Lance Armstrong to be charged for doping by USADA

Other Sports

Old 06-18-2012, 04:02 PM   #1
firstdown
Living Legend

Re: Lance Armstrong to be charged for doping by USADA

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Why are some of you guys going on about the French?...lol This has nothing to do with the French.
Because it's fun.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 05:00 PM   #2
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Because it's fun.
I used to wear out this french-canadian girl and she would fly down to see me and what not. Then of course I would brag to friends about having a french girl, but then they would in turn tell me she's not french, but canadian. But she spoke french, looked french and frenched french. Her father was french and claimed France as her hood. So am I right to claim french or is it french* or do i have to claim canadian?

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 09:21 PM   #3
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

Does he have the........Barry Big Head? Well, I wished he would have been innocent as I do not accept the....It's ok if everybody does it rule.....
But then, he's probably not all that concerned what I think...
Still a great story....but not as.....tainted.
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 11:21 PM   #4
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
I don't follow cycling too closely, so i don't know how true or how much of a given it is that he/others dope, but i wish/hope it isn't true. bad ending and all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HailGreen28 View Post
Armstrong retired last year. I'm not convinced he was doping, would like to believe his statements like in that link:
Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
i think the french got mad at him and started the rumors... i think. I don't really follow that whole cycling thing besides knowing he's won a LOT.

He was doping. I'll bet my life on it. Doping has been going on with cycling and the Tour de France since the early 1900s. Back then, they used cocaine and other means. Scroll down this wikipedia article and see the winners of the tour de france and look and see how many have tested positive during their career. Even guys in the 1960s...lol Some that show "Never tested positive", you'll see on some of the notes that the actual stuff they did test positive for wasn't illegal at the time.(especially in the 90's)

(should read this though, amazing to say the least)
Doping at the Tour de France - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Not to mention the fact, that Lance was working with Michele Ferrari, who was a notorious blood doper in the cycling world. He was the best doper that money could buy. I would equate him to Victor Conte in the Balco fiasco.

This is what Jacques Anquetil (cyclist in 50's-60's) had to say on a national French TV show.

Quote:
Anquetil took a forthright and controversial stand on the use of performance-enhancing drugs. He never hid that he took drugs and in a debate with a government minister on French television said only a fool would imagine it was possible to ride Bordeaux–Paris on just water.

He and other cyclists had to ride through "the cold, through heatwaves, in the rain and in the mountains", and they had the right to treat themselves as they wished, he said in a television interview, before adding: "Leave me in peace; everybody takes dope
Actually, he did test positive in 2002 according to some in the cycling world, and it was covered up with a bribe from the US Postal team and the UCI director.

...and this.

USATODAY.com - Story: Armstrong had six positives from 1999 tests

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog1 View Post
Does he have the........Barry Big Head? Well, I wished he would have been innocent as I do not accept the....It's ok if everybody does it rule.....
But then, he's probably not all that concerned what I think...
Still a great story....but not as.....tainted.
Their doping and other sports doping is completely different. Cyclist use something called EPO, which helps create more red blood cells which in turns carries more oxygen throughout your body. This became on the scene back in the 90's.

The bigger thing that Lance was part of was actual blood transfusions at night all throughout the Tour de France. What these guys would do is gather a bit of their blood long before the race, store it, and later do a transfusion to infuse their blood with higher oxygen levels. After a long day of riding, their blood would be depleted of oxygen, so this would pretty much make them brand new for the following day. All the guys on the US Postal team did this and acknowledged it.

Bottom line. MLB and NFL doesn't have jack shit on pro cycling when it comes to doping. :cool-smil
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty

Last edited by NC_Skins; 06-14-2012 at 11:26 PM.
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote