To All The Liberals

Debating with the enemy

Old 11-03-2010, 12:25 AM   #16
GMScud
Swearinger

Re: To All The Liberals

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
And to all my conserative brothers here, it's time to put up or shut up for the Tea Party and the Republican Party. Now that campaign and talk tough season is over and you control the House of Representatives, I want to see what your side does about cutting spending, lowering taxes, too much debt. Don't start another damn Obama sucks thread until your party delivers on all of this talk about big government and spending programs.

What I do know is that your party won't touch defense spending like Robert Gates has already started to do at the Pentagon. They won't touch Veteran's benefits or entitlement programs, i.e. Social Security. They won't vote against lowering the debt ceiling, which has gone up under both administrations. I'll bet they won't. More tough talk from can't do, won't do, won't even try politicians peddling busllsh*t dressed up as conservatives.
Awwww. Someone is annoyed. I'm hearing that song... "so ya had a bad day...." Just because the Democrats jumped into office under enormous clout in '08 and pushed a bunch of shit through doesn't mean it was good legislation. But hey, y'all didn't waste a good crisis, that's for sure. By the way, Obama's former seat in Illinois just got taken by a Republican.

For the record I'm a registered Independent and have been for a few months now (was Republican since 2000). The US political system is such crap right now. I want what's good for America, and I definitely lean right, but I can't align myself with either party at this point.

But this administration is a trainwreck, and the people are speaking, just like they did two years ago. But of course, it will be spun that the economy is so effed up because of the Bush years, that the people are simply impatient and knee-jerk voted Republican today because Obama didn't give us an immediate 180.

Blah Blah Blah. You had your supermajority. No one is impressed.

Advertisements
Old 11-03-2010, 12:41 AM   #17
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
Pat Toomey just took back Arlen Specter's old seat.
A friend in Philly told me they heard there was only 20% voter turn out for the city of Philly, of course a democratic city. Not saying Republican turnout was higher but Philly (and I'm going to assume Pittsburgh but I could be wrong) carry the highest democratic weight. My friend calls the rest of the area of PA above Pitt and Philly, "Pennsyltucky" which is where all the Conservatives are.

Just assuming that if people in the major cities didn't turn out, its no surprise Republicans won.

Oh well. I'm taking the Trample route as an ode to a fallen comrade (cuz that dude just effin disappeared) and say, government sucks and all politicians are crooks. I didn't vote so I'm not really complaining either way. Just hope things workout over the next 2 years.

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 12:50 AM   #18
GMScud
Swearinger

As far as the House is concerned, this is basically like the 1st Clinton mid-term, a la New Gingrich circa 1994. Overall possibly the best mid-term for Republicans since WWII.
Old 11-03-2010, 01:11 AM   #19
saden1
MVP

You got the house big woop...now what? You gonna cut social security? Well no because you told seniors you wouldn't. You're going to cut medicare? Well, no, you told seniors you wouldn't. Are you going to cut defense spending? Are you fcking high? You're going to cut other spending or kill ObamaCare? If you can get anything past the Senate conference more power to you and Obama's veto (as if that's going to be an option).

They over promised and they won't deliver. Buckle up Buck, it's going to be time to play hardball and we got more chips and defense spending bills to attach shit to. Yeeha!

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 01:15 AM   #20
saden1
MVP

Quote:
As far as the House is concerned, this is basically like the 1st Clinton mid-term, a la New Gingrich circa 1994. Overall possibly the best mid-term for Republicans since WWII.

I thought Republicans took over the senate in 1994 too. How can it possibly be the best since WII if you haven't taken over the senate? Looking forward to a contorted answer.

-Jenkins
Old 11-03-2010, 01:21 AM   #21
saden1
MVP

Quote:
So do you think this soon to be disastrous day for Dems is a referendum on Obama's agenda?
Obama's agenda was clear the day he ran for office. Unless I am mistaken he and the dems did for the most part what they promised to do. I'm I wrong?

Is this election a referendum on Obama? We can't know for sure but we will know if it wasn't when he trounces whoever runs against him in 2012.

-Jenkins
Old 11-03-2010, 01:26 AM   #22
saden1
MVP

I would also like to thank all the Tea Party candidates that lost today. Big shout-out...much love for saving the day.

-Jenkins
Old 11-03-2010, 01:32 AM   #23
GMScud
Swearinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
I thought Republicans took over the senate in 1994 too. How can it possibly be the best since WII if you haven't taken over the senate? Looking forward to a contorted answer.
It's looking like it could be a net gain in the House of around 65 seats. Senate may not come with it, but it still could be a the best overall showing in decades. 65+ House of Rep members and a minimum of 6 Senators went down tonight. It will be interesting to see Lord Obama's response tomorrow before he sets sail for his $200M/day Mumbai trip.

I know it hurts. Just don't take out your party's failures on me. All the inspired folks that stormed the polls in 2008 for your Lord certainly didn't back your boy today. The impulse vote for "change" doesn't exist anymore.

If that's the contorted answer you were waiting for, then there you go.
Old 11-03-2010, 01:33 AM   #24
GMScud
Swearinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
I would also like to thank all the Tea Party candidates that lost today. Big shout-out...much love for saving the day.
LOL!!!!! So funny how the standards get lowered.
Old 11-03-2010, 01:41 AM   #25
saden1
MVP

Quote:
It's looking like it could be a net gain in the House of around 65 seats. Senate may not come with it, but it still could be a the best overall showing in decades. 65+ House of Rep members and a minimum of 6 Senators went down tonight. It will be interesting to see Lord Obama's response tomorrow before he sets sail for his $200M/day Mumbai trip.

I know it hurts. Just don't take out your party's failures on me. All the inspired folks that stormed the polls in 2008 for your Lord certainly didn't back your boy today. The impulse vote for "change" doesn't exist anymore.

If that's the contorted answer you were waiting for, then there you go.

LOL, you really don't know me well at all. I feel nothing. I am still more upset about us losing to the Lions and all my hurt has been spent.

You lack any credible objectivity to see that this is a matter of turn out. You won on that basis nothing more. I am sure you are aware that Republicans in congress still poll lower then Democrats in congress.

Did you get your country back yet? Or is that slated for 2012? If it's going to be like 1996 I look forward to it.

-Jenkins
Old 11-03-2010, 01:44 AM   #26
saden1
MVP

Quote:
LOL!!!!! So funny how the standards get lowered.

What standard has been lowered? They did save the day for the Dems didn't they? If you guys were half as smart you would have ran better candidates. Harry shouldn't have been re-elected and there is no excuse for having Angle running against him.

-Jenkins
Old 11-03-2010, 01:51 AM   #27
saden1
MVP

What low standards looks like...I believe he also rubber stamped Bush agenda which we all know was liberal and ran up the debt:

-Jenkins
Old 11-03-2010, 07:15 AM   #28
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

ahhh, the return of the saden links. How I missed them.
Old 11-03-2010, 08:05 AM   #29
12thMan
MVP

Quote:
Awwww. Someone is annoyed. I'm hearing that song... "so ya had a bad day...." Just because the Democrats jumped into office under enormous clout in '08 and pushed a bunch of shit through doesn't mean it was good legislation. But hey, y'all didn't waste a good crisis, that's for sure. By the way, Obama's former seat in Illinois just got taken by a Republican.

For the record I'm a registered Independent and have been for a few months now (was Republican since 2000). The US political system is such crap right now. I want what's good for America, and I definitely lean right, but I can't align myself with either party at this point.

But this administration is a trainwreck, and the people are speaking, just like they did two years ago. But of course, it will be spun that the economy is so effed up because of the Bush years, that the people are simply impatient and knee-jerk voted Republican today because Obama didn't give us an immediate 180.

Blah Blah Blah. You had your supermajority. No one is impressed.
Fair enough. See you in 2012.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 08:28 AM   #30
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

Whether the taste is sweet or not, as in all elections the people......have spoken.
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote