Playbook

Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2007, 10:28 PM   #16
Sammy Baugh Fan
Playmaker

Re: Reputations

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan_nn View Post
I agree with your point SBF. If this rep./feedback crap is so important to somebody...I'd like to know who?

Have a vote and see how important it is to the people that use the site. If found it's important lets improve the current system, which IMO is at best flawed. I think we all understand nothing is perfect, but we have alot of room for improvement.

Also, make people accountable for their feedback on another member and if you leave feed good or bad. Let it be known to the member who has left the feed either way.

No need to hide behind a computer, lets put a member user name with the feedback left.

YEP!
Cowards want annoy opinions of others. "I want to say something bad about ..... but I don't want to be accountable for my words" That's LAME and a Coward that woule feel the need to say that.

Sorry if ya'll can Rep me I can say this to yer face.

peace
mike

Advertisements
Old 12-05-2007, 10:28 PM   #17
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy Baugh Fan View Post
You gues miss the point
ANNOY people can folks can make commens and not be resposible for their words or actions.
Maybe that's what what the young generation wants but that un American...say whatever you want.

Accusation without Representation? Yeah I geuss at the Warpath.

~shakes head
What do you mean by "responsible for their words or actions" exactly? I mean if someone gave you a negative reputation point for this thread for example what would you want done next?
Old 12-05-2007, 10:29 PM   #18
Schneed10
A Dude

I can see who's giving me feedback, it puts the username right next to each comment. Not sure why you guys can't see it?
Old 12-05-2007, 10:33 PM   #19
skinsfan_nn
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
I can see who's giving me feedback, it puts the username right next to each comment. Not sure why you guys can't see it?

I'm not sure, but it doesn't?

Do you have to be VIP? If so that answers the ?
"There's no greater feeling than moving a man from Point A to Point B, against his will." #68

THANKS COACH GIBBS FOR EVERYTHING! YOUR THE MAN AND ALWAYS WILL BE!
Old 12-05-2007, 10:35 PM   #20
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:
You gues miss the point
ANNOY people can folks can make commens and not be resposible for their words or actions.
Maybe that's what what the young generation wants but that un American...say whatever you want.

Accusation without Representation? Yeah I geuss at the Warpath.

~shakes head
Well, your grammar and poor use of the English language is making me want to give you a negative rep point right now. I'll say that to your face in public.

Perhaps you can explain to me how a negative rep point could be considered "accusation". You don't get punished for negative rep points, you don't get charged with any crimes, you don't get accused of squat. It's not like if you rack up too many, you're automatically going to get banned.

The bottom line is this: in forums such as this, people post opinions to the internet, thereby becoming public domain. As soon as you post your opinion, it is opened to the masses, who can then provide their opinions on what you had to say. If you used poor grammar and came across like sour grapes, then if they don't like sour grapes, they can give their opinion of your post.

It's like this: you post your opinion. If people don't want to hear it and would just assume you shut up, they'll hit you with a negative rep point. All's fair; you said your peace giving your opinion, and they gave their opinion right back.
Old 12-05-2007, 10:41 PM   #21
Lady Brave
The Starter

The only negative points I've received have been from a Cowboys fan. I'm not sure how I feel about that. Cowboys fans should not have that much power.

Then again, if I'm pissing off the Cowboys fans, then those negative points should be an indicator that I'm doing a good job as a Skins fan.
Old 12-05-2007, 10:47 PM   #22
Sammy Baugh Fan
Playmaker

Quote:
Well, your grammar and poor use of the English language is making me want to give you a negative rep point right now. I'll say that to your face in public.

Perhaps you can explain to me how a negative rep point could be considered "accusation". You don't get punished for negative rep points, you don't get charged with any crimes, you don't get accused of squat. It's not like if you rack up too many, you're automatically going to get banned.

The bottom line is this: in forums such as this, people post opinions to the internet, thereby becoming public domain. As soon as you post your opinion, it is opened to the masses, who can then provide their opinions on what you had to say. If you used poor grammar and came across like sour grapes, then if they don't like sour grapes, they can give their opinion of your post.

It's like this: you post your opinion. If people don't want to hear it and would just assume you shut up, they'll hit you with a negative rep point. All's fair; you said your peace giving your opinion, and they gave their opinion right back.
Thanks for being a backhanded/anal jerk to me with your handle. At least I know who is being a jerk to me and not like a Reputation annony coment.

Have a Day
mike
Old 12-05-2007, 10:48 PM   #23
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

I've given positive reputation points to a couple Cowboys fans here...and Offiss.
Old 12-05-2007, 10:49 PM   #24
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Thanks for being a backhanded/anal jerk to me with your handle. At least I know who is being a jerk to me and not like a Reputation annony coment.

Have a Day
mike
I don't think he was trying to be a jerk to you. Not even not trying, he simply wasn't being a jerk
Old 12-05-2007, 10:52 PM   #25
Sammy Baugh Fan
Playmaker

Quote:
I was typing fast and I only have a High School education. Sorry if I'm not like you boys. Actually glad I'm not like some of you boys
Old 12-05-2007, 10:52 PM   #26
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I don't think he was trying to be a jerk to you. Not even not trying, he simply wasn't being a jerk
Smooty's right, SBF. I was just making a point: the reputation thing is simply a way for people to express their opinions on the posts which you made available for them all to read.

Don't get all sensitive about me being a jerk or reputations or anything like that. In the end, who cares. Let's just discuss the Skins, or if you want to make me hungry, feel free to describe a kick ass BBQ recipe.
Old 12-05-2007, 10:55 PM   #27
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:
I was typing fast and I only have a High School education. Sorry if I'm not like you boys. Actually glad I'm not like some of you boys
OK, well typing in haste can produce incoherent posts, which can annoy people, and it seems to me it's fair game that if they don't like it, they can say so in a negative rep point. Seems only fair.

Moral of the story is slow down and think before posting. It has nothing to do with your education level, I've seen you post plenty of well-thought out opinions, so I know you're perfectly capable of typing coherently. It's just a matter of cooling off to type carefully before posting.
Old 12-05-2007, 10:57 PM   #28
Sammy Baugh Fan
Playmaker

Quote:
Smooty's right, SBF. I was just making a point: the reputation thing is simply a way for people to express their opinions on the posts which you made available for them all to read.

Don't get all sensitive about me being a jerk or reputations or anything like that. In the end, who cares. Let's just discuss the Skins, or if you want to make me hungry, feel free to describe a kick ass BBQ recipe.

You still don't get it.
Not gonna wast more time with you. Think what you want.

peacemike
Old 12-05-2007, 11:00 PM   #29
Sammy Baugh Fan
Playmaker

Quote:

Change the subject all you want.
Annony Reputation Ratings are worthless and shoukd be done away with.
Old 12-05-2007, 11:03 PM   #30
Sheriff Gonna Getcha
Franchise Player

Quote:
Easy SBF. There's no need to attack people.
Closed Thread