Old 02-19-2014, 04:09 AM   #16
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Re: The Law - Oddities and Facts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinRat View Post
Really? Why me, 'of all people'?

I don't hate cops,.

This ,everything you post says the exact opposite .

Advertisements
Old 02-19-2014, 04:12 AM   #17
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
The professor generally gave good advice - which the veteran police officer subsequently confirmed. At times, and in my opinion, he overstated some of the ramifications,.

I agree but also look at whom he was addressing .
Old 02-19-2014, 04:17 AM   #18
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
It's scary how easily people like G1 and many others who see things in his view are willing to throw away constitutional protections.

Want a gun, you must be a nut, clearly the 2nd amendment was not for nuts, so why even bother with the 2nd amendment.

Want to not say something, you must be guilty, obviously the 5th amendment shouldn't protect the guilty, so why even invoke the 5th amendment.

Want decisions kept at lower levels of government, clearly you don't want the greater good, the 10th amendment wasn't suppose to negate the greater good, so why even invoke the 10th amendment.

Don't want drones and wiretapping to be legal, clearly you are hiding something, so we need the drones and wiretapping to find out how bad you really are, who needs that protection for unreasonable search and seizure. Put password protection on your computer as you cross the border, that sounds like probable cause to the courts (look it up yourself). Sayonara 4th amendment.

It's sad how you and the others (rat) just want this country to live in fear ,I pity you .
Old 02-19-2014, 09:56 AM   #19
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
It's sad how you and the others (rat) just want this country to live in fear ,I pity you .
Says the "man" afraid of legal firearms.
Old 02-19-2014, 11:02 AM   #20
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
it's not about fear, it's about living up to the ideals of the constitution, and understanding what a dramatic and history altering set of ideals those were and still are.

We've been given an opportunity to live in a land that was built on the idea that government was beholden to the people that it governed. Because our nation has grown, and others have followed our basic tenets, many now want to act as if that is the natural state of people/government relations. But it's not, it never has been. The desire to govern, at it's core, is the desire to set up structures that others must follow. In our country, we put many restraints on every level of government, and our Constitution provides balancing rights to the people, so that structure can be created, while people still have the ability to live a life less beholden to that structure. The withering away of the balancing effect of the Bill of Rights has dramatically shifted the perception and balance of power in the people/government relationship. And it is sad to watch sheeple who gladly give away those things that people have shed their blood for for over 200 + years.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 11:18 AM   #21
RedskinRat
Franchise Player

Quote:
This ,everything you post says the exact opposite .
That'll be on your ability to comprehend.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
RedskinRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 03:17 PM   #22
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

Quote:
I agree but also look at whom he was addressing .
Why does that matter? Are you suggesting his advice is inapplicable to non-lawyers? Are you suggesting he overstated things b/c he was addressing lawyers?

It is not evidence of hating, disliking or otherwise disapproving of cops if you simply do not want to risk your freedom on the possibility of innocent mistakes by others.

If you really, really feel compelled to respond to cop, always a clarify first "Am I a suspect or a possible suspect in any police investigation?" If the answer is anything but an unequivocal no, just shut the f*** up. As the professor covered, however, even if they say no, it's not a guarantee you won't get in trouble by talking to them.

Again, you are free to take that risk. I choose not to and would advise any friend, neighbor, acquaintance to do the same.

Well, except RR - he should blab away. I am sure he would say nothing that would piss anyone off or get him into any kind of trouble.
Old 02-19-2014, 03:26 PM   #23
JoeRedskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
it's not about fear, it's about living up to the ideals of the constitution, and understanding what a dramatic and history altering set of ideals those were and still are.

We've been given an opportunity to live in a land that was built on the idea that government was beholden to the people that it governed. Because our nation has grown, and others have followed our basic tenets, many now want to act as if that is the natural state of people/government relations. But it's not, it never has been. The desire to govern, at it's core, is the desire to set up structures that others must follow. In our country, we put many restraints on every level of government, and our Constitution provides balancing rights to the people, so that structure can be created, while people still have the ability to live a life less beholden to that structure. The withering away of the balancing effect of the Bill of Rights has dramatically shifted the perception and balance of power in the people/government relationship. And it is sad to watch sheeple who gladly give away those things that people have shed their blood for for over 200 + years.
+1

G1 - Who is more afraid:

The one who puts his safety at risk by insisting it is better for 99 guilty to be free to roam the streets rather than locking up one innocent person? or

The one who seeks safety by taking the risk of putting one innocent person in in jail in order to ensure 99 guilty are incarcerated?
Old 02-19-2014, 04:36 PM   #24
RedskinRat
Franchise Player

Quote:
Well, except RR - he should blab away. I am sure he would say nothing that would piss anyone off or get him into any kind of trouble.
Very hurtful.

Old 02-19-2014, 04:50 PM   #25
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
If that makes you sleep better at night ,fine . I think it is funny you of all people said "romanticized heroes" .You are as ignorant of the job these men perform as anyone I have ever met .You want me to say they are all rotten and agree with you and others because you got a effing speeding ticket when you where in high school , sorry not going to happen .
As in any profession there are some people that aren't very good but you on the other hand feel that all cops are bad .Yes I believe their job is hard as shit and I for one don't want to make it any harder then it already is .You and NC Skins give the impression that all police are bad ,must be easy for you to sit back and be a "Monday morning QB" about police work when you don't have to do it .Yes to your ignorance I did watch that whole video but doesn't mean I agree with it ,so jr every teacher you ever had was right .....everyone ? Remember the video he is a law professor telling law students ,nope not skewed at all is it ?Lets think if no one talks to police and everyone wants a lawyer ,maybe we can employ all the lawyers who are still in Law school ,yah think ,now why would lawyers tell you not to talk to police and call them ,think ?(rat never mind)
Old 02-19-2014, 06:08 PM   #26
RedskinRat
Franchise Player

Well played, MD.

Old 02-19-2014, 09:10 PM   #27
JoeRedskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinRat View Post
Very hurtful.

lol ... "hurtful"? Disappointing RR, I would expect such a response from G1, but I thought you were made of sterner stuff. Tell you what ... let's make a drum circle, sing some kumbaya and hug it out.

I promise I won't tell the cops.
Old 02-19-2014, 09:23 PM   #28
RedskinRat
Franchise Player

Quote:
lol ... "hurtful"? Disappointing RR, I would expect such a response from G1, but I thought you were made of sterner stuff. Tell you what ... let's make a drum circle, sing some kumbaya and hug it out.

Admin! Admin! I'm being sexually harassed by JR!
Old 02-19-2014, 09:29 PM   #29
JoeRedskin

^^ rofl
Old 02-20-2014, 04:06 AM   #30
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
lol ...Tell you what ... let's make a drum circle, sing some kumbaya and hug it out.

Are you saying RR is gay ???