Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy

So Proud To Be A Baltimoron

Debating with the enemy

Old 04-11-2012, 02:25 PM   #16
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

re: So Proud To Be A Baltimoron

Hope everyone involved gets ran over by a dump truck with a full load. People like this don't deserve life, nor should they breed.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-11-2012, 02:26 PM   #17
GMScud
Swearinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
What is amazing is Granderson normal writes such dribble.

I guess even a broken clock is right twice a day.
Never read his stuff before, but that was well done.
Old 04-11-2012, 02:33 PM   #18
12thMan
MVP

Bmore careful, JoeRedskin
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 03:00 PM   #19
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Old 04-11-2012, 03:25 PM   #20
dmek25
MVP

i have recently written a letter to Jesse Jackson, to see what his involvement will be in this case( if any) be interesting to see if i get a response
Old 04-11-2012, 04:34 PM   #21
los panda
Pro Bowl

the amazing race isn't a show about white people
Old 04-11-2012, 04:40 PM   #22
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

I expect nothing less than this happening in Baltimore. My friend was in town (who's white) and she sometimes wears a red bandana and we were supposed to be hanging out in Baltimore.

Yeahhhhh. I told her she probably shouldn't do that.

I mean how is police presence in Baltimore anyway? I swear every time I'm down there I never see a cop and with the amount of seedy people and the obvious drug presence, especially around Camden Yards and heading towards UMBC, I'm surprised seeing a cop is a rare occassion.

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 06:20 PM   #23
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmek25 View Post
i have recently written a letter to Jesse Jackson, to see what his involvement will be in this case( if any) be interesting to see if i get a response
Good luck. I heard his daughter on a show yesterday and when asked to denounce the New Black Panthers bounty and their dead or alive thing on Zimmerman she would not do it. She was given 3 or 4 times and talked around the subject every time. The guy was not very bright to be walking down that street at night. The one guy snatched his watch from his pocket wonder if had removed it worried he might get robbed.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 01:48 PM   #24
BleedBurgundy
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
I expect nothing less than this happening in Baltimore. My friend was in town (who's white) and she sometimes wears a red bandana and we were supposed to be hanging out in Baltimore.

Yeahhhhh. I told her she probably shouldn't do that.

I mean how is police presence in Baltimore anyway? I swear every time I'm down there I never see a cop and with the amount of seedy people and the obvious drug presence, especially around Camden Yards and heading towards UMBC, I'm surprised seeing a cop is a rare occassion.
because they're too busy with the less dangerous/more profitable 'criminals' i.e. moving vehicle violations.

Thomas Paine
BleedBurgundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 08:35 AM   #25
over the mountain
Playmaker

It looks like he was standing right outside the mitchell courthouse/old post office where prostitutes stand around. Its a block away from the strip club area.

While what happened is a shame and wrong, it wasnt unexpected. Guy was blackout drunk, hanging out where he shouldnt be hanging out and making himself any easy target for a guy to just reach in and grab his wallet . . . atleast it was one punch and not a beat down.

almost exact same thing happened to me but i woke up in the hospital and needed facial reconstructive surgery ...... when i lived in San Diego.
Old 04-23-2012, 10:08 AM   #26
firstdown
Living Legend

Re: So Proud To Be A Baltimoron

Quote:
Originally Posted by over the mountain View Post
It looks like he was standing right outside the mitchell courthouse/old post office where prostitutes stand around. Its a block away from the strip club area.

While what happened is a shame and wrong, it wasnt unexpected. Guy was blackout drunk, hanging out where he shouldnt be hanging out and making himself any easy target for a guy to just reach in and grab his wallet . . . atleast it was one punch and not a beat down.

almost exact same thing happened to me but i woke up in the hospital and needed facial reconstructive surgery ...... when i lived in San Diego.
Really, couldn't we then say the same aout Trayvon?
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 10:35 AM   #27
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmek25 View Post
You do realize that he's going to toss any letter from Lancaster, PA into his "Racist Hate Mail" bin, right?
Old 07-16-2013, 08:28 PM   #28
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

More from my beautiful city ...

Witness claims youths yelled 'this is for Trayvon' in beating - baltimoresun.com

Crux of it ... black teens beat up Hispanic guy shouting "This is for Trayvon". On the Baltimore Sun website this article ran in standard print below the story in large bold print with a picture "Trayvon Martin a 'symbol' of issues facing blacks in the city, protestors say".

I leave it to you to decide what that says about the state of the city.
Old 07-16-2013, 09:42 PM   #29
HailGreen28
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
It's things like these that really make me wonder about humanity and contemplate just how close to barbarians we are. In Tulsa, white guys go on a vengeful killing spree targeting folks just b/c of the skin color. In Baltimore, we have a complete breakdown of civilized behaviour that is proudly displayed by its participants. The level of "You just dont' get it" is both mind boggling and dispiriting.

I know good and evil exist and it is our lot. It's just depressing sometimes.

(And, yes, 12th, I am talking just to hear myself talk).
Lol, I *love* words like "inhumane" and "crime against humanity" and similar terms. NOTHING we see or read about through history's atrocities, including messed up stuff today, was ever "inhuman". We do it to ourselves all the time, as regular humans. In groups or with any emotional excuse, humans can be the worst of all God's creatures.
HailGreen28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 10:43 PM   #30
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

As terrible as that sounds, at this point things like that are almost to be expected because of the national outcry to the case. I have really avoided discussing the case with my friends and coworkers because if you're not saying "kill Zimmerman" they don't wanna hear it. And my entire opinion on the subject is that I wasn't there and I don't know what happened, so I'm not going to judge anybody for it. The sad thing about the whole case is that a human life was lost over some bs.

Anyways, my main thought in regards to this undeserved beating is that, even as we advance, and the human race evolves, along with technology and so much other stuff in this world, there are still some things lagging behind, namely education (and as a bullet point: understanding the judicial system, regardless of whether you think it works or not), and it's probably going to take hundreds of years before we get rid of the popular "burn the witch" mentality still prevalent today. I have coworkers that I think are riding the Zimmerman hate train just because it's the popular opinion. Not that that should be too surprising.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote