Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy

Welfare Nation- One third of US wages now come from handouts

Debating with the enemy

Old 03-10-2011, 11:59 AM   #16
saden1
MVP

Re: Welfare Nation- One third of US wages now come from handouts

So if you draw a social security check does that mean you are getting handouts? What if you draw a SS check and still work in the private sector? Do they count you twice?

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-10-2011, 12:13 PM   #17
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
So if you draw a social security check does that mean you are getting handouts? What if you draw a SS check and still work in the private sector? Do they count you twice?
No because its my money they forced me to pay or go to jail. If your still working while drawing SS your still actually paying into the system. Why does the left seem to defend SS but they get so pissed off at what Madoff did to investors?
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 01:15 PM   #18
saden1
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
No because its my money they forced me to pay or go to jail. If your still working while drawing SS your still actually paying into the system. Why does the left seem to defend SS but they get so pissed off at what Madoff did to investors?
Because the status of your SS investment is open and public and real. Plus SS doesn't deceive investors with promises of crazy returns.

It seems you and others like you need to educate yourself in the difference between social insurance programs, collective investment schemes and ponzi schemes.

-Jenkins
Old 03-10-2011, 01:21 PM   #19
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
Because the status of your SS investment is open and public and real. Plus SS doesn't deceive investors with promises of crazy returns.

It seems you and others like you need to educate yourself in the difference between social insurance programs, collective investment schemes and ponzi schemes.
Your right because its going broke because they took our money and used it for other stuff that it was not designed to be used for. You need to actually read what SS was set up for and look at it now and you will see the problems. The only reason SS is open and public is because they don't have laws requiring them to actually invest the money or put it away like every single investor is required to do with you money. Why do you see nothing wrong with that and you do realize thats the reason SS is broke.
Old 03-10-2011, 07:08 PM   #20
Beemnseven
Pro Bowl

Let's see ... the government says a worker has to pay into the social security system so that money can be used to pay him a dividend at a later time. Instead, the govenrment puts that money into the general fund, spends it, and takes from somebody else to pay the original worker the benefits he was promised.

Classic definition of a ponzi scheme. If any private citizen came up with a fraud like Social Security, they'd be thrown in jail.
Beemnseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 08:22 PM   #21
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemnseven View Post
Let's see ... the government says a worker has to pay into the social security system so that money can be used to pay him a dividend at a later time. Instead, the govenrment puts that money into the general fund, spends it, and takes from somebody else to pay the original worker the benefits he was promised.

Classic definition of a ponzi scheme. If any private citizen came up with a fraud like Social Security, they'd be thrown in jail.
Thats the same thing Madoff did with investors money. You know its one thing to force me to put into the system but at least take my Fu%$ing money and put it into what your taking it for. I'm in the insurance business and the federal government teaches us that its a crime to do what they do with SS money. We have to take continued ed every other year and part of that is repeated fraud education. Its funny because one instructor actual used SS as an example of what illegal to do with investors money.
Old 03-10-2011, 11:14 PM   #22
drew54
The Starter

I would like to see unemployed people given an opportunity to work doing city odd jobs.

For an extra $100 you can get various assigned unskilled jobs.

Go stand behind a truck full of asphalt and fill in pot holes. Shovel snow/mow yards/sweep and clean public buildings. After that you can go paint street curbs. When that is done you can pick up all of the trash along side of roads.

Look at people's skills and fit them into state jobs as "interns"

This way there is more benefit to the community.
Old 03-11-2011, 10:56 AM   #23
saden1
MVP

You guys have no idea what you're talking about. The government mandates you buy insurance, nothing is mandated in a ponzi scheme except you being utterly stupid and greedy. Unlike what happens to your funds in a ponzi scheme what the government does is invest the surplus of the social security funds into US treasury bonds which is pretty much the safest investment on the ****ing planet.

I suppose by your definition of classic ponzi scheme mutual funds and permanent life insurance are also ponzi schemes. I'm not saying you guys are dumb, but you certainly could get smarter by not peddling this nonsense.

-Jenkins