Debating with the enemy

Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2012, 09:58 AM   #16
RedskinRat
Franchise Player

Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
Race has everything to do with this and if you don't think so you're a fcking moron.

If I'm Trayvon's father I'm playing the lead role in Law Abiding Citizen.
Sorry, didn't know you were there, hippie.....

Advertisements
Old 03-23-2012, 09:58 AM   #17
Gmanc711
Thank You, Sean.

Quote:
Race has everything to do with this and if you don't think so you're a fcking moron.

If I'm Trayvon's father I'm playing the lead role in Law Abiding Citizen.
This. I think race has an awful lot to do with this. I think the definition of racism in this country is night and day from what true racism was back in the early to mid (to late) 1900's. Racism today is more from a profiling standpoint than it is from a "I hate this person because they're black/latino/ect." its a "This person is black/latino/white, ect so I think they're up to no good".

I think EVERYONE has been guilty of this type of profiling at some point.

So do I think this kid got shot because this guy hated black people, no. But if the kid had been a suspicious looking white kid dressed in a golf shirt, I don't think think this happens either.
Old 03-23-2012, 10:10 AM   #18
RedskinRat
Franchise Player

Only one person can say for sure and that's the shooter.

Calling people '****ing morons' isn't helping the discussion.
Old 03-23-2012, 10:20 AM   #19
firstdown
Living Legend

Not sure why they say this case is made tougher becuase of the stand your ground law. This law has nothing to do with what happend and does not apply to this situation. The killer followed and persue the person. People against the law want to use this case to have the law changed.
Old 03-23-2012, 10:29 AM   #20
RedskinRat
Franchise Player

Yeah, I can't even see how it applies in this case even in the most elastic of definitions.

He (the shooter) wasn't threatened, wasn't in his home or car.

It just adds fuel to the weak argument of anti-gun panty-wetters, which is what annoys me the most about the case.
Old 03-23-2012, 11:49 AM   #21
firstdown
Living Legend

I think the problem the police are probably having is they don't have a witness to how the initial altercation started. All they have is the shooter saying he was attacked and a witness that saw the kid beating on the shooter.

Last edited by firstdown; 03-23-2012 at 12:02 PM.
Old 03-23-2012, 12:40 PM   #22
RedskinRat
Franchise Player

Police Chief for Stanford has stepped down. Jumped before he was pushed.

They should have at least taken the shooter in for a chat.
Old 03-23-2012, 12:44 PM   #23
Daseal
Puppy Kicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinRat View Post
Yeah, I can't even see how it applies in this case even in the most elastic of definitions.

He (the shooter) wasn't threatened, wasn't in his home or car.

It just adds fuel to the weak argument of anti-gun panty-wetters, which is what annoys me the most about the case.
On the same page you cry about people calling you a moron and then sling insults. Hypocrisy is fun!
Old 03-23-2012, 12:56 PM   #24
saden1
MVP

Quote:
Sorry, didn't know you were there, hippie.....

I wasn't aware I had to be at the scene to evaluate and determine what happened from the facts on record...I suppose I should make my way to Darfur too before I should condemn the Janjaweeds.

Try exercising your brain once in a while... at the very least it will make feel smarter.

-Jenkins
Old 03-23-2012, 01:00 PM   #25
saden1
MVP

Quote:
Only one person can say for sure and that's the shooter.

Calling people '****ing morons' isn't helping the discussion.
Yet you have the fcking nerve to call the kid a "mouthy teenager." Get the fck out here dude with your bullshit. You have zero credibility.

-Jenkins
Old 03-23-2012, 01:11 PM   #26
saden1
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
I think the problem the police are probably having is they don't have a witness to how the initial altercation started. All they have is the shooter saying he was attacked and a witness that saw the kid beating on the shooter.
Where are you getting your facts from? The facts reported from all media outlets is as follows:

Quote:
A witness to the physical altercation just prior to the shooting stated that Martin was on top of Zimmerman and beating him up, while the older man yelled for help.[27] Another witness, Mary Cutcher, has said in a TV interview that "there was no punching, no hitting going on at the time, no wrestling",[28] but police say that she gave an official account to them that agreed with Zimmerman's story.[29][30] Cutcher and her roommate told CNN journalist Anderson Cooper that their own account of the incident to the police did not agree with Zimmerman's, and that they had demanded that the police retract that incorrect statement. They also said, about the police's attitude at the scene, that "they were siding with him [Zimmerman] from the start" and that they heard the pair in their backyard and a "very young voice" whining, with no sounds of a fight. They heard a gunshot; the crying stopped immediately, and they saw Zimmerman on his knees pinning Martin down on the ground.[31]

The police took Trayvon Martin's body and stored it in a morgue for three days, calling him "John Doe". Martin's family accuses the police of not asking any of the neighbours if they recognized Martin.[32] According to David Horsey, they also did not check his cellphone to find someone he knew.[33]

Regardless of what exactly happened it doesn't change the fact that you have this cunt following a young boy after being ordered not to and then shot him. On top of that you have an indifferent police that didn't absolutely nothing and is still doing absolutely nothing.

-Jenkins
Old 03-23-2012, 01:27 PM   #27
RedskinRat
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daseal View Post
On the same page you cry about people calling you a moron and then sling insults. Hypocrisy is fun!
Where do I insult anyone here? Where am I crying?

Daseal, please feel free to ignore any of my responses unless you can stay on point and contribute.
Old 03-23-2012, 01:31 PM   #28
RedskinRat
Franchise Player

Quote:
I wasn't aware I had to be at the scene to evaluate and determine what happened from the facts on record...I suppose I should make my way to Darfur too before I should condemn the Janjaweeds.
You sound WAAAAY to personally invested to make a reasoned argument based on how you're posting. Calm down.

Quote:
Try exercising your brain once in a while... at the very least it will make feel smarter.
Adjust your head-pointer, the sweat is making you miss words.

How smart would I need to be to post on this forum? They allow you to post so I'm happy I can exceed whatever entrance exam you've passed.
Old 03-23-2012, 01:35 PM   #29
RedskinRat
Franchise Player

Quote:
Yet you have the fcking nerve to call the kid a "mouthy teenager." Get the fck out here dude with your bullshit. You have zero credibility.
Line up 1,000 teenagers and I'll point out the 999 that are mouthy. Maybe I'm just inundated with mouthy teenagers where I live but I can only go by my experience.

And cursing someone out on a forum certainly lends an air of credibility....

/sarc

Your hostility is adorable.
Old 03-23-2012, 01:37 PM   #30
dmek25
MVP

redskinrat its this law
Sanford police have claimed that they could not charge Zimmerman with shooting and killing the child because Zimmerman claimed self-defense under Florida’s Stand Your Ground law.
Out on the street before you can use deadly force, most jurisdictions require that you first try to retreat. See if you can get away safely before you take out the gun and blow somebody away. But Florida’s law is different. Florida has a law, along with 17 states, that says you can stand your ground. Which means you don’t have that obligation to try to run first. So, in Florida, as long as you have a reasonable belief that your life and safety is in danger, you can use force to defend yourself, even deadly force. And now that’s the situation they’re suggesting.
Closed Thread