Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Will Dan Snyder finally fire Vinny Cerrato

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-29-2009, 10:21 PM   #16
12thMan
MVP

Re: Will Dan Snyder finally fire Vinny Cerrato

Seriously, if he remains with the club they had better give him THE most obscure job. Anything --anything-- remotely close to being involved with decision making and I think fans will be royally pissed.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-29-2009, 10:21 PM   #17
skinsfan_nn
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinFanatic View Post
Great observations. I think these are things that really have been giving me the gut feeling that Danny is through with Vinny. It was funny to watch VC bumble through that interview, wasn't it. Guy is clueless!
Thanks SkinFanatic.

But the sad, true reality is we have been watching this bumbling idiot for far to long. And yes he is clueless without doubt.
"There's no greater feeling than moving a man from Point A to Point B, against his will." #68

THANKS COACH GIBBS FOR EVERYTHING! YOUR THE MAN AND ALWAYS WILL BE!
skinsfan_nn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 10:23 PM   #18
skinsfan_nn
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thman View Post
seriously, if he remains with the club they had better give him the most obscure job. Anything --anything-- remotely close to being involved with decision making and i think fans will be royally pissed.
-"VP" of janitorial services-
"There's no greater feeling than moving a man from Point A to Point B, against his will." #68

THANKS COACH GIBBS FOR EVERYTHING! YOUR THE MAN AND ALWAYS WILL BE!
skinsfan_nn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 10:26 PM   #19
Coff
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan_nn View Post
No due to the fact that we are in the middle of the season and Dan himself has not spoken to many OR ANY MEDIA, which is probably smart. He holds the key and the answers, and I'm sure his mind is already made up. Kind of like it is with Zorn IMO.

But I have read several things that stood out. BMitch after meeting with Dan mentioned that he thought this was the end for Vinny. One other thing I recall reading was that when Zorn was hired, if things did not work VINNY would be held accountable. I think it's fair to say things are not working out.

The interview yesterday with Vinny when he is fumbling words all over the place like he gave Zorn a playoff caliber team to work with...? YES. Was he concerned about his job security, ALWAYS. But I don't worry about those things they will work themselves out in the off season...?

I really think he is done. Dan HAS to be smarter than having this guy around ANY LONGER.
I hope you're right.
Coff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 10:48 PM   #20
Bill B
Impact Rookie

My opinion is Vinny will be canned at the end of the season. Vinny takes full responsibility for putting this team together including the coaching staff.

AS far as keeping him around in another capacity I think that would be a horrible idea - he needs to be fully cut off and no longer part of the Redskins. They need to allow the new GM to take full reigns of the team and let him build it completely without any distractions - and keeping Cerrato around would become a distraction as fans really want him out - this is similar to Matt Millen in Detroit - this bridged is so burned that there is no coming back and you need to fully reorganize from top to bottom.

By the way can the boardmasters put a poll up about whether Vinny will be fired at the end of the season?
Bill B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 11:07 PM   #21
JLee9718
Impact Rookie

I wonder what the Redskins' record would be if we had drafted offensive linemen with those three 2nd round draft choices instead of two receives and a tight end two years ago. Of course, we would have had to pay somebody else to make the selections given how Vinny picked Chad Rinehart with a 3rd round draft choice last year. Bugel is not the same coach as he was in the '80's, so we really need to have Russ Grimm back as offensive line coach. Maybe Joe Jacoby, too.
JLee9718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 11:30 PM   #22
Trample the Elderly
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
The day Danny fires Vinny, I will party like Harvey Keitel in the Bad Lieutenant.
Now that's a party!
Old 10-29-2009, 11:31 PM   #23
A10sROCK
Impact Rookie

Cerrato is simply a cover to allow Snyder to help make personnel decisions for the team. Vinny allows Snyder to continue his own version of fantasy football.

Snyder MAY fire Vinny to take some of the heat off himself. Snyder may be forced to fire Cerrato as a condition of a new Head Coach like Shannihan.
Snyder may have to fire Cerrato as a condition of a new GM, if Danny hires one.

However bad Cerrato looks to be as a judge of personnel talent in the draft or FA, you've got to remember that Snyder was at least partially involved in that decision.

Only with a new GM with 100% control will the "Snyderrato" problem be solved.
A10sROCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 11:43 PM   #24
rbanerjee23
The Starter

Will he fire VC? Yes, Will he hire a good GM? No...
put it down, he is going to hire a patsy yes-man. DS is going to use this season as an excuse to give himself more control over the team, I am expecting us to enter a Raider-esque decline over the next 5-10 years.

-Mike Shanahan

HTTR
rbanerjee23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 11:49 PM   #25
MTK
\m/

I honestly don't think Snyder is currently as heavily involved as some think.

I do think that for the most part, Vinny has been running football ops for the last 2 years.

I think yes, Snyder has had some input but again not as much as some think.

I think we'll finally see the end of the Vinny "era" in DC after this season. The pressure will be too great, and the embarrassment of a horrid season will be too much for Snyder to stand pat and not make a move. The guy is a mover and a shaker by trade. There's no way that heads aren't rolling after the dust settles on this mess of a season.

What happens after that I don't know, we can only pray that someone with half a brain that he trusts is in his ear and he'll make the right call and get a real football guy in here to run the show, and he will finally step 100% out of the way.
Old 10-30-2009, 12:03 AM   #26
djnemo65
Playmaker

What an unusual state the team is in, with the fanbase begging for a rebuilding project and wondering if the owner will oblige? It's usually the otherway around, with the fans not wanting to start over and the owner not wanting to continue to pay big money for an aging team. Given public sentiment, Snyder finds himself in the enviable position of being able to have his cake and eat it. He can cut older players, abstain from free agent signings, and focus on building through the draft while, amazingly, pleasing pretty much everybody! The city would be positively thrilled with a few losing seasons, providing it is young hungry players doing the losing. If he is half the business man we all think he is he will seize this opportunity.
djnemo65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 12:48 AM   #27
The Goat
Pro Bowl

Doesn't Snyder go through FO people like toilet paper, with the exception of Vinny's constant presence? I think that reveals heavy-handed involvement by the owner, and it should make it very difficult for him to turn things around. I keep asking the question and ownership apologists don't really have an answer: why would anyone real smart, real good at their job come work for Snyder? Other than his ongoing relationship w/ Gibbs it seems almost universally Snyder burns bridges with the folks who pass through his franchise. And for how many people has working for Snyder's Redskins been a good career move? Is there anyone who can say that?

...my guess is Snyder will always have interest in big names, big personalities, basically anyone or anything that boosts sales. We hear about him trying to catch the big fish all the time. I would also guess those guys are too smart to ever work for Snyder. In fact I'll be suspicious of anyone who takes a job under him cuz it just seems like a dumb thing to do (unless all you care about is the money baby!).
Old 10-30-2009, 08:32 AM   #28
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
Doesn't Snyder go through FO people like toilet paper, with the exception of Vinny's constant presence? I think that reveals heavy-handed involvement by the owner, and it should make it very difficult for him to turn things around. I keep asking the question and ownership apologists don't really have an answer: why would anyone real smart, real good at their job come work for Snyder? Other than his ongoing relationship w/ Gibbs it seems almost universally Snyder burns bridges with the folks who pass through his franchise. And for how many people has working for Snyder's Redskins been a good career move? Is there anyone who can say that?

...my guess is Snyder will always have interest in big names, big personalities, basically anyone or anything that boosts sales. We hear about him trying to catch the big fish all the time. I would also guess those guys are too smart to ever work for Snyder. In fact I'll be suspicious of anyone who takes a job under him cuz it just seems like a dumb thing to do (unless all you care about is the money baby!).
Can you list some examples?

I don't know but you might want to ask the likes of Scott Campbell, Eric Shaffer, and Morocco Brown. It's not like the cupboard is totally bare when it comes to the front office. There's some quality guys there.
Old 10-30-2009, 09:34 AM   #29
JLee9718
Impact Rookie

We're probably looking at a 3-13 season. At the beginning, I predicted we would finish at least 12-4. For all the Redskins fans that love Joe Gibbs, he had a big hand in getting us the personnel we have on the roster. I love Joe Gibbs and what he brought to us in 1980 through 1991, but Gibbs needs a Bobby Beathard or a Charley Casserly to get him players. He didn't do too well when he traded draft choices for guys that didn't fit in with the Redskins.
JLee9718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 09:46 AM   #30
celts32
Playmaker

I think he will fire or reassign Vinny...not becasue he sees the error of his ways but because he sees the outcry and is in the business of selling season tickets.

As I stand over the rubble of the team i have loved my whole life I believe more then ever that Dan Snyder is not a huge Redskins fan like he is portrayed. A Redskins fan would want to win at all costs. Snyder only wants to win his way with his guy in charge. Winning is not enough for him...he needs to win and feed his ego at the same time. There is no way a true Redskins fan would do this.

“Goal line, goal line. I-left, tight wing, 70 chip on white.”

www.facebook.com/HackettstownBeerClub
celts32 is offline   Reply With Quote