To 2021 and Beyond .... current politics

Debating with the enemy

Old 03-08-2021, 08:25 AM   #271
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

To 2021 and Beyond .... current politics

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
I have a hard time saying Cuomo should leave office given the fact President pussy grabber had what, 25+ accusers come out against him? But if you want to talk about the nursing home fiasco and if he should step down over that I think that's a valid conversation.

Well Trump wasn’t exactly honest about the pandemic either.....
If Cuomo is found to be dishonest about either issue he should step down, just like Trump should have.
It is comical though these Trumpers that are calling for Cuomos head. Trump lied to an entire country and was responsible for hundreds of thousands of deaths. He literally is on tape in the extremely early stages saying he knew how dangerous it was. He is on tape with the pussy grabbing shit too. Trump is always number one!
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-08-2021, 08:33 AM   #272
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Re: To 2021 and Beyond .... current politics

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Also, no comments on Cuomo. Literally zero, with more evidence than say a "conservative" like Brett Kavanaugh.

My mind is actually pretty blown by this.

Let's just have some honesty here, just tell the truth and admit the political threads here exist solely for one side to complain about the other side, and we all know what side is what.

Show me the comments you made when Trump was accused by women or when he lied about the pandemic on a way bigger scale and Ill consider your comments anything other than partisan
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 10:51 AM   #273
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Not a fan of Cuomo in regards to the nursing home fiasco but I am pretty ignorant of him.. I really don't pay attention to politicians outside my state unless they are national level then that is my tax dollars paying their salary.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 01:32 PM   #274
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Imagine if 108 white conservatives in Texas tested positive for COVID, announced they were all going to bus to somewhere between North Carolina and New Jersey because they want to. Every person on the left would rightfully call them all assholes.

But since Biden is president now, no criticisms allowed. Let people that already broke our laws by coming here illegally also travel wherever with COVID.
You can't convince me there wasn't 108 white conservatives with covid that decided not to go to DC on Jan. 6th, they probably just didn't get tested because they dgaf unless they were dying.

This whole bitching about 108 people is a minor part of a bigger issue to me which is immigration reform. If you wanted to address it as part of a larger package about how people coming here illegally can get processed through the system quicker to become legal tax-paying citizens, sure I'd have that convo.

But (not for you) the whole illegal immigration issue for conservatives is more about not wanting them here period than it is about how to let them become contributors to the system in the first place. Go ask former top POTUS advisor Stephen Miller how he feels about legal immigration.
Old 03-08-2021, 01:34 PM   #275
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
I have a hard time saying Cuomo should leave office given the fact President pussy grabber had what, 25+ accusers come out against him? But if you want to talk about the nursing home fiasco and if he should step down over that I think that's a valid conversation.
Can't we just remove them both from politics totally and regain the standards of decency we used to have? I miss the time when a presidential blowjob was beyond the line of decency for conservatives.
Old 03-08-2021, 01:49 PM   #276
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
Not a fan of Cuomo in regards to the nursing home fiasco but I am pretty ignorant of him.. I really don't pay attention to politicians outside my state unless they are national level then that is my tax dollars paying their salary.
I'll accept that I'm partisan (which I am regardless), rather than go back thru all those comments. I moved on from Trump in November, hopefully NY can move on from Cuomo soon.

I am fairly critical of republicans too. But I'm definitely more critical of democrats.

Edit - Just now noticed, I totally replied to the wrong post. This was meant to be in reply to Punch's comment above yours.

Last edited by sdskinsfan2001; 03-10-2021 at 12:22 AM.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 02:04 PM   #277
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
You can't convince me there wasn't 108 white conservatives with covid that decided not to go to DC on Jan. 6th, they probably just didn't get tested because they dgaf unless they were dying.

This whole bitching about 108 people is a minor part of a bigger issue to me which is immigration reform. If you wanted to address it as part of a larger package about how people coming here illegally can get processed through the system quicker to become legal tax-paying citizens, sure I'd have that convo.

But (not for you) the whole illegal immigration issue for conservatives is more about not wanting them here period than it is about how to let them become contributors to the system in the first place. Go ask former top POTUS advisor Stephen Miller how he feels about legal immigration.
Whether any of them had COVID or not, I don't know. But they all have something wrong with them mentally. Those people made terrible decisions and now people are dead.

I don't think either side (elected people, not us voters) are interested in actually accomplishing immigration reform. They both just complain about the other side to save face, while they both benefit for themselves and their big donors from illegal immigration, while Americans, including a large section of minorities, get screwed by it.
Old 03-08-2021, 02:06 PM   #278
SunnySide
Playmaker

A Department of Homeland Security spokesperson said the agency has offered local communities funding for testing, but it needs the state to sign off first: “We hope that Governor Abbott will reconsider his decision to reject DHS’s agreement with the Texan local authorities that would enable the very testing of migrant families that Governor Abbott says he wants.”

https://www.forbes.com/sites/joewals...h=482d38c37ae7

"We hope that Governor Abbott will reconsider his decision to reject DHS's agreement with the Texan local authorities that would enable the very testing of migrant families that Governor Abbott says he wants," the spokesperson said.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/04/polit...ing/index.html

Gov. Greg Abbott appeared this week to rebuff help from the federal government to give coronavirus testing to migrants before they are released from federal custody, saying it's a federal responsibility to screen immigrants coming into Texas.

The announcement came after Abbott, a Republican, repeatedly accused the administration of Democratic President Joe Biden of “releasing immigrants in South Texas that have been exposing Texans to COVID.” The Biden administration denied that Thursday, and CNN reported that Abbott was “stalling” on a federal offer to pitch in on testing migrants.

Asked for evidence of that claim, Abbott's office pointed to news reports from NBC News, Fox News and the New York Post earlier this week that 108 migrants had tested positive since Jan. 25 in Brownsville after being released by federal authorities.

The testing in Brownsville was reportedly administered by the city. NBC reported that 6.3% of the migrants tested were confirmed to have the coronavirus. That rate is smaller than the positivity rate statewide, in which an average of 8.3% of tests came back positive over the past seven days. The 108 tests over the past five weeks is a small share of the more than 3,800 confirmed cases in Cameron County reported by the state since Jan. 25.

https://www.texastribune.org/2021/03...rants-testing/
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 09:03 PM   #279
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Are we really shitting on Biden for EO's now?.
We aren't , sdskinsfan is.
Old 03-09-2021, 08:31 AM   #280
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
A Department of Homeland Security spokesperson said the agency has offered local communities funding for testing, but it needs the state to sign off first: “We hope that Governor Abbott will reconsider his decision to reject DHS’s agreement with the Texan local authorities that would enable the very testing of migrant families that Governor Abbott says he wants.”

https://www.forbes.com/sites/joewals...h=482d38c37ae7

"We hope that Governor Abbott will reconsider his decision to reject DHS's agreement with the Texan local authorities that would enable the very testing of migrant families that Governor Abbott says he wants," the spokesperson said.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/04/polit...ing/index.html

Gov. Greg Abbott appeared this week to rebuff help from the federal government to give coronavirus testing to migrants before they are released from federal custody, saying it's a federal responsibility to screen immigrants coming into Texas.

The announcement came after Abbott, a Republican, repeatedly accused the administration of Democratic President Joe Biden of “releasing immigrants in South Texas that have been exposing Texans to COVID.” The Biden administration denied that Thursday, and CNN reported that Abbott was “stalling” on a federal offer to pitch in on testing migrants.

Asked for evidence of that claim, Abbott's office pointed to news reports from NBC News, Fox News and the New York Post earlier this week that 108 migrants had tested positive since Jan. 25 in Brownsville after being released by federal authorities.

The testing in Brownsville was reportedly administered by the city. NBC reported that 6.3% of the migrants tested were confirmed to have the coronavirus. That rate is smaller than the positivity rate statewide, in which an average of 8.3% of tests came back positive over the past seven days. The 108 tests over the past five weeks is a small share of the more than 3,800 confirmed cases in Cameron County reported by the state since Jan. 25.

https://www.texastribune.org/2021/03...rants-testing/
Maybe I am misinterpreting here. This is federal policy when an asylum seeker reaches US soil correct? But the local government is paying for testing? That seems off to me.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 12:36 AM   #281
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Thoughts on the H.R. 1 Bill?
Old 03-10-2021, 01:52 AM   #282
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Talking Re: To 2021 and Beyond .... current politics

In regards to asylum. What is a legitimate reason for it to be accepted? It basically feels like anyone from any country not as good as America (which is all of them), should be able to claim asylum.

Does anyone think that every person that comes here illegally is coming for asylum or that they just want to be here (which I don't blame them for)? And even if they are claiming asylum because they think it's truly justified, does anyone think the government is setting up asylum hearings for everyone, and when they don't show up, trying to find them and deport them back?

Illegal immigration is a problem in this country and so is the process the government has created. All this talk about reform has been going on since Reagan, at least. Where the hell is the reform? Does it take 100 years? The people in charge don't care about reform. But not enough Americans demand actual change, so the same cycles go on and on.

Note - I have a tendency to get frustrated and make sweeping generalizations. This is the only place I actually regularly talk about politics. Doesn't justify it, but I take my frustrations in general, out here. So you guys see me at my political worst very often. And I love all y'all, but it's still different without actually meeting anyone ever. Gonna try to ask more questions and set up a possibility for actual conversation. Bear with me, if even my questions still seem one-sided. That'll be a work in progress.

Go Washington!!
Old 03-10-2021, 03:22 AM   #283
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

United Teachers Los Angeles:

"If you are planning any trips for Spring Break, please keep that off of Social Media. It is hard to argue that it is unsafe for in-person instruction, if parents and the public see vacation photos and international travel."

What are they even Spring Breaking from lol? Not working must be tough.

But the hilarious part is they aren't saying don't take Spring Break vacations during a pandemic, where we're not doing our jobs because COVID is too dangerous, it's take the vacations, just leave the cell phones in the hotel room.
Old 03-10-2021, 09:17 AM   #284
MTK
\m/

"Progress"

Arkansas Passes Near-Total Abortion Ban As Lawmakers Push For Supreme Court Case
Old 03-10-2021, 03:52 PM   #285
nonniey
The Starter

Problem is the extremists on both sides drive the legislation and lawsuits on this issue. It is the whole loaf or nothing position which is what Arkansas is trying here.
The US allows for the most extreme abortion permissions on the planet. Most Americans want abortion to be legal but with some actual restrictions - right now states are permitted to have abortions with no restrictions if they so choose (ie Vermont, NY etc.). Arkansas should have pushed for legal abortions in the 1st trimester with strong restrictions after that. But no they pass a law that will get thrown out because they want to ban all abortions.
nonniey is offline   Reply With Quote