Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

I'm Feeling Good

Locker Room Main Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-03-2004, 04:34 PM   #1
Gmanc711
Thank You, Sean.

I'm Feeling Good

Its the first day of Free Agency, and we have as of this moment signed DT Griffin, DE Daniels and are just about set with Shawn Springs... I dont know about anyone else, but I'm feeling good. I honestly think that if we put this unit on the feild today, they would be a damn good football team, on both sides of the ball. The opprotuinty is there for another DE, especially now that Kearse is in Philedalphia (I dont know if anyone saw that coming). Overall though, I think Griffin is a HUGE upgrade from any tackle we have, Springs should fill in nicley, although hes not as good as Bailey. And Daniles seems like a soild, decent player and from what I hear has great charecter.

On the offensive side of the ball, man do we look dangerous. We might not have a tight end as of yet, but boy do we have anything else you could ask for. We have two capable qbs, a all pro runningback, and some pretty decent backups, a all star wideout, two very soild wideouts behind him and a rookie that could develop. A offensive line that minus the center position, is freaking awsome, especially if Samuels regains form this year. I dont know about anyone else, but we look good.

Other Pickups I think we could use are ....

One more DE, maybe with bigger impact. If we can steal Winstrom, that'd be awsome but I hear hes a near lock for KC, so well stay tuned. Theres another name ppl have been floating around that I'm not really fimiliar with, but maybe whoever that is we can pick up. Another DT wouldnt hurt either, but I think with Griffin, Holsley and Noble , we COULD be ok there.

Saftey, Sean Taylor possibly, I think our draft right now has to be between him, or a trade down so we can get Udeze or W. Smith possibly.

Tight End. We should still be open to looking at another tight end. Although I think we are ok with what we have, now that Klessiner is off the market, we might just have to stick with that. Unless, we make a run and KW the Junior.

Overall though, I'm liking what I'm seeing.... reactions?
Gmanc711 is offline   Reply With Quote