
Playmaker

I voted exceeded my expectations only because we won the Giants game and vibe from the team is completely different for the first time in few years, which is amazing. I never have had felt this good about Redskins for a while.. As for how many wins we will get this year, it does not matter to me because Shanny and his team proved to me that the team is different this time and we can expect them to rally in some games AND win.
GridIron26 is online now   Reply With Quote