Skins Future?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-02-2009, 04:40 PM   #16
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Re: Skins Future?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog1 View Post
Colonel Mustard in Vinnie's office with a flame-thrower........
I think Imdub, mImpetert, Matty, and SS, should all have shotguns at the ready, and when DS comes in, I'll collect them all, and hide them a la Roadhouse!
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-02-2009, 04:43 PM   #17
Defensewins
Playmaker

I think a lot depends on the upcoming draft and offseason. If we can get two to three O-lineman starters and a running back that do more than just contribute, we can be legit playoff contenders in two seasons. The problem is our draft record has shown we are not capable of getting multiple (3 or more) difference maker type players in one draft class.

Vinny must go! That is a must. But Snyder scares me about Vinny. Nothing would surprise me when it comes to Vinny and Danny. I would not be shocked if he kept Vinny on for one more season...just to try and prove everyone wrong.
Defensewins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 04:59 PM   #18
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by duetsch215 View Post
at least in contention like what the colts, steelers, and patriots are right now
Well then you're talking about sustained success over a period of time and that may take a little while. They can easily jump to the playoffs next year and be the darlings of the NFL but then just as easily revert to a middle of the road team. We see it all the time.
Old 12-02-2009, 05:01 PM   #19
celts32
Playmaker

I think we can't really answer this until January. If Snyder fires Vinny and puts compitent people in place I think we could start winning consistently within a couple years. If we simply keep the same structure and insert a new coach into it we will never win.

“Goal line, goal line. I-left, tight wing, 70 chip on white.”

www.facebook.com/HackettstownBeerClub
celts32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 05:04 PM   #20
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

^i agree , the bengals are this years playoff surprise... Next yr they could easilly be back to a 6 win team.. The pats and colts have built a great team for years and years now.
Old 12-02-2009, 07:14 PM   #21
Beemnseven
Pro Bowl

With the way we seem to have been snakebitten lately, Snyder could bring in someone like Bill Parcells and this would be the one place where even he couldn't get it together.
Beemnseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 07:22 PM   #22
MTK
\m/

A turnaround can come quickly, if Danny hires the right people.
Old 12-02-2009, 11:01 PM   #23
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Prominence as in winning a Super Bowl?
frequent playoff appearances with some wins thrown in

SB would be nice though
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 11:05 PM   #24
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Well then you're talking about sustained success over a period of time and that may take a little while. They can easily jump to the playoffs next year and be the darlings of the NFL but then just as easily revert to a middle of the road team. We see it all the time.
Yep, I was about to say there's a possibility that we hit 9-7 or 10-6 this year but we definitely see teams do that and then teeter around 7-9 again. It's going to take more than a couple of hits in the FA market and more than just a new QB.
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 11:05 PM   #25
GusFrerotte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
2-3 years if he makes all the right moves Matty. You have to think, we have to rebuild the entire O line, try to keep the D together, and acquire 2 QBs just for depths sake at the least. JC might just decide to leave on his own accord or we might do the crazy thing and dump him. I think we need him, til we groom his successor then keep him for depth.
GusFrerotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 11:31 AM   #26
over the mountain
Playmaker

looking at the way the NFC east is playing out, i could see us winning the nfc east in the next 2-3 years. i really think it will be wide open in the coming years.

philly - mcnabb has been they stud qb in the nfc east for the past ten years. this has helped philly win a ton of nfc east titles as the giants, skins and boys played carousel at the qb position. once mcnabb is gone, the phily fans are going to realize just how lucky they were.

giants - with eli, their o line and d line they are always going to be in the mix but they just dont seem to be dominant enough to sustain years in year out control of the nfc east.

boys - its a rollercoaster ride over there, like the giants they will always be in the mix but i see them having on years and off years, on months then off months.

if we can get things relatively straight as to how to assemble a competitive roster at teh important positions i like our chances of winning a nfc east title in the next 3 years since no one (including us) seems to be poised to really control this division like the eagles have the past decade. every year we could have a different division leader, hopefully one year it will be us.

go skins!
Old 12-03-2009, 11:55 AM   #27
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
And Fires Vinny.

Last edited by Monkeydad; 12-04-2009 at 02:00 PM.
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 02:11 PM   #28
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by over the mountain View Post
looking at the way the NFC east is playing out, i could see us winning the nfc east in the next 2-3 years. i really think it will be wide open in the coming years.

philly - mcnabb has been they stud qb in the nfc east for the past ten years. this has helped philly win a ton of nfc east titles as the giants, skins and boys played carousel at the qb position. once mcnabb is gone, the phily fans are going to realize just how lucky they were.

giants - with eli, their o line and d line they are always going to be in the mix but they just dont seem to be dominant enough to sustain years in year out control of the nfc east.

boys - its a rollercoaster ride over there, like the giants they will always be in the mix but i see them having on years and off years, on months then off months.

if we can get things relatively straight as to how to assemble a competitive roster at teh important positions i like our chances of winning a nfc east title in the next 3 years since no one (including us) seems to be poised to really control this division like the eagles have the past decade. every year we could have a different division leader, hopefully one year it will be us.

go skins!
I'm with those who think that Shanahan does poorly with personnel issues. That said, I hope that the Boys fire Wade in January and then give Shanny full control. Then the Boys will just keep going 8-8 year after year.
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 03:42 PM   #29
saden1
MVP

Future looks bleak. I can't say I see sunny days ahead with Snyder in charge.

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 03:46 PM   #30
freddyg12
Playmaker

Since we've been playing tough the past 2.5 games, I honestly feel like the team could turnaround simply by focusing on the o line & rb in the offseason w/all else being the same.
freddyg12 is offline   Reply With Quote