Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy

Racial Bias in the Media - Just how bad is it?

Debating with the enemy

Old 07-25-2013, 10:52 AM   #16
firstdown
Living Legend

Re: Racial Bias in the Media - Just how bad is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary84Clark View Post
Trayvon contributed to his own death by accidentally going to the store while George was prowling with his gun. Coming home from the store is contributing to your own death?
Now your catching on.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 07-25-2013, 11:21 AM   #17
Gary84Clark

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
If your going to make a stupid post at least get your facts correct. Zimmerman call the police 46 times over 8 yrs. That's less then 6 times a year as a neighbor hood watch guy.

Have you ever look at the crime rate in that area.

"With a crime rate of 69 per one thousand residents, Sanford has one of the highest crime rates in America compared to all communities of all sizes - from the smallest towns to the very largest cities. One's chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime here is one in 14. Within Florida, more than 94% of the communities have a lower crime rate than Sanford."
Since you are giving facts answer me this. Why leave out the sex cime statistics? Martin's reaction to getting followed was warranted. See, your little property crimes are not reason to kill people. Compared to the fear of becoming a victim to sexual battery. Fear of sexual battery is a real reason to react with violence. Those crime statistc maps leave out the sex crimes, they say to protect the victims. In actuality, all this does is leave out the white male dominated crimes and helps people like First Down paint a self righteous picture using half baked facts.

Note: Higher values mean more residents per sex offender higher number is better as far as less sex sex crimes per resident)
Seminole County: 1,213
Zip code 32773 (Sanford area): 676
Florida: 673

States with highest rate of sex offenders Rate / 100,000
Delaware 517
Oregon 473
Vermont 468
Michigan 403
Arkansas 396
Wisconsin 391
Minnesota 316
Florida 311

States with lowest rate of sex offenders Rate / 100,000
Pennsylvania 94
Maryland 136
New Mexico 140
Rhode Island 146
North Carolina 149
Connecticut 152
Washington D.C. 160
New Jersey 164

According to crime statistics, Martin had reason to fear Zimmerman following him and had reason to fear becoming a victim of a sexual crime. He was not looking for trouble, but he found because he was black and Zimmerman assumed he was a threat, and he defended himself with his fists. Zimmerman went looking for trouble with a gun. Martin assumed Zimmerman was a threat because of his actions, following him in a high sex crime area.

Notice in the highest sex crime areas: Arkansas, Vermont, Oregon not areas with high concentrations of black males.

versus

Notice in the lowest sex crime areas: Pennsylvania, Maryland, North Carolina are areas with high concentrations of black males.

This story goes untold by the media, black males are criminalized but white males are not. Look at the sex crime stats. Point being, I can cherry pick facts to paint whatever narrative I want. If I want to criminalize blackmales I use car break-ins stats. If I want to criminalize white males I use child molestation statistics. Damn over 700,000 sex crimes committed in Oregon in a years time. WOW!!!

What about the highly publicized mass murders like in Newtown, Colorado etc. White males did these crimes not black males. The media did not make that up. You can not blame the media for that. First Down must want the media to harp on car break-ins. Common sense says of course the media is going to report the murder of innocent children over car break-in stats.
Gary84Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 11:47 AM   #18
Gary84Clark

Each year, low-life scumbags abduct about 58,000 unrelated children, primarily for sexual purposes, according to the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children. Nearly half of these children are sexually assaulted.
90% are by white males
Old 07-25-2013, 12:38 PM   #19
RedskinRat
Franchise Player

Quote:
Each year, low-life scumbags abduct about 58,000 unrelated children, primarily for sexual purposes, according to the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children. Nearly half of these children are sexually assaulted.
90% are by white males
The data quoted at the Missing Kids site makes mention of 58,000 but doesn't say why they were abducted, just that it was a non-family member.

You're reading a lot into this, aren't you?
RedskinRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 02:34 PM   #20
Gary84Clark

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinRat View Post
The data quoted at the Missing Kids site makes mention of 58,000 but doesn't say why they were abducted, just that it was a non-family member.

