Debating with the enemy

Old 06-02-2014, 12:38 PM   #256
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: All things Middle East related

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
i wonder if that guy's seen homeland.
lol dude, didnt everyone think that right? lol...

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 06-02-2014, 01:59 PM   #257
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

So who is this guy, and how did he wind up getting captured, anyway?

Friends describe him as a trustworthy and outgoing world traveler who joined the Army in 2008. How he ended up captive remains a bit of a mystery. U.S. officials have declined to go into detail, but soldiers in his platoon say he was pulling guard duty when he put down his weapons and walked off base. He reportedly had sent e-mails to his parents denouncing U.S. activities in Afghanistan, according to 2012 reporting by late Rolling Stone reporter Michael Hastings.

What are the soldiers who served with him saying?

Bluntly, they resent any talk of Bergdahl as a hero. They say he's a deserter who should be put on trial, especially in light of the deaths of at least six U.S. soldiers killed while looking for him.
"I was pissed off then and I am even more so now with everything going on," said Matt Vierkant, who was in the same platoon as Bergdahl. "Bowe Bergdahl deserted during a time of war and his fellow Americans lost their lives searching for him."

"I don't understand why we're trading prisoners at Gitmo for somebody who deserted during a time of war, which is an act of treason," Vierkant said.

Questions swirl after Bowe Bergdahl's release - CNN.com

We gave back the Taliban Ministry of Defense and the Taliban Director of Intelligence for this guy?

He Gets Us
Old 06-02-2014, 02:01 PM   #258
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

'Taliban Dream Team': Who are the 5 prisoners traded for Bergdahl's freedom? | Fox News

He Gets Us
Old 06-13-2014, 08:54 AM   #259
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

The siege of Mosul: What's happening? Why is it significant? - CNN.com

This is the largest, scariest event for Iraq since the war.

ISIS is officially in the top 5 big threat, terriorist (Hezbollah, Taliban, Al Qeada) organizations. Anyone following the Syrian war like me know ISIS basically has changed the game over there within the last year where they are activily fighting both Asad's forces and the Syrian Free Army.

Isis took Mosul mainly for the money, they've made off with roughly 450 million dollars so far to fund the group.

We have to respond, Obama cannot sit on his hands like he did about Russia and the Ukraine. I was thinking last night I would wake up today and hear about a military operation. We must drive these guys out of Iraq.

He Gets Us
Old 06-13-2014, 10:50 AM   #260
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
We have to respond, Obama cannot sit on his hands like he did about Russia and the Ukraine. I was thinking last night I would wake up today and hear about a military operation. We must drive these guys out of Iraq.

I wouldn't be surprised if those nuts are funded and organized by people within our own government. It keeps perpetual war going so we can continue feeding billions of dollars to the war machine. Let's thank Bush for this complete disaster in Iraq. Hope that douche bag is happy.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 11:49 AM   #261
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if those nuts are funded and organized by people within our own government. It keeps perpetual war going so we can continue feeding billions of dollars to the war machine. Let's thank Bush for this complete disaster in Iraq. Hope that douche bag is happy.
Yeah, sometimes its better to have ironclad dictators like Assad and Sadam in power because of their ability to control their insane extreme elements within the culture. Problem with Sadam is he liked to destablize the region by his war machine, once against iran and the other against kuwait.

The middle east is the most intriguing place on the map with all their issues. The big question is why doesnt that area come together to squash these threats?

He Gets Us
Old 06-13-2014, 12:40 PM   #262
over the mountain
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
4 months ago I would have echoed your comments .... but after seeing what putin's mind state in russia is, iran's nuclear ambitions and china's claiming of territories and provocation ....

i now see why we spend 5% of GDP on defense.

it quite literally is the only thing keeping russia, china and iran in check.

those 3 are in bed together and it scares the hell out of me.

the only reason russia and china dont do more is bc their militaries have not caught up to ours.

world war is blowing in the winds. at some point in our lifetime its going to happen.

thankfully japan and australia are boosting their military. israel is always down to fight. canada needs to boost its military bc all of their artic land will be poached by russia and china in the search for oil.

the problem is all these weak EU nations relying on us to bully the bullies so they can spend their money else where instead of on defense.

at some point in our lives, none of us will be paying attention to football. there wont even be football. we live such a cush and bubbled life in the US.

moving away from oil is our only hope. unfortunately oil bought our politicians.
over the mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 09:33 AM   #263
tshile
Special Teams

I've been arguing with my republican friends about the main stream media stuff for the last few years. But watching the Sunday morning shows all two-step around the fact that we are arming ISIS in Syria and debating fighting them in Iraq is painful.

Rand Paul made mention of it and Candy Crowley just dodged the hell out of it.
tshile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 09:48 AM   #264
tshile
Special Teams

It's also painful to watch Dianne Feinstein say they were surprised a third of Iraq could be taken so quickly. Republicans have been warning about the danger of time-tabled withdrawal from the middle east and this result for years. This is not a surprise.

I am all for getting out of there but I certainly recognized the potential of this happening.
tshile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 04:25 PM   #265
Slingin Sammy 33
Playmaker

and the Obama Admin stands by and watches this happen

Purged by ISIS, Iraq's Christians appeal to world for help | Fox News

.....yet sends millions to organizations in Palestine that have rockets in their facilities.
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' — Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 07:54 PM   #266
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

ISIS beheading U.S. journalist James Foley, posts video - CNN.com

I think Im just beginning to hate everything "Middle East" and just say eff it and nuke all these countries

He Gets Us
Old 08-19-2014, 08:13 PM   #267
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

You just get the feeling that sooner later someone is going to do something stupider than stupid. It just reminds me of pre WWI Europe.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 08:22 PM   #268
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
You just get the feeling that sooner later someone is going to do something stupider than stupid. It just reminds me of pre WWI Europe.
The biggest problem I have is why arent other countries seeing this huge problem, amassing an army and doing something about these cray cray isis cats. Do they support it?

He Gets Us
Old 08-19-2014, 08:46 PM   #269
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
ISIS beheading U.S. journalist James Foley, posts video - CNN.com

I think Im just beginning to hate everything "Middle East" and just say eff it and nuke all these countries
I hope to goodness that the US wipes the floor with ISIS. As this point, I'm willing to go balls deep into Iraq (again) to clean house of these morons. While we are at it, I say we go ahead and end the source of their funding. /looks at Saudi Arabia
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 09:23 PM   #270
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
The biggest problem I have is why arent other countries seeing this huge problem, amassing an army and doing something about these cray cray isis cats. Do they support it?
Other countries like who? Do we want Iran to go deep into Iraq and basically create a land bridge to Syria? Syria is in it's own quandary and some propagandists argue the US sponsored ISiS in Syria and now has lost control. Given our track record in the middle east I am not sure that gets completely discounted. Jordan Saudi Arabia and the rest of the moderate Middle East nations have enough of an issue with the threat against their homelands why are they going to risk angering significant groups within their boundaries for a bunch of meaningless others(my belief in how most see the Kurds and other minorities most at risk from ISIS.

I guess bottomline the techniques and policies of ISIS may be outrageous here in the US, but it isn't completely out of line with the rulers of most local nations that we would normally encourage to intervene.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote