Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Taylors reaction?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 04-26-2004, 05:47 PM   #16
Defensewins
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy
I was kind of relieved when I heard of Sean Taylor getting drafted by the Redskins as opposed to Kellan Winslow. I just don't believe that Winslow's attitude would have fitted into a Joe Gibb's Redskins team. I feel that by Gibbs choosing to fill a position such as safety, he believes the way I do. Behind every good offense is a good defense. Having a defense that can force turnovers and force the opposing offense to punt or to settle for field goals instead of TDs, will help our offense have more opportunites to play good 'ol Redskins ball controlled offense. This is just another thing I respect about Joe Gibbs.....even though he is an offensive minded coach, he thinks about the team as a whole, and is just as deeply involved in the defense and special teams, as he is the offense.

CANNOT WAIT FOR THE NEW SEASON!!!!
Well said! I could not have said it any better.
I think it is huge compliment to Taylor that Portis was rooting for us to pick Taylor a defensive player as opposed to Winslow II an offensive player.
We made the right choice.
Defensewins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-27-2004, 03:04 AM   #17
offiss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defensewins
Well said! I could not have said it any better.
I think it is huge compliment to Taylor that Portis was rooting for us to pick Taylor a defensive player as opposed to Winslow II an offensive player.
We made the right choice.
I can defiently see Winslow with a barry bond's attitude, basically alienating his teamates with his me attitude, as we saw first hand with portis rooting to no end for us to draft taylor, you don't here anyone from the canes indorse Winslow, but all the guy's can't say enough about taylor, portis, and wilfork, both rave about the guy and his talent, and they are 2 guy's who don't have to take a back a seat to anyone. sound's like to me taylor was the silent leader of that team.
offiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 03:53 AM   #18
diehardskin2982
Another Year, another mess.

The reason taylor looked disapointed is because the first call he recieved wasn't from us, but it was from cleveland. They originally tried to move up and take him with the giants pick but the browns didn't anticipate NY's want for Manning. I guess he didn't really want to go to cleveland and niether did Winslow. did any of you realize that if you look closely at winslows shoulder it looked like he had a redskins pin on before he was picked. If you didn't see that, I know you saw how happy winslow was when he had the skins hat on in that commercial. I think attitiude wasn't as much of a factor, however the postons were. Snyder doesn't like those guys, that had to play a role in it. If we would have went with Winslow it would have been a nightmare to get him signed before camp date especially with our cap constriants. Maybe next season we will be thanking the poston for playing a role in making the right draft choices and getting us a ring those bitches !!
diehardskin2982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 09:01 AM   #19
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy
I feel that by Gibbs choosing to fill a position such as safety, he believes the way I do. Behind every good offense is a good defense. Having a defense that can force turnovers and force the opposing offense to punt or to settle for field goals instead of TDs, will help our offense have more opportunites to play good 'ol Redskins ball controlled offense. This is just another thing I respect about Joe Gibbs.....even though he is an offensive minded coach, he thinks about the team as a whole, and is just as deeply involved in the defense and special teams, as he is the offense.
At the FedEx Draft Day Party, Gibbs was asked why Taylor over Winslow and he said "Defense leads the way to championships".

DEAR LORD - Is it September 12th yet? I will never make it!!!
JoeRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote