Playmaker

Re: Simply put, FEMA sucks!!

Or blow it up and don't start over.

Advertisements
Old 06-15-2006, 11:04 AM   #17
That Guy
Living Legend

someone qualified could have done better... like with 2 weeks of info from the local experts (levy workers and meteorologists) at least try to organize a real evacuation.
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 11:07 AM   #18
cpayne5
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy
someone qualified could have done better... like with 2 weeks of info from the local experts (levy workers and meteorologists) at least try to organize a real evacuation.
Evacuations are local responsibilities.
Old 06-15-2006, 11:18 AM   #19
FRPLG
MVP

Quote:
As cpayne said. If you have an opinion know ALL the facts and facets as best you can. Uninformed debate is worthless. The world runs on opinions so it is our job to have the right info to form them correctly. To me your statement shows a general lack of respect for Bush(understood given many OTHER issues) and a lack of knowledge on the subject. Blaming Bush or FEMA for the evacuation situation is like blaming Bush for the pothole in front of your house.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 11:24 AM   #20
cpayne5
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG
As cpayne said. If you have an opinion know ALL the facts and facets as best you can. Uninformed debate is worthless. The world runs on opinions so it is our job to have the right info to form them correctly. To me your statement shows a general lack of respect for Bush(understood given many OTHER issues) and a lack of knowledge on the subject. Blaming Bush or FEMA for the evacuation situation is like blaming Bush for the pothole in front of your house.
Well, I haven't seen him out there with a shovel fixing it, so it must be his fault.
Old 06-15-2006, 11:32 AM   #21
That Guy
Living Legend

Quote:
hi, before telling me i don't know what the fuck i'm talking about or assuming I said things which i didn't maybe you should respond to what i actually wrote instead. thanks.

Bush put a idiot crony in charge of an organization he had no business running. I don't know how the f*ck that's not bush's fault, or why you'd think, even for a second, he shouldn't get blame for that.

If you can show me where I said bush hates black people or that its bush's fault that katrina happened, i'd like to see it. I know you have a mad mancrush on the guy, but that doesn't excuse blasting people for shit they never said.

If a nuke is coming and the local government is full of inept morons, and its clear they're not going to act, there's on obligation to step in and prevent castastrophy. Maybe you think letting people die and saying "not my problem" is okay, but when helping them would take 20 minutes to order an evacuation instead of saying nothing, it'd probably be a good idea (and not totally unreasonable) to expect at least that very tiny amount of effort.
Old 06-15-2006, 11:35 AM   #22
cpayne5
Playmaker

Quote:
If a nuke is coming and the local government is full of inept morons, and its clear they're not going to act, there's on obligation to step in and prevent castastrophy. Maybe you think letting people die and saying "not my problem" is okay when helping them would take 20 minutes to order an evacuation instead of saying nothing. but it'd probably be a good idea (and not totally unreasonable) to expect at least that very tiny amount of effort.
The federal government is not responsible for proactively doing such a thing. The way FEMA is set up right now, it is a reactionary agency. So, no, they have no obligation or even the right to step in.
Old 06-15-2006, 11:36 AM   #23
MTK
\m/

Gotta love the Fed. Hard at work, for us.

As far as Bush goes, man has this guy set this country back 50 years or what??

He's a joke, this administration is a joke, the war is a joke... and these things are not up for debate. All the crap that's gone down on his watch is truly disgusting.
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 11:38 AM   #24
cpayne5
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72
Gotta love the Fed. Hard at work, for us.

As far as Bush goes, man has this guy set this country back 50 years or what??

He's a joke, this administration is a joke, the war is a joke... and these things are not up for debate. All the crap that's gone down on his watch is truly disgusting.
Man, the facts you presented in that post were excellent.
Old 06-15-2006, 11:41 AM   #25
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpayne5
Man, the facts you presented in that post were excellent.
If we needed facts all the time this board wouldn't exist.
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 11:42 AM   #26
FRPLG
MVP

Quote:
hi, before telling me i don't know what the fuck i'm talking about or assuming I said things which i didn't maybe you should respond to what i actually wrote instead. thanks.

Bush put a idiot crony in charge of an organization he had no business running. I don't know how the f*ck that's not bush's fault, or why you'd think, even for a second, he shouldn't get blame for that.

If you can show me where I said bush hates black people or that its bush's fault that katrina happened, i'd like to see it. I know you have a mad mancrush on the guy, but that doesn't excuse blasting people for shit they never said.

If a nuke is coming and the local government is full of inept morons, and its clear they're not going to act, there's on obligation to step in and prevent castastrophy. Maybe you think letting people die and saying "not my problem" is okay, but when helping them would take 20 minutes to order an evacuation instead of saying nothing, it'd probably be a good idea (and not totally unreasonable) to expect at least that very tiny amount of effort.
Where the hell did this come from? Discussion over if you can't be civil.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 11:42 AM   #27
12thMan
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72
If we needed facts all the time this board wouldn't exist.
You're right about that!
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 11:42 AM   #28
That Guy
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpayne5
The federal government is not responsible for proactively doing such a thing. The way FEMA is set up right now, it is a reactionary agency. So, no, they have no obligation or even the right to step in.
I was talking about bush, since he'd have that power and the media sway to make it happen.
Old 06-15-2006, 11:44 AM   #29
That Guy
Living Legend

Quote:
Where the hell did this come from? Discussion over if you can't be civil.
you told me i didn't have a clue what i was talking about. If you can't see how that isn't civil, then you're either being naive or dim. (you have yet to point out why i don't know what i'm talking about, you just ranted about a bunch or trash that i never even mentioned instead).

seriously, If you want to be that dismissive, you should at least point out what's so wrong that caused you to say that. What you actually did was respond to something that was never written and act like i'm an idiot even through I never said any of the things you seem to think i did.
Old 06-15-2006, 11:47 AM   #30
12thMan
MVP

FEMA was and still is an antiquated system. While it's true Bush did appoint Brown, I don't think the blame starts or ends with either of them. All of the previous administrations have to share some of the blame by ignoring the glaring red flags that existed all along.

It just so happen, unfortunately, that Katrina actually exposed the weaknesses in an already flawed and poorly run system.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote