Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Broken Man

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-26-2005, 11:08 PM   #16
STPainmaker
Impact Rookie

Re: Broken Man

Favre should have retired last year. He is slipping nicely into the role of "stayed too long". He may as well play one more year now to wipe some of the egg off his face.

Advertisements
Old 12-27-2005, 02:14 AM   #17
djnemo65
Playmaker

I agree that the team is bad, but 30 ints? Come on, you can't blame all of those on having played with 6 different RB's. There's no question he's an all time great with nothing left to prove, but his decision making this year has reminded me more of Kyle Boller than John Elway. He's turning into the Willie Mays of football out there. I think its time to go Brett.
djnemo65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 03:15 AM   #18
Kevikazi
Special Teams

Brett's 30 INTs can be misleading. Without Ahman Green, their running game was non-existent. Packers' opponents knew this and basically played against the pass constantly. I think Favre should come back and redeem himself next year when he gets all of his starters back on offense. They lost Javon Walker, Robert Ferguson, Ahman Green, Najeh Davenport, Bubba Franks and I think one of their starting guards. That's like losing Santana Moss, David Patten, Clinton Portis, Ladell Betts, Chris Cooley (I'm saying Cooley instead of Royal because Cooley's our redzone target), and Randy Thomas.
Kevikazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 03:22 AM   #19
Dirtbag
Special Teams

He had a terrible start to his career, an amazing middle, and a terrible finish. He's a horrible, horrible quarterback these days. All he does is force passes and throw embarrassing interceptions. Easily one of the most overrated players in the NFL.
Dirtbag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 08:05 AM   #20
12thMan
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag
He had a terrible start to his career, an amazing middle, and a terrible finish. He's a horrible, horrible quarterback these days. All he does is force passes and throw embarrassing interceptions. Easily one of the most overrated players in the NFL.
I totally agree with you DB. I think Brett Farve's play this year has been horrible despite all the injuries and line-up changes. If it were anyone but Farve, the QB would have been benched a long, long time ago.

As far as I'm concerned he and Mick Vick (sorry WeWhite) fall into the category of overated QBs. I think we give Brette Farve a longer leash, if you will, because of his past accomplishments - which are many.

I don't think he makes too much of attempt to read defenses. He just guns it to the receiver and everyone crosses their fingers.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 08:12 AM   #21
MTK
\m/

Guys, take a look at Favre's career numbers. Until this year he was still producing at a high level. He's one year removed from 4000 yards and 30 TD's.

I see people saying he's been sliding the last few years, he should have retired years ago, etc.

The numbers don't lie, he can still get it done. But with the cast of players he's had around him this year, it was an impossible task for anybody.
Old 12-27-2005, 10:22 AM   #22
Southpaw
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72
Guys, take a look at Favre's career numbers. Until this year he was still producing at a high level. He's one year removed from 4000 yards and 30 TD's.

I see people saying he's been sliding the last few years, he should have retired years ago, etc.

The numbers don't lie, he can still get it done. But with the cast of players he's had around him this year, it was an impossible task for anybody.
Seriously, put any other quarterback into Favre's position this year, and watch their numbers take a dive. Try to imagine Brunells' numbers and Washingtons' record if Patten was the number one receiver, there was no Cooley, and the starting tailback was whoever is behind Nemo Broughton on the depth chart. That'd be a pretty picture.

And if anyone thinks Favre's numbers for the past few years have been "horrible", I'd like to know what is considered good, if 3300-4000 yards, 30 TD's, and a 90+ rating is bad.
Southpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 10:25 AM   #23
dmek25
MVP

favre can still get it done with decent players around him.by the way,who the hell is sam cado?
dmek25 is offline   Reply With Quote