Medicare Scare 2.0

Debating with the enemy

Old 05-26-2011, 11:26 AM   #16
MTK
\m/

Re: Medicare Scare 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
So when the ins. company denies a person a bone marrow transplant because they don't feel it will extend their life/quality of life that is not a death panel? Its done everyday its just not called a death panel. Thats just a fancy name the right uses to scare old people away from socialized health care. I'm not advocating socialized health care but for people to think that there will not be people making these decisions one way or the other are fooling themself. If you think we could have a national health plan without these controls then your still fooling yourself. They are just a sad fact about how insurance works and keeps some kind of control on cost.If everything was covered all the time rates would be double what they are today.
Not quite the same thing, but you're right let's get back on topic.

Advertisements
Old 05-26-2011, 02:00 PM   #17
Slingin Sammy 33
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
If you guys don't think people are not making some of those decisions now you don't understand ins. Do you understand the 1000's of procedures currently not covered by ins.? At some point we have to realize that we have to make cuts to provide affordable health coverage and part of that equation is not covering everthing that some people want done. I'm just dealing in reality and my knowledge of ins.
No one said there aren't people doing cost/benefit analysis on procedures at the insurance companies.....however you have a choice in your provider or if you even carry coverage. In a single payer, gov't run system, that forces you to carry coverage, you have no choices. This is a great simplification of the issues, I know.
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' — Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 02:15 PM   #18
saden1
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slingin Sammy 33 View Post
No one said there aren't people doing cost/benefit analysis on procedures at the insurance companies.....however you have a choice in your provider or if you even carry coverage. In a single payer, gov't run system, that forces you to carry coverage, you have no choices. This is a great simplification of the issues, I know.
Simplification indeed.

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote