Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Other Sports

Lebron snaps back at critics in new Nike Commercial

Other Sports

Old 12-01-2010, 08:35 PM   #16
cpayne5
Playmaker

Re: Lebron snaps back at critics in new Nike Commercial

I don't think that that's really MJ's response. It's a combination of two independent commercials.

The MJ commercial appeared several years ago.

This doesn't diminish the fact that Lebron is a big baby, though.

Advertisements
Old 12-01-2010, 08:49 PM   #17
itvnetop
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpayne5 View Post
I don't think that that's really MJ's response. It's a combination of two independent commercials.

The MJ commercial appeared several years ago.

This doesn't diminish the fact that Lebron is a big baby, though.
LOL, wow that makes more sense. Was wondering why Nike would produce two rival commercials when they're sponsoring both parties.

my blather
itvnetop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 10:20 PM   #18
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Quote:
Originally Posted by itvnetop View Post

Geez Mike... taking it a bit personally?
Whoa. I mean there's no doubt that Michael's a dick, but as the saying goes. The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 10:25 PM   #19
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Cleveland Response

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Old 12-01-2010, 10:49 PM   #20
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

Okay.. I guess I'm not up on the whole Lebron Fiasco, so an update would be nice... It just seems like the guy screwed Cleveland by leaving for Miami. I heard he was a dick about it though.. How?

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 11:08 PM   #21
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
Okay.. I guess I'm not up on the whole Lebron Fiasco, so an update would be nice... It just seems like the guy screwed Cleveland by leaving for Miami. I heard he was a dick about it though.. How?
Short Version: Lebron quit during the playoffs and then humiliated the city of Cleveland on National Television twice over the course of a couple of days. All this from a guy that promised he wouldn't stop until he brought a championship to Cleveland.

Long Version: Started back in Game 5 of the playoffs last season against Boston where he pretty much quit on the team during the playoffs. Speculation leads people to believe that part of the reason he quit was because he knew he was as good as gone.

After the game he was questioned about why he looked out of it during the game. Lebron's responded by saying that he had spoiled people with his play.
6 Minute Mark

Then comes the summer of free agency. Lebron/Wade/Bosh had pretty much decided during the Olympics that they were going to play with each other when their contracts expired and set up their contracts so they would all be free agents around the same time. Some have speculated that the whole Free Agent visits were just for show so they could have enough material to put together a documentary and that Miami was the choice all along. Of course that's only speculation.

Then came the television special. Which basically culminated in the equvilent of a nationally televised breakup. Rather then a quick sportscenter report the fans of Cleveland were treated to an hour long special.

If that wasn't bad enough the Heat had a "Welcome Party" a few days later were Lebron and company danced around, again on national television. During the party the new Big 3 were interviewed and they proceeded to talk about how good they were going to be. My personal favorite parts were Lebron talking about how they were so good that Pat Riley would have been able to come back and play. Lebron also predeicted that they were going to win as many as 7 championships.
Madness starts at around 1:56

For the sake of trying to cool things down back in Ohio Lebron....how do I say this. Basically he made it out like the people of Cleveland looked down on the people of Akron and that he was loyal to Akron not Cleveland
LeBron James takes out full-page ad in newspaper thanking Akron, Ohio - does not mention Cleveland

LeBron James GQ Interview: 'We Hated Cleveland' (PHOTO)
Quote:
James also touched on growing up in Akron and hating Cleveland as a kid. According to ESPN, James told GQ, "Clevelanders, because they were the bigger-city kids when we were growing up, looked down on us. So we didn't actually like Cleveland. We hated Cleveland growing up. There's a lot of people in Cleveland we still hate to this day."
Theres many other problems especially when it comes to his entourage and the type of influence they have but thats another issue entirely. If you're interested Outside the Lines did a special on one of the most prominent members, World Wide Wes.

- FRPLG

Last edited by Dirtbag59; 12-02-2010 at 01:42 AM.
Old 12-02-2010, 12:35 AM   #22
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

Wow! Thanks for the comprehensive details Dirt. I'm all caught up now! Sad about Lebron, I always liked him back when he was younger. Now he's turned into the Kanye of the NBA; me, me, me. :/

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 12:59 AM   #23
Ruhskins
Living Legend

I can maybe see why Cleveland fans are upset, but the way I look at it... Cleveland never put a good supporting cast around LeBron, yet he still carried that team to the playoffs and even to a championship appearance. LeBron always had the opportunity to go to a bigger market and make more money, but he didn't the first time around when he could've bolted. And now people shit on him because he decided to take on the sidekick role to Dwayne Wade (b/c Miami is D-Wade's team), how is that being all about him??

Honestly, I don't care about LeBron, I'm not a fan (I always thought Carmelo Anthony should've won Rookie of the Year over LeBron). But people blowing this out of proportion and it's ridiculous. Like I said, I'm sure the Cleveland fans are pissed about this, but I don't get why other people are all up in arms about it.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 01:04 AM   #24
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Quote:
Originally Posted by itvnetop View Post
LOL, wow that makes more sense. Was wondering why Nike would produce two rival commercials when they're sponsoring both parties.
Man I just got my bubble burst. The Jordan response is just a creative mashup of the Lebron commercial and a Jordan commercial from two years ago.

I guess Nike isn't crazy enough to release a response like that, but at the same time I do wonder if their advertising department is all it's cracked up to be. Seems like they're recycling commercials, hence why the Jordan Response video fit right in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
Wow! Thanks for the comprehensive details Dirt. I'm all caught up now! Sad about Lebron, I always liked him back when he was younger. Now he's turned into the Kanye of the NBA; me, me, me. :/
Thanks, some people might call me a Lebron hater but the fact of the matter is I'm a Lebron Truther. I won't stop until people realize that the Decision was an Inside Job.

- FRPLG
Old 12-02-2010, 01:08 AM   #25
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag359 View Post
Thanks, some people might call me a Lebron hater but the fact of the matter is I'm a Lebron Truther. I won't stop until people realize that the Decision was an Inside Job.
Inside Job?
R.I.P. #21
Old 12-02-2010, 01:14 AM   #26
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Inside Job?
Yes the banks, the illumanti, and the Masons all had financial interest in South Beach. Lebron was the perfect distraction to allow them to continue working on forming their new world order. It's crazy stuff man. I could get killed for telling you some of this asjdk;lfjadsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssxmmfklndldggggggggggggggggg ggggggggf

- FRPLG
Old 12-02-2010, 01:28 AM   #27
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag359 View Post
Yes the banks, the illumanti, and the Masons all had financial interest in South Beach. Lebron was the perfect distraction to allow them to continue working on forming their new world order. It's crazy stuff man. I could get killed for telling you some of this asjdk;lfjadsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssxmmfklndldggggggggggggggggg ggggggggf
Was that David Stern sending a hitman to take you out? LOL.
R.I.P. #21
Old 12-02-2010, 02:24 AM   #28
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

I've been a Lebron hater ever since he kept kicking the Wizards out of the playoffs for like 3 straight seasons a few years ago, but what really turned me off was his hour long special where he decided where to go (I mean that pretty much screams arrogant, why couldn't he be like the other 1+ million athletes who have entered free agency and have picked a team, signed a contract, and gotten announced with that team without having to go on national television to announce where he's signing?) and an article I read from some writer on ESPN who hung out with Lebron and his crew in Vegas and pretty much wrote about how much of a douchebag he is. Now you can definitely count me in with the haters who hope he never wins a championship in Miami and hopefully gets broken up if the NBA ever gets around to setting a hard salary cap.
Old 12-02-2010, 08:24 PM   #29
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Anyone watching the Return. Even I can't believe how much energy there is in this game tonight. Kenny was right it's like an NBA Finals matchup.

- FRPLG
Old 12-02-2010, 11:42 PM   #30
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Michael Jordan says he played no part in fake ad that mocks LeBron James - ESPN

- FRPLG