Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Other Sports

I am happy that Kwame Brown is doing good(NBA)

Other Sports

Old 04-30-2006, 04:31 AM   #16
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Re: I am happy that Kwame Brown is doing good(NBA)

anyone have a clip of lebron's game winning shot in game three? I'd like to see it before i make a judgement.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-30-2006, 08:34 AM   #17
dmek25
MVP

hooskins simmer down.my point on that play is 1. he did walk but it never/rarely is called and 2. lebron is one of the leagues poster children and this league more so than any other does everything it can to PROTECT them.no ref in that league makes that call
Old 04-30-2006, 07:08 PM   #18
skinsfanthru&thru
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooskins
Um actually I DO watch NBA basketball, and I have been for the last 5 years, so I do actually know what I am talking about. He took more than 2.5 steps, and that is a walk buddy. The NBA is loose on that calls sometimes, and also carrying, people do it all the time now. My point is he STILL DEF walked. And if you still think I do not know what am I talking bout, then you should know, all the guys that did the pregame show on espn for late game that follwed that night(Stephen A, Greg Antony, Pippen, etc.) all mentioned that it was a walk when they went over the highlights to the Wiz game, and I was very happy when I heard that my views were not my own. I also checked out some Wizard and NBA forums, many people raised that similar concern that I did, and these guys are people who have followed the league for 15-20 years. So, in fact, I DO know better.
I think he was saying that they never call traveling anymore especially on golden child King Lebron. Not only was it a walk but I could have sworn his feet also came down before he got the shot away.

as far as Kwame goes, it's good to see him doing decently for the following reasons: a.) I'm a lakers fan, b.) it's nice to see a guy who came into the league as a kid have absolutely too much pressure and too many expectations put upon his shoulders, and c.) I like to think of it also as Kwame trying to stick it to Jordan.

oh and if the race between Kobe and Nash for the MVP is as close as a lot of the media has been making it out to be, if the Lakers win the series in which they r now up 3-1, does anyone else think that should lean it a bit in Kobe's favor? I understand since it's Kobe a lot of people will instantly say no, but I wanted to see if anyone has an opinion on that.
Old 04-30-2006, 10:29 PM   #19
skin4Life28
Special Teams

it should be Kobe's regaurdless of the outcome of the series. take kobe away from that team and there lucky to win 20 games.
skin4Life28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 02:21 AM   #20
mcalderone10
Special Teams

it looked like the ball was knocked loose so he woulda been able to take extra step...i don't envy being an NBA ref that shit is hard with so many fouls so much to watch so quick i don't even try to argue because they don't have instant replay. i kno i wouldn't have been able to see it w/o IR.
Old 05-01-2006, 02:41 PM   #21
Riggo44
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by skin4Life28
it should be Kobe's regaurdless of the outcome of the series. take kobe away from that team and there lucky to win 20 games.
I agree. Kobe should be the MVP for sure. Nash is great. But he dosn't carry a the team like Kobe.
ps.Did you guys see the Lakers vs. Suns game yesterday? That was one of the best games I have seen in a long long time.
Old 05-01-2006, 06:15 PM   #22
skinsfanthru&thru
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riggo44
I agree. Kobe should be the MVP for sure. Nash is great. But he dosn't carry a the team like Kobe.
ps.Did you guys see the Lakers vs. Suns game yesterday? That was one of the best games I have seen in a long long time.
that was an incredible ending. luckily they've reshown it quite a few times cuz I didn't plan for overtime and my vcr stopped recording it right before ot while I was at work.
Old 05-01-2006, 07:28 PM   #23
gibbsisgod
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfanthru&thru
I think he was saying that they never call traveling anymore especially on golden child King Lebron. Not only was it a walk but I could have sworn his feet also came down before he got the shot away.

i dont watch much basketball but i happened to catch the 4th quarter of the game last night. is it just me or does queen james argue just about every call that goes against him or every call that he doesnt get. I hate crybaby bitches. he was in the refs ear for about 5 min. after a charging call that went against him.just shut up and play.
gibbsisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 08:36 PM   #24
mcalderone10
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibbsisgod
i dont watch much basketball but i happened to catch the 4th quarter of the game last night. is it just me or does queen james argue just about every call that goes against him or every call that he doesnt get. I hate crybaby bitches. he was in the refs ear for about 5 min. after a charging call that went against him.just shut up and play.
every NBA player does it.

they do it so the refs will watch it closer the next time.
Old 05-01-2006, 10:53 PM   #25
skinsfanthru&thru
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibbsisgod
very rarely do the players not complain, sometimes even as far as throwing hissy-fits even on the blantly obvious calls like that one where james elbowed that wizards player square in the jaw.
Old 05-01-2006, 11:32 PM   #26
inwaterby8
Camp Scrub

I wish I could've posted this two years ago....

DUH! Kwame is a natural center. He is very deliberate around the basket, competitive one on one, and prefers to play with his back to the bucket. He is not cut out for the high post / motion / Princeton Offense EJ runs.

The triangle, on the other hand, is tailor made for Kwame at Center. Own up to it people, Kwame was never a bad player in Washington, but he was almost always bad in Eddie Jordan's system, and was never really given the opportunity under Doug Collins to become a scorer.

Before the berage of insults and objections come, lemme just say that Kwame's lack of dedication - missing practice - oversleeping, etc. was inexcusable, and I'm loving Caron Butler.
Old 05-02-2006, 12:09 AM   #27
That Guy
Living Legend

kwame always stunk here. he was here BEFORE EJ and still sucked, and he's not great now, just slightly less bad. i would have traded him for some frito's, getting an actual player (like butler) is amazing.
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 12:31 AM   #28
skinsfanthru&thru
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy
kwame always stunk here. he was here BEFORE EJ and still sucked, and he's not great now, just slightly less bad. i would have traded him for some frito's, getting an actual player (like butler) is amazing.
I don't know why butler didn't play like he is now when he was with the lakers last year and it's not for lack of shots cuz he averaged 13 shots a game last year to this years 14.5 but there were long stretches when he just dissapeared and normally they were when Kobe was out.
Old 05-02-2006, 12:36 AM   #29
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Not to go off topic here, but how about them Kings. Say what you will about Ron Artest but that team has been decidely better since he arrived. Wonder what they could have done with a full year of him
Old 05-02-2006, 05:17 AM   #30
That Guy
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfanthru&thru
I don't know why butler didn't play like he is now when he was with the lakers last year and it's not for lack of shots cuz he averaged 13 shots a game last year to this years 14.5 but there were long stretches when he just dissapeared and normally they were when Kobe was out.
arenas works a bit like kobe in that he helps caron stay open more (since gil is such a threat)... maybe the light switch went off, i don't know. I'm not a hardcore NBA fan so i don't watch a lot of non-wizard games.
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote