North Carolina passes same-sex marriage ban

Debating with the enemy

Old 05-09-2012, 03:24 PM   #16
firstdown
Living Legend

Re: North Carolina passes same-sex marriage ban

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Well I guess Obama was Ignorant when he won the WH back in 2008.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 05-09-2012, 03:30 PM   #17
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmpetert View Post
What is this susposed to imply?
People who have gone to college are without ignorance?
Those who havent gone to college are ignorant?

Didnt you go to ECU? How come your ignorant gay hating community voted yes?
Not sure why really. Could be the age groups in those areas, it could be that more locals go to the other schools as compared to locals go to ECU. As for why my ignorant gay hating community voted yes? Well, it's because they are a ignorant gay hating community. Nothing else to say on that.

Guess I paid more attention in classes than some people.

A degree doesn't mean you aren't ignorant. You can be ignorant and still have a degree.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 03:32 PM   #18
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Well I guess Obama was Ignorant when he won the WH back in 2008.
Not really, it's just that NC (and the rest of the US) were just fed up that much with Republicans. Had GWB not done the shitty job he did those 8 years, another Repub candidate would have been a shoo-in in NC.

Speaking of Obama, I'm quite shocked that he's taken this stance publicly.

President Obama supports gay marriage equality in ABC News interview - Pop2it - Zap2it

Quote:
In a historic move, President Barack Obama has become the very first President of the United States to voice support for marriage equality and same-sex marriage. A new interview with ABC News' Robin Roberts reveals that Obama, who has previously voted against marriage equality and in favor of civil unions, has changed his stance, explaining that his opinion has "evolved."

"It is important me to be able to affirm that I think same-sex couples should be able to get married," he tells Roberts.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
Old 05-09-2012, 03:36 PM   #19
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Not sure why really. Could be the age groups in those areas, it could be that more locals go to the other schools as compared to locals go to ECU. As for why my ignorant gay hating community voted yes? Well, it's because they are a ignorant gay hating community. Nothing else to say on that.

A degree doesn't mean you aren't ignorant. You can be ignorant and still have a degree.
So your saying people cannot just think that its against gods will so they voted for the ban?
Old 05-09-2012, 03:40 PM   #20
Player_HTTR
Special Teams

Quote:

So is everyone who doesn't agree with you ignorant? What if they paid even more attention than you in classes? Funny how you can attack those with opposing views from atop the soapbox of tolerance. Not debating the merits of marriage in any form just trying to point out the lack of class you gave displayed so far. But I am just a big dumb hick living in Macon County so please forgive my ignorance.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
Player_HTTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 03:40 PM   #21
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmpetert View Post
f'n wack-ass democracy, always determining what people can and cannot do.
? I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or if you actually disagree with my statement. It should be obvious by now I disagree with all the bible-thumpers wanting to protect the sanctity of marriage and its' 55% divorce rate.
Old 05-09-2012, 03:42 PM   #22
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
So your saying people cannot just think that its against gods will so they voted for the ban?
Did god shoot them a message on facebook telling to vote for it? Text message? How do they know what god's will is? Last time I checked, it's god's will for all man to love on another just as he loved you. So now, you get into the business of playing the role of god, and now you know what's best for these heathens based of his will which you really have no clue on. Sounds like some other radical religious nuts we know about.
Old 05-09-2012, 03:43 PM   #23
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
what?

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 03:47 PM   #24
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Player_HTTR View Post
So is everyone who doesn't agree with you ignorant? What if they paid even more attention than you in classes? Funny how you can attack those with opposing views from atop the soapbox of tolerance. Not debating the merits of marriage in any form just trying to point out the lack of class you gave displayed so far. But I am just a big dumb hick living in Macon County so please forgive my ignorance.

You are forgiven.

In all seriousness, I'm not attacking their views on homosexuality. I'm attacking their ability to separate supporting homosexuality with supporting rights for people as human beings. The ignorance lies in the fact that they want to intertwine the two. Religion has no reason being part of government or business. Religion is a personal thing. It should guide you and only you as well as it should only affect YOU and only YOU. It's when your religion starts stomping on the rights of others because you deem it a sin. If it is a sin, god will judge him. These very people who profess to be religious are breaking their own rules just so they can squash something they deem wrong.

I suggest you view that youtube video I posted of that pastor speaking. Allow a man of god to explain it to you.

Old 05-09-2012, 03:47 PM   #25
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Did god shoot them a message on facebook telling to vote for it? Text message? How do they know what god's will is? Last time I checked, it's god's will for all man to love on another just as he loved you. So now, you get into the business of playing the role of god, and now you know what's best for these heathens based of his will which you really have no clue on. Sounds like some other radical religious nuts we know about.
Actually I am God and I came back to earth as an igorant man who has poor speeling skills.
Old 05-09-2012, 03:50 PM   #26
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Actually I am God and I came back to earth as an igorant man who has poor speeling skills.

I've got nothing...lol
Old 05-09-2012, 03:59 PM   #27
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

I agree that it's a state right. Though I can comprehend why any state would be against it. Call it ignorance, call it naivete but why can't a gay couple be allowed to marry? Why should so much time and energy be spent arguing against it when there are so many more serious problems (unemployment, the economy) to worry about.
Old 05-09-2012, 04:02 PM   #28
Player_HTTR
Special Teams

Quote:
You are forgiven.

In all seriousness, I'm not attacking their views on homosexuality. I'm attacking their ability to separate supporting homosexuality with supporting rights for people as human beings. The ignorance lies in the fact that they want to intertwine the two. Religion has no reason being part of government or business. Religion is a personal thing. It should guide you and only you as well as it should only affect YOU and only YOU. It's when your religion starts stomping on the rights of others because you deem it a sin. If it is a sin, god will judge him. These very people who profess to be religious are breaking their own rules just so they can squash something they deem wrong.

I suggest you view that youtube video I posted of that pastor speaking. Allow a man of god to explain it to you.
I guess you missed my point. I don't think there is a youtube video that will explain it.

Old 05-09-2012, 04:04 PM   #29
Player_HTTR
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I agree that it's a state right. Though I can comprehend why any state would be against it. Call it ignorance, call it naivete but why can't a gay couple be allowed to marry? Why should so much time and energy be spent arguing against it when there are so many more serious problems (unemployment, the economy) to worry about.
See NC thats how its done.

Old 05-09-2012, 04:08 PM   #30
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Player_HTTR View Post
I guess you missed my point. I don't think there is a youtube video that will explain it.
I didn't miss your point, and that video was posted to squash any such notion that religion should be apart of this vote. You have a man who preaches the word of god telling you otherwise.

I don't think people are ignorant just because my they don't agree with my views. I could care less about your views on homosexuality. This isn't about homosexuality. This is about giving rights to individuals. Plain and simple.

What merits are there to debate about marriage? Whatever it is, I'm quite positive it leads back to *gasp* religion. Which is exactly why I've said what I've said. Voting for ones rights, doesn't mean you are voting in favor of homosexuality. Voting in against this amendment doesn't make you any less of a Christian.

Did you even watch the video? I'll be amazed if you actually did.