Pro Bowl Bound - Samuels, Moss

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-22-2005, 04:17 AM   #16
ST21
Impact Rookie

Re: Pro Bowl Bound - Samuels, Moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAFKAS
The argument for Vick is that the team is nothing without him and how he does so much with so little to work with. So if that's the reason why he was chosen over someone (Brunell) who statistically is having a much better reason and, unlike Vick, has his team in the playoffs right now then why do Dunn (over Portis) and Crumpler (over Cooley) get Pro Bowl nods as well? I thought Vick was some miracle worker working with scrubs.

And then how does Keith Brooking get the nod over Marcus Washington?! Stupid Falcons.

All I know is both the Redskins and the Falcons had huge games this past Sunday with major playoff implications. One team's "Pro Bowlers" responded with a resounding victory. The other team's folded into the fetal position
I noticed that...Peyton didn't look the same Sunday........

Advertisements
Old 12-22-2005, 04:33 AM   #17
ST21
Impact Rookie

Maybe the same people that vote for Yao Ming, is voting for M. Vick....I so glad for that brother, making the pro bowl, if Mc Nabb didn't get hurt.....him and Vick would have made the pro bowl and overrated Hassleback would have been out.... He's only in because he's riding the back of Shaun Alexander........Hassleback, pro bowl my ass
Old 12-22-2005, 06:57 AM   #18
Redskins8588
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by wewhite3
Maybe the same people that vote for Yao Ming, is voting for M. Vick....I so glad for that brother, making the pro bowl, if Mc Nabb didn't get hurt.....him and Vick would have made the pro bowl and overrated Hassleback would have been out.... He's only in because he's riding the back of Shaun Alexander........Hassleback, pro bowl my ass

Why would have McNabb have made the pro-bowl, and what is your reasoning that Vick made it? Was it Vick's great touchdown to int ratio of 13td's to 12 int's? Or was it Vick's incrediable completion percentage of 54%?

Why would it be so hard, if you are a redskins fan, to be upset that our very own Mark Brunell did not make it? I mean he is having a way better season than Vick is, you do have to admit that.

I agree that Hasselbeck and Delhomme(SP) should not have made it, not over Brunell and Bledsoe(SP). Espically not Delhomme, not when Brunell has 2 td's for every 1 int.

And yes I will admit that last year I couldn't stand that Brunell was our QB, but you have to give credit where credit is due and Brunell got totally nubbed.
Old 12-22-2005, 06:59 AM   #19
dmek25
MVP

hassleback is a way better nfl qback than vick.vick is just a superior athlete playing the qback position.there is no way he deserved to be in the pro bowl ahead of mark brunell,or even drew bledsoe.sundays game against the bears all vick wanted to do was get underneath his parka to stay warm.great players make great plays in big games.vicks living off a couple of great plays he made against the vikings a couple of seasons ago in a meaningless game
dmek25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 08:45 AM   #20
FRPLG
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby
i think kyle vanden bosch should've gone. he's having a monster season too. I hope we can sign him after his contract is up this year.
He's weak against the run and has been hurt every year he has played except this year. I'd pass on him big time. I'd rather not sacrifice our solid run defense to get a guy who is going to get 10 or so sacks. How about getting a guy who maybe only has 5 or 6 sacks but can generate some pocket pressure regularly and still make a tackle on a RB when needed. If we added one guy like that our line would be instantly one of the best in the league. That's how good Griffin and Salvaea are inside.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 08:49 AM   #21
MTK
\m/

Vick is nothing but a name. His stats are pathetic for a "Pro Bowl QB".
Old 12-22-2005, 08:51 AM   #22
12thMan
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72
Dude, you'd better chill....wewhite is gonna getcha for talking about his main man, M. Vick!!
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 09:35 AM   #23
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan
Dude, you'd better chill....wewhite is gonna getcha for talking about his main man, M. Vick!!
The truth hurts.

Both Bledsoe and Brunell were much more deserving. It's not even close.
Old 12-22-2005, 09:46 AM   #24
bigmarley4
Special Teams

Check the stats, it's rediculous Brunell didn't get in. Look at his TD/INT ratio:
Drew Bledsoe, Cowboys (3,188 yards, 21 TDs, 14 INTs)
Mark Brunell, Redskins (2,797, 20 TDs, 8 INTs)
Jake Delhomme, Panthers (2,998, 20 TDs, 15 INTs)
Brett Favre, Packers (3,305 yards, 19 TDs, 24 INTs)
Matt Hasselbeck, Seahawks (3,215, 22 TDs, 9 INTs)
Eli Manning, Giants (3,314, 22 TDs, 16 INTs)
Michael Vick, Falcons (2,136 yards, 13 TDs, 12 INTs; 534 rushing yards, 6 TDs)

Also, Portis should definitely be in there instead of Dunn. 6 more TD's and only 30 less yards:
Shaun Alexander, Seahawks (1,668 rushing yards, 24 TDs)
Tiki Barber, Giants (1,577 rushing yards, 8 TDs; 421 receiving yards, 2 TDs)Warrick Dunn, Falcons (1,328 rushing yards, 2 TDs; 205 receiving yards, 1 TD)Steven Jackson, Rams (1,018 rushing yards, 7 TDs; 299 receiving yards, 2 TDs)
Thomas Jones, Bears (1,168 rushing yards, 8 TDs)
Clinton Portis, Redskins (1,296 rushing yards, 8 TDs)
Carnell ''Cadillac'' Williams, Buccaneers (947 yards, 5 TDs)
bigmarley4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 09:54 AM   #25
hail_2_da_skins
Impact Rookie

F@#% the Pro Bowl. No one watches it anyway. The Skins get no respect. They will just have to earn it by going to the playoffs and winning playoff games. The Pro Bowl selections will follow next year.
Old 12-22-2005, 10:21 AM   #26
Southpaw
The Starter

Quote:
If the Pro Bowl is supposed to be based purely on statistics, then you can make an argument that he is not as good as some of the other quarterbacks in the NFC. But I thought the only stat that matters in football is wins, which is what Vick does, win games. He is one of the few players in the league that can change a game, almost completely by himself.

Vick's record as a starter is 33-21-1 since 2001. Atlanta's record without him is 9-18. So it would seem he's not quite as overrated as some people think.
Southpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 10:27 AM   #27
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southpaw
If the Pro Bowl is supposed to be based purely on statistics, then you can make an argument that he is not as good as some of the other quarterbacks in the NFC. But I thought the only stat that matters in football is wins, which is what Vick does, win games. He is one of the few players in the league that can change a game, almost completely by himself.

Vick's record as a starter is 33-21-1 since 2001. Atlanta's record without him is 9-18. So it would seem he's not quite as overrated as some people think.
Bledsoe and Brunell both have 8 wins this year just like Vick.

Vick = overrated name.
Old 12-22-2005, 10:37 AM   #28
dmek25
MVP

matty your right on.vick might be the most over rated name in sports,not just football
dmek25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 10:41 AM   #29
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

Ugh. Why are people so willing to slurp Vick and no other worthy names? Like I've never seen people who loyal to one player. Again, I won't deny that he's exciting to watch but that's about it. Yes, his presence in the game DOES make his teammates better, but what is up with everyone defending him for the Pro Bowl this year? People SERIOUSLY have man crushes on Ramsey and some are STILL calling for him to play, but I've never seen loyalty the likes of people with Vick.
Old 12-22-2005, 10:43 AM   #30
Southpaw
The Starter

Quote:
Bledsoe and Brunell both have 8 wins this year just like Vick.

Vick = overrated name.
If Vick had Bledsoe's receivers or Washington's defense, he'd have more than eight wins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMalcomConnection
Yes, his presence in the game DOES make his teammates better, but what is up with everyone defending him for the Pro Bowl this year?
I'm not actually defending him for the Pro Bowl, I'm just giving reasons why I can understand he was picked. You guys seem to forget that it's not just fans that pick the Pro Bowl, which is very apparent from the fact that Cooley didn't make it, in spite of being far and away the fan favorite. So obviously his peers and the coaches think he's worthy too.

Coaches gameplan for Vick and are always attempting to keep him contained. I highly doubt any coach in the league is saying to himself before a Dallas game, "How are we going to stop Bledsoe?".
Southpaw is offline   Reply With Quote