You're reading a lot into this, aren't you?
Exactly the point, about this news media bias thread. It exists, this type slanting is done on a daily basis versus black males. For instance, First Down citing so-called crime stas as reason enough for Zimmerman to kill Martin. These stats are facts but they are presented in a bias fashion in order to criminalize black males "aka the enemy", or slant the news. Thanks Rat you made my point. Media bias exists. Frist Down stas are padded with car break-ins and petty theft.
Old 07-25-2013, 02:51 PM   #21
RedskinRat
Franchise Player

Quote:
Exactly the point, about this news media bias thread.
You're a member of the media?

Quote:
It exists, this type slanting is done on a daily basis versus black males. For instance, First Down citing so-called crime stas as reason enough for Zimmerman to kill Martin. These stats are facts but they are presented in a bias fashion in order to criminalize black males "aka the enemy", or slant the news.
All the break-ins that were witnessed or solved (according to the local cops) were committed by young black males. Should we ignore that uncomfortable fact?

Quote:
Thanks Rat you made my point. Media bias exists. Frist Down stas are padded with car break-ins and petty theft.
So if you're a pudgy, cowardly man and know you are ineffective physically how would you lawfully protect yourself?

Once you are challenged you use what you perceive as your equalizer to a younger, fitter, more violent threat.

Last edited by RedskinRat; 07-25-2013 at 03:23 PM.
RedskinRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 05:59 PM   #22
Gary84Clark

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinRat View Post
You're a member of the media?

All the break-ins that were witnessed or solved (according to the local cops) were committed by young black males. Should we ignore that uncomfortable fact?

So if you're a pudgy, cowardly man and know you are ineffective physically how would you lawfully protect yourself?

Once you are challenged you use what you perceive as your equalizer to a younger, fitter, more violent threat.

Rat you're not addressing the white male sexual assault stats that prove Trayvon was right to suspect Zimmerman was attacking him? Your bias is hanging out.
Old 07-25-2013, 07:25 PM   #23
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Trayvon contributed to his own death by accidentally going to the store while George was prowling with his gun. Coming home from the store is contributing to your own death?
In that little world that you live in what do normal people do when they know that someone is following them ,I ask because in the real world you would scream for help or run to a neighbor ..or ...hell even run away but no , the "teenager went and confronted a total stranger"...tell me how smart that was !
Old 07-25-2013, 07:27 PM   #24
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
90% are by white males

You are ignorant of what you speak .
Old 07-25-2013, 07:47 PM   #25
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
You are ignorant of what you speak .
That's just pretty much how G84C rolls.
Old 07-25-2013, 07:54 PM   #26
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
That's just pretty much how G84C rolls.

Sorry, you're right .I'm still getting use to it.
Old 07-25-2013, 08:09 PM   #27
HailGreen28
Playmaker

Quote:
Rat you're not addressing the white male sexual assault stats that prove Trayvon was right to suspect Zimmerman was attacking him? Your bias is hanging out.
Ummm, this shouldn't be about race. ANY child molestation / teen rape is bad. That being said, your attempt to use ethnic stats to justify Trayvon Martin attacking George Zimmerman is faulty on two points:

1. Gary84, you said "90% are by white males". Didn't see predator ethnicities on the missingkids site, but based on childmolestationprevention.org, your numbers are off.They do have whites as 79% of offenders, but claim whites were overrepresented.

Demographic of US total: White alone, percent, 2012 (a) 77.9%. White alone, not Hispanic or Latino, percent, 2012 63.0%. So about 70% depending on whether you count "white hispanics" like Zimmerman.

The point is, while whites are more likely to commit child molestation than others, it's nowhere near enough to be statistically significant like you claimed. Read the survey, and you'll find that if you're saying Trayvon Martin had special reason to fear a white man would sexually assault him (more than all other ethnicities), then neither he nor you understand statistics. (hint, factor offenders vs. pop. The variance is smaller than you think.)

2. What sexual predator calls 911, and has the cops on the way, right before he tries sexually assaulting someone? The answer, I would think, is none. Kinda like a robber at a bank calling the cops right before he tries robbing it. If Zimmerman did anything wrong, sexual assault wasn't it. Which brings up one point: The prosecution absolutely hammered Zimmerman for making an incorrect assumption about Martin. That Martin had actually gone to the store and back, and wasn't just wandering aimlessly casing homes. If we are to believe you, Gary84, then Martin also made a false assumption about Zimmerman and acted on it. That Zimmerman was going to sexually assault him, when he apparently wasn't after calling the police first.

Nevermind that there's no evidence that Zimmerman tried molesting Martin, while there is evidence Martin was beating up Zimmerman.

In short, Gary84, you aren't helping Trayon Martin's case any. Rather, you're like the Rachel Jeantel of this thread.

PS. After googling this stuff, there should be no opposition to the death penalty for child molesters. According to studies, child molesters aren't any particular demographic other than males. Income, race, social standing doesn't matter. They're just plain evil.

Last edited by HailGreen28; 07-25-2013 at 08:14 PM.
HailGreen28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 08:59 PM   #28
Gary84Clark

Quote:
Originally Posted by HailGreen28 View Post
Ummm, this shouldn't be about race. ANY child molestation / teen rape is bad. That being said, your attempt to use ethnic stats to justify Trayvon Martin attacking George Zimmerman is faulty on two points:

1. Gary84, you said "90% are by white males". Didn't see predator ethnicities on the missingkids site, but based on childmolestationprevention.org, your numbers are off.They do have whites as 79% of offenders, but claim whites were overrepresented.

Demographic of US total: White alone, percent, 2012 (a) 77.9%. White alone, not Hispanic or Latino, percent, 2012 63.0%. So about 70% depending on whether you count "white hispanics" like Zimmerman.

The point is, while whites are more likely to commit child molestation than others, it's nowhere near enough to be statistically significant like you claimed. Read the survey, and you'll find that if you're saying Trayvon Martin had special reason to fear a white man would sexually assault him (more than all other ethnicities), then neither he nor you understand statistics. (hint, factor offenders vs. pop. The variance is smaller than you think.)

2. What sexual predator calls 911, and has the cops on the way, right before he tries sexually assaulting someone? The answer, I would think, is none. Kinda like a robber at a bank calling the cops right before he tries robbing it. If Zimmerman did anything wrong, sexual assault wasn't it. Which brings up one point: The prosecution absolutely hammered Zimmerman for making an incorrect assumption about Martin. That Martin had actually gone to the store and back, and wasn't just wandering aimlessly casing homes. If we are to believe you, Gary84, then Martin also made a false assumption about Zimmerman and acted on it. That Zimmerman was going to sexually assault him, when he apparently wasn't after calling the police first.

Nevermind that there's no evidence that Zimmerman tried molesting Martin, while there is evidence Martin was beating up Zimmerman.

In short, Gary84, you aren't helping Trayon Martin's case any. Rather, you're like the Rachel Jeantel of this thread.

PS. After googling this stuff, there should be no opposition to the death penalty for child molesters. According to studies, child molesters aren't any particular demographic other than males. Income, race, social standing doesn't matter. They're just plain evil.
The topic is media bias. It's okay to use stats to criminalize Trayvon but ther are equal stats taht could criminalize Zimmerman. Media Bias. Ignorant about sexual offenses? prove it? she lie fan!
Old 07-25-2013, 09:12 PM   #29
Gary84Clark

I'm done, the point is there is a media bias. It is silly to try to use cirme stats to criminalize black males, white males, or whomever. It's just dumb.
Old 07-25-2013, 11:37 PM   #30
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
I'm done, the point is there is a media bias. It is silly to try to use cirme stats to criminalize black males, white males, or whomever. It's just dumb.
I'm going to regret this, but....what